Closer

Just Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR POV

 

The next couple of days passed by smoothly, within that amount of time Mina told Momo about her ending it with Jeongyeon and how she was thankful to her for pulling her out of staying invested into something like that.

 

 She also explained to Momo about how her and Chaeyoung were becoming closer to one another.

 

Momo was still giving Sana the time she needed to think. The two didn’t really see each other at school, Momo kept her distance letting the girl have her space while her mind was piecing everything together.

 

 

It was finally Saturday and that meant that it was finally Mina’s beach party day.

 

Momo was getting ready when she heard her phone buzz and she clicked the button accepting the call hearing Mina’s voice on the other side of the line.

 

“Momo!” Mina playfully shouted at her making Momo hold her phone away from her ear.

 

“Ow! My eardrums! What?” Momo laughed readjusting her phone.

 

“You’re still coming right? You better be coming! Sana said she would still be coming so you better.”

 

Momo laughed and looked down at her ankle brace. “Yeah I am. I just can’t swim so don’t expect me to.”  

 

Mina laughed on the other side of the line, “Well I don’t want you to mess your ankle up more so I know. I bought water guns and water balloons so you can still participate and not feel left out!”

Momo chuckled, “Myoui Mina, quite the cool one aren’t you?”

 

Mina chuckled humming in response to Momo’s joking tone. “Anyways, I also invited Chaeyoung so just a heads up.”

 

“Not surprised there.” Momo laughed.

 

“Hey what does that mean!” Mina pouted.

 

“Nothing.”

 

“But-“

 

Momo cut Mina off, “Anyways see you at the party, Byee Mina~“ She ended the call and chuckled to herself.

 

She knew that Mina developed a crush on Chaeyoung and the interactions that Momo saw between the two the past few days couldn’t make it any more obvious.

 

 

When Momo arrived to the beach a lot of people were already crowding the place. She used her crutches and crutched her way towards Mina when she spotted her.

 

“Hey there!” Momo shouted catching her attention.

 

“Hey you made it!” Mina smiled, handing her a drink.

 

“Yeah, how many people did you even invite?” Momo questioned looking around.

 

“I invited a few but then those few invite others and then the list goes on.” Mina rolled her eyes.

 

Mina pointed to her swimming attire catching Momo’s attention, “What do you think?”

 

Momo surprised that she didn’t notice earlier nodded, “Ah it looks nice! I’m sure Chaeyoung will love it.” Momo teased.

 

“Yah!” Mina whined lightly pushing Momo on her shoulder, causing them both to laugh.

 

They heard someone clearing their throat when Mina turned to the side noticing two familiar figures.

 

“Chaeyoung, Sana, you made it!” Mina smiled.

 

Momo turned at the sound of Sana’s name.

 

In a quick instant she regretted turning to look over at her. She was wearing a bikini piece with a light cardigan over it.

 

Her eyes were fixed onto Sana’s slowly analyzing down her figure, getting dry.

 

She felt herself becoming flustered, and nervous, yet intrigued all at the same time. She tried to adjust her crutches when they got caught in the sand making her fall backwards.

 

“Woah woah!”

 

“Yah!”

 

“Momo!”

 

“Are you okay?!”

 

Mina crouched down to help Momo stand up while Chaeyoung grabbed the crutches for her.

 

“Here you go.” Chaeyoung smiled.

 

“Thank you haha, sorry about that, walking with crutches is harder than it looks.” Momo ruffled her hair a bit and looked at Sana who was shaking her head at the girl.

 

Mina and Chaeyoung gave each other a look that Momo noticed.

 

“Say I have something to talk to Chaeyoung about so can you stay with Momo Sana?”

 

Sana trying to swallow the nervousness away nodding. “Yeah of course.”

 

Mina and Chaeyoung went off walking somewhere together and Sana walked toward Momo.

 

“Hi.” She smiled a bit finally.

 

Momo smiled back feeling her heart burst into flutters, “H-Hi there too.” She ended up stuttering while mentally facepalming herself.

 

“Why are you stuttering?” Sana laughed nudging the girl softly with her elbow.

 

“Because you look like that.” Momo admitted catching Sana off guard.

 

“Do I look bad?” Sana questioned teasingly clearly knowing what the girl meant but wanting her to elaborate more.

 

“No you look, um…beautiful.” Momo was becoming tongue tied and flustered and Sana was enjoying every bit of it.

 

“Ah well thank you. You don’t look bad yourself.” Sana complimented.

 

Momo looked down forgetting what she was wearing and shook her head, “Ah nah. I just threw this on to be honest.”

 

“Well it suits you, especially the button up.”

 

Momo was wearing a bikini top with jean shorts and an opened white button up to t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter