Burning Up

Just Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR POV

 

Momo watched the two figures disappear. She wanted to move her feet, but she couldn’t. It was like she was grounded to the floor, standing there and for what? There wasn’t anything more to see, Sana had already left, and she wasnt the one to leave with her.

 

After her small footsteps she reached the tree where Sana had just been. She placed her hand on the tree trunk remembering the memories that she had once had with Sana under this same exact one. (a/n: Italics are deep thoughts, memories, flashbacks)

 

“Sana! It’s cold why do you like sitting under this tree so much anyway?” Momo whined while stretching out her legs.

 

“Momo I told you, if you don’t like it why don’t you go sit somewhere else?” Sana grumbled while studying one of the history books and taking notes.

 

“Because I would be bored without you duh…” Momo looked up at the sky. “Why can’t we just sit inside or something it seriously looks like it’s going to rain!” Momo wailed some more.

 

The other just ignored her, “Momo, I have a big test soon. I have been taking notes like a crazy person. I need all the time I can to study. I am not moving from this spot and wasting valuable study time.” Sana pushed up her glasses continuing to read some more, while occasionally highlighting stuff.

 

Momo kept mum for a while, letting the other study.

 

She sat there quietly until a drop of rain fell right on her head.

 

“Ah!” Momo touched her head looking at the sky to be greeted with the other drops of rain that were starting to fall.

 

Sana who also noticed finally looked up from her text book. “SERIOUSLY? Oh my god, my notes no!”  Almost like a protective instinct she hunched over her notes and textbook to protect it from getting wet in the rain.

 

Momo boasted when she realized that she was right, “I told you we should have gone somewhere.”

 

She quickly took off her leather jacket and rushed over to Sana. She chuckled and squated a bit, using her jacket  as well as herself to shield the hunched girl and covered her and her things from the rain.

 

“Come on. Let’s go find a place in the library.” Momo smiled at her friend.

 

Sana looked up, looking into Momo’s sweet eyes that always showed nothing but sincerity towards her. She pursed her lips, just looking at Momo who was trying to protect her from letting any water fall onto her or her things. Aside from the half of her body that was still getting wet, because it’s not like a jacket was as big as an umbrella or anything. But, it still didn’t matter, the way Momo was so quick to shelter her rather than herself, it was enough to warm Sana's entire heart radiating any warmth to the places that had been touched by the rain.

 

Momo moved her hand away from the tree trunk, and looked at it, almost in desperation. "Why am I feeling these things lately? I just don’t get it.”

 

She slammed her palm onto the tree, “Why am I suddenly feeling these things for Sana? Right when I’m so close to letting Mina, the love of my life, see who I am. My feelings are getting all jumbled up.”

 

She sighed, “It couldn’t possibly be…feelings could it?” She swallowed hard, deep down she knew the answer, but she was too afraid to let it reveal itself if she truly acknowledged it.

 

If she stays in denial for a long enough time, it would eventually stop. Whatever this was would stop, or so thats what she told herself.

 

 

Momo entered her home completely drenched, it was almost as if she jumped into a pool with all her clothes intentionally.

 

“I’m home.” She greeted her parents on couch.

 

They turned to their daughter, in shock of her current state. “Momo! How did you get so wet?!”

 

Her mother rushed to one of the cabinets pulling out a towel then walked to her daughter, who for some reason seemed to be gloomier than she usually would be.

 

“I didn’t have an umbrella.” Momo stated when her Mom wrapped her in a towel hoping to dry her daughter.

 

Her sister walked to her with something warm to drink, and pointed at her jacket. “Well you had a jacket…”

 

Momo looked down at her jacket, and stared at it, only replying with an “Oh” as if she didn’t realize that she had it.

 

Her sister raised an eyebrow. “Hirai Momo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter