Goodnight

Just Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR POV

 

“Come on Sana let’s go.” Momo tugged her hand again, she didn’t want to see Mina like that anymore. The longer she watched Mina alone, where Jeongyeon was nowhere to be seen the more bothered she felt.  

 

Sana knew Momo wanted to do something, she even wanted to do something herself too. What type of person would she be if she could just ignore something like that? 

 

She took a deep breath, inhaling. As much as she wished that their day together could have just ended with the two of them, after seeing Mina by herself she couldn’t just stand around and ignore it.

 

“Let’s go keep her company.” Sana pulled Momo’s hand towards the girl who was sitting on the field alone. “She shouldn’t be alone.” Sana smiled.

 

“But it’s still your day.” Momo replied, feeling bad for Sana.

 

Sana shook her head, “You’ve been a good best friend all day, it’s time for both of us to be a good friend to someone who looks like they need the company.”

 

Momo smiled at her friend ruffling her hair, “Thanks Sana.”

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

When they got to Mina she was so lost in her thoughts that she didn’t even notice that people were standing right behind her. She kept looking in the sky, as if she was searching for something.

 

Sana and Momo took a step to each of Mina’s sides, then eyed each other nodded and immediately sat down, startling the girl.

 

“Hi there!” Sana smiled.

 

“Looks like you need company!” Momo smiled to Mina too.

 

Mina laughed, placing a hand over her heart. “You guys scared me.”

 

She moved her shoulder to one side nudging Sana a bit, then to the other side to nudge Momo. “You guys are still here?”

 

“Obviously.” Momo joked making them all laugh.

 

“No not like that,” Mina chuckled, “I meant I thought you guys left.”

 

Sana shook her head, “This one wanted to stay until she won a prize.” She showed the bear causing the other to roll her eyes.

 

“I wanted to win it because I already spent money on it, I should try to win something otherwise it would be a waste!” Momo groaned.

 

This made the other two laugh. “So,” Sana broke the laughter, “Where’s Jeongyeon? Why are you by yourself?”

 

Mina looked up at the sky again, “Oh, she had to leave, needed to do something.”

 

“Oh so she’s coming back?” Sana questioned again.

 

“Ah, no haha. She isn’t.” Mina replied.

 

“So you’ve been here by yourself this whole time?” Momo tried to control the irritation in her tone.

 

Mina nodded, “Solitude is good sometimes anyways.”

 

This made Sana sad, there indeed was something under that surface of Mina’s that she didn’t show at school. No one would say something like that unless they were used to it.

 

“Well, sorry to break it to you.” Sana teased, “But we’re gonna keep you company now.”

 

Mina chuckled looking at the two, “I don’t mind that. You two are people I actually consider to be good friends now anyways.”

 

They both looked at Mina, a little shocked at her words. “I know; we haven’t known each other for long. But I don’t know, there’s something about you two that I like.” She looked at the sky.

 

They nodded in response.

 

“Give me your phone.” Momo broke the silence this time.

 

Mina pulled out her phone handing it to her after she unlocked it.

 

“Next time, if Jeongyeon leaves you alone somewhere, or you just genuinely want someone to hang out with you can text me or Sana.” Momo started inputting the numbers into her phone.


Mina smiled, trying to take her phone back “It’s okay guys you don’t have to.”

 

Momo shook her head, “You already said it yourself. We’re friends, so this is what friends are for.” Momo smiled handing the phone back to her after a minute.

 

Sana was reaching to input her own number when Momo stopped her, “Oh I already put your number in there for her.”

 

Sana raised an eyebrow, “You memorized my number?” She let out a chuckle because she didn’t expect it.

 

Momo shrugged and nodded, “I had it memorized for a while now, just in case I needed to reach you and I didn’t have my phone.”

 

Sana shouldn’t have been affected by something that small, but she was. Momo memorized her number. Her number. They were best friends after all, yes, but Sana didn’t even memorize Momo’s.

 

So it felt nice knowing that Momo had remembered her number, especially since Momo usually wasn’t the type to be able to remember things. She was always forgetful.

 

“Did you guys have fun today?” Mina asked the two.

 

“We did!” Momo happily answered, “Guys kept looking at her though, because she decided to wear a crop top today, so I had to tie my shirt around her so they would stop looking.” Momo stuck her tongue out at Sana who just rolled her eyes.

 

The actions made Mina laugh. “You guys are really something. It’s cute.” She admitted to them.

 

“We go through our own problems too though; it isn’t just all cute. But we just choose not to show that side to others.” Sana stated.  “But that’s relationships. Depends on if you could get through them or not.”

 

Momo eyed her friend on what she meant by it, and Mina nodded her head. Sana who noticed Momo’s facial expression pulled out her phone and sent a text to her.

 

Momo feeling her phone buzz took her phone out of her pocket and saw the text message.

 

NoSanaNoLife: I’m adding to our story, so that when we break up it isn’t too weird, because we are always seen as “cute”.

 

Momo being the oblivious nodded her head after Sana explained it. Her friend was always the smart one, she was really thankful towards her help.

 

“Yeah like problems with guys that stare at her.” Momo added.

 

Sana shook her head, “Oh my god, you’re still on that? Just drop it.” She laughed.

 

Mina chuckled at the two’s bicker, “To be fair, Momo’s just being a protective girlfriend.”

 

Momo patted Mina’s shoulder, “See! Thank you Mina!”

 

Sana looked up at the sky now, letting the other two converse as she thought to herself.

 

Yeah, but you said it when you were just my best friend, not my fake girlfriend.

 

She focused back onto the conversation Momo and Mina were having.

 

“So, I’m planning to have a party next weekend, at the beach. It’s just going to be the soccer players, some friends, and the cheerleaders if you guys want to join.”

 

Momo immediately agreed not being able to hold back the excitement, “Yeah sure! That sounds fun!”

 

“What about you Sana?” Mina turned to Sana.

 

“I’d like that; a beach day seems like something I’d be up for.”

 

Mina smiled excited herself, “Yay you two are interested. I’ll let you know the details lat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter