Wait for it

Just Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR POV

 

Before Sana was able to say anything she saw Momo walk to the other soccer players, but not before she turned back to smile at her. The smile that always melted her.

 

Wait for it.

 

Her heart started to race again, Momo’s voice echoed through her head. The whisper was enough to give her goosebumps, and the butterflies she had once gave up on made its reappearance in her stomach.

 

Isn’t she with Mina now though? So why does she want to make a goal for me still?

 

She shook off the thought when Mina came from behind tapping her on the shoulder, she had been watching the two from a distance and thought now it would be a good time to go back since Sana seemed too distracted.

 

“Hey are you okay? You look out of it. What did I miss?” Mina laughed, playing dumb.

 

“Oh yeah! I’m fine. Just thinking!” Sana tried to laugh it off.

 

“Come on let’s go line up at the sidelines, that’s where we cheer.” Mina smiled gesturing for Sana to follow her.

 

 

When Sana looked up at the bleachers, seeing the big rows filled up with people she gulped hard. There was definitely a lot that would be watching tonight. She was usually just one of the spectators, but now…now she felt nervous she was almost a part of the whole thing. There was definitely a big difference from sitting in the bleachers and watching than standing on the field and cheering. She could only imagine how Momo felt, being one of the players with everyone’s eyes on her.

 

 

The soccer players were still in the locker rooms, making last minute preparations before the game.

 

She stood with Mina, facing the crowd along with the other cheerleaders they did a warm up cheer to hype of the crowd and the people who came from school to support the soccer team. The other crowd from the opposing side booed a bit but they still wore their bright smiles ignoring them.

 

The commentators started to talk as well, signaling that the soccer players would be exiting any minute.

 

Sana’s heart was starting to beat faster in anticipation as she shook her pompoms together, jumping here and there.

 

“I’m still planning on making a goal for you tonight. Wait for it.”

 

Her heart was going to burst at this point. Momo had control over everything that her heart felt and she disliked the girl for that. But that would be the only reason that she could find on why she didn’t like the girl.

 

While she was lost in her thoughts she saw the soccer players from her school coming out, running in a line behind one another, they were running past the sidelines. She swallowed hard when she saw Momo, it would be a lie if she said that she didn’t find her extremely hot right now.

Her hair was tied up into a ponytail and the way her red and white uniform clung to her body was enough to compliment her curves. The high socks were tight around her toned calves. By this point Sana was trying hard not to make it obvious she was staring

 

She saw Momo running past her, she tried not to look into her eyes but couldn’t help it. She looked directly into them as Momo ran past her, for that quick second that their eyes met, she felt Momo doing things to her stomach again.

 

What was the girl doing to her? Why was she doing this? Sana didn’t get it. But she shook off the thought and continued to shout and cheer along with the other cheerleaders.

 

Mina who saw the two’s little moment smiled to herself.

 

 

 

The other team came out and both teams line up on opposite ends of the referees who stood between them. The crowd cheered, hollered and shouted. The commentators were still talking and announcing the usual greetings, but Sana wasn’t paying attention. Her eyes were drawn to Momo who looking directly at the her.

 

It was making her nervous and she tried not to be, years of being the girls friend and yet Momo was able to make Sana so nervous just by a look.

 

She continued to smile, along with the other girls who were cheering but it was hard to focus with Momo staring at her so intently.

 

Maybe she’s looking at Mina.

 

Sana followed Momo’s eyes and tried to see if it lined up with Mina but it didn’t. She moved from one small place to the next and Momo’s eyes followed her.

 

Is this her trying to apologize or something?

 

She was really confused on why the girl was behaving this way, she looked behind her to see if she was looking at someone in the crowd. When she turned around, she saw the girl shake her head while trying to discreetly signal a pointing motion at her with her index finger.  

 

Huh? Is she trying to tell me she’s looking at me?

 

The soccer players bowed after the greetings and she could have sworn that when Momo looked at her when she stood upright she saw a small confident grin across her face.

 

She pointed back at herself and Momo nodded her head.

 

Before she was able to mouth the words “Why?”, the teams had to get into their positions.

 

The starting players called the coin on whether it was heads or tails, and much to their dismay the opponent called the correct side giving them the starting advantage.

 

The players got ready for the kick off, and suddenly just like that the game was starting.

 

The players and the ball travelled so fast around the field it was hard to keep up.

 

The opposing team dribbled the ball with such swiftness it was hard to believe, they were already at the goal created tension amongst the crowd. Everyone was concerned whether they would make the first goal of the night when a defender from their team kicked the ball away from the goal.

 

The cheerleaders hailed in relief along with the crowd, there was a lot of anticipation and tension in a soccer game.

 

Jeongyeon current

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter