Morning Memories and Punishments

Just Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author POV

 

After little sleep, Sana finally gave in. She only got a few hours in because sadly enough even in her dreams she couldn’t escape Momo. She would dream that the girl found out about her feelings and completely disregarded her, dropping her out of her life. It was a dream that Sana was scared would turn into reality.

 

School didn’t start until 8. It was currently 5 in the morning. This would give her time to shower and make breakfast for herself as well as lunch for school.

 

After her long needed shower, that did help her relax a bit she went downstairs to be greeted by her Mom who was already on her way out for work.

 

“Oh Sana you’re up already? Couldn’t sleep dear?” The mother endearingly her daughter’s cheek.

 

“I’ve been troubled lately so no I couldn’t. It’s okay though don’t worry, you’re gonna be late for work! You should get going.” Sana smiled her mom noticing the visible eye bags that she had. She didn’t want her to worry too much.

 

“Are you sure?” The mother questioned earning a nod from Sana. She waved to her daughter and left on her way to work.  

 

Sana’s parents were always hard workers. That’s why despite their lack of time together Sana was never one to complain.

 

Mrs. Minatozaki worked a normal office job, but was always slammed with paper work and clients. Mr Minatozaki worked in a business where he was always travelling from place to place, so she didn’t get to see much of him often.

 

They did their best to give their daughter a good life. Sana always appreciated it never taking anything for granted. She always thought that the best gift they gave her was the friendship that her and Momo had.

 

In a way it was like she was content because of the fact that even though her parents were always busy, she always had Momo. Momo was that comfort that Sana always needed when she wasn’t able to reach it with her own parents due to the circumstances. Momo’s parents even treated her like a daughter as well, so despite her not having her actual parents with her all the time she never felt too lonely.

 

She recalled the memory of them having a sleep over when they were around 5, she ended up having a nightmare about monsters under the bed and in the closet. It’s silly now when she thinks about it, but she remembered how scared she was that night. She couldn’t stop crying which resulted in her waking Momo up.

 

She remembered the confused look that Momo had when she asked her why she was crying. Then she remembered that rather than laughing at her nightmare, Momo protected her. (a/n: Italicized words are memories and flashbacks, or deep thoughts of the character)

 

“Momo Chan, Don’t go” the little girl gripped her best friends arm.

 

“But Sana Chan is crying.” Momo pouted. “I’m right here, I can protect you. You’re scared there are monsters right? I will check for you.”

 

As much as Sana tried to protest, Momo didn’t listen. She got up and the lights, leaving little Sana wrapped safely in blankets.

 

“I’ll check under the bed first okay?” Momo stated.

 

She looked under the bed, “Nope, no monsters here! Want to see for yourself? Maybe you will feel better!” Momo extended her hand out to Sana.

Sana took it and slowly dipped her head looking under the bed sighing in relief that there were no signs of monsters.

 

She followed Momo closely behind when they went to the closet a hand holding onto the hem of her shirt.


When Momo opened the door Sana flinched closing her eyes until she heard her best friend’s reassurance “No monsters in here, just clothes!” Momo showed Sana. “Unless you’re scared of my clothes, then…” Momo started whacking the clothes around making Sana finally laugh.

 

They went back to bed, and because Sana was still paranoid looking around the room, Momo caught on. “Here.” She handed Sana a stuffed bear plush that she always hugged at night.

 

“But Momo Chan, it’s yours. You need it.”

 

Momo shook her head, “Its okay, you can borrow it for tonight. It will help keep the bad dreams away.”

 

Sana the stove and started to cook. She made pancakes for breakfast and finished it in no time. After that she set up two bento boxes, one for her and of course one for Momo.

 

Despite her genuinely wanting to make it for the girl she knows that Momo will nev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter