Hair ruffles

Just Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR POV

 

The next morning Sana woke up in her bed, still in a daze she blinked her eyes. She kept blinking until the teddy bear in front of her became clear. She smiled when she saw it, tapping it on the nose and then giving it a ruffle.

 

Her mind was left to the thoughts of her and Momo and their time together yesterday. It was definitely one of her favorite memories that they shared together now.

 

Sitting up and yawning she heard a knock on her bedroom door.

 

“Sana Banana! Are you up yet?” Her mom asked behind the closed door.

 

“Yes mom! Come in!” she shouted back.

 

Sana’s Mom cracked the door open, laughing at her daughter’s bed head. She walked towards her the hair to try and straighten it out.

 

“Did you sleep well?” Her mom asked.

 

“Yeah I did, surprisingly.” Sana smiled.

 

“Do you remember how you got to your room?” Her mom chuckled.

 

Sana trying to recall the memory shook her head, “I was on my way home, I think I fell asleep.”

 

Her mom nodded, “You did indeed fall asleep. So…”

 

“So what...?” Sana who was still trying to wake up questioned.

 

“So Momo carried you all the way up to your room.” Her mom laughed tapping the girls shoulder.

 

Sana felt blood rush to her cheeks, “She carried me?!”

 

Her mom nodded, “Yes she did, she was very gentle too. I’m surprised that you didn’t wake up. When you’re ready come down for breakfast, I have today off.”

 

After her mom left her room, she immediately took out her phone sending a message to Momo.

 

NoSanaNoLife: So uh, my mom said you carried me to my room. Sorry about that. Hopefully I wasn’t too heavy.

 

She wasn’t expecting a fast response when her phone buzzed after a couple minutes.

 

PaboMomo: You were heavy, I almost dropped you. HAHA.

 

Sana scoffed, immediately typing a response.

 

NoSanaNoLife: Well I’m sorry for your struggle!

 

She tossed her phone to the side, she wasn’t really mad or anything. She just didn’t want Momo to think of her that way.

 

Her phone buzzed again and she grabbed it.

 

PaboMomo: I’m kidding, you were really light actually. You better eat a lot today like me :D Also because you fell asleep I couldn’t help it and look at what I got.

 

Sana scrolled down to see a picture of herself asleep inside of Momo’s car.

 

NoSanaNoLife: YOU TOOK A PICTURE! DELETE IT!

 

PaboMomo: Nope. Never.

 

Sana groaned falling against her bed. That would be the last time that she ever fell asleep in Momo’s car.

 

 

The rest of the day carried on like normal. Nothing major happened. Sana mostly stayed at home and spent time with her mom since she had the day off. It was rare for her mom to have some time off so she took advantage of the opportunity when she could.

 

 

The next morning Sana woke up, ready for another school day and another week of being Momo’s fake girlfriend. Soon it would be all over she thought.

 

After getting dressed she decided to wait for Momo outside, rather than the girl always going to her and knocking on the door.

 

PaboMomo: On my way Sana Chan!

 

Sana looked at the text smiling, imitating how Momo would have said it she made herself laugh. After a few minutes of kicking a pebble around, a car pulled up and the window was rolled down.

 

“Hey there pretty, need a lift?” Momo who thought she was so funny, chuckled to herself at Sana’s not impressed face.

 

Sana rolling her eyes put a hand onto her hip, “Not really, my best friend should be here any moment.”

 

Momo laughed, “That’s me!”

 

Sana groaned, “Momo why are you like this?” she pulled the car door open and sat down in the passenger seat.

 

The other girl shrugged, “I don’t know, I’m just really funny.” She boasted.

 

“If you call that funny I don’t know how you’re gonna make Mina fall for you.” Sana teased.

 

“Why do you always have to be mean!” Momo pouted, “Anyways to answer that, who knows maybe she might very very soon. The other night we shared a pretty good hug! It was short, but sweet.” Momo smiled to herself recalling the memory.

 

“Well yay for you.” Sana sarcastically stated. “You’re welcome by the way.”

 

Momo nodded patting the girl’s thigh with her free hand, then ruffled her hair. “Yes yes, thanks very much Sana Chan.” When they came to a stop light Momo tried to pretend to bow, failing to remember that a steering wheel was in the way, she bumped her head onto i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter