Rain on Me

Just Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR POV

 

Sana had no place to go, she didn’t even think about how she was going to get home now. She actually didn’t even want to go home anyways, going home to an empty house was the last thing she needed right now. She just plugged in her earphones and tuned the whole world out.

 

After a while of walking around campus, she settled at her old spot. The spot she always sat at before she started to eat with the soccer players and the cheerleaders. It was a tree not too far from the campus library. She sat down onto the grass, hugging her knees, still listening to the songs off of her phone. Every song reminded her of Momo, whether it was a happy moment of theirs or one where she was left sad and broken.

 

Much to her dismay, she felt her phone vibrate. She looked at the screen.

 

PaboMomo: Did you make it home yet? I just got to the ice cream place with Mina.

 

Sana sighed and sent her reply.

 

To be honest as much as she wanted to blame Momo, she couldn’t. She couldn’t really blame anyone but herself. It was her own heart that fell for Momo, so no matter what happens it’s no ones’ fault for her feeling the way she does. As much as she wanted to put the blame on someone, she couldn’t. She knew it was her own doing, and it was too late. She let herself fall too much and now, now this was the punishment.

 

She sighed, feeling the breeze against her face. The weather was getting gloomier, with some winds brushing against her. She pulled her jacket up more, trying to shield herself from the cold.  She still couldn’t believe it, looking up at the sky she looked for the answers as if they would be written in the clouds.

 

Why didn’t she just stop the feelings from growing sooner? She honestly thought it was a small crush, a feeling she developed because they had known each other for so long. Well, she chuckled bitterly looking at the sky, “Jokes on me, I guess. Huh?”

 

And how come? She glared at the sky as if she was angry at it.

 

Why did it have to be Hirai Momo?

 

The most oblivious person in the world.

 

Why?

 

She continued to glare at the sky, hoping for something to give her answers. But there was nothing. She closed her eyes, her neck still craned back because she had been looking up.

 

She took a deep inhale, feeling a drop of water fall against her cheek, and another one.

 

She opened her eyes and wiped her face.

 

“Hah…” she let out another bitter laugh, when she realized that it was sprinkling, even the sky pitied her and her tragic love story. “What? Now you feel sorry for me too is that what this is?” She scowled towards the sky again.

 

She groaned grabbing her things, she’d have to have another talk with the sky later. For now she’d have to worry about getting home because the soft drizzles of rain would probably turn into heavy rain soon.

 

But sadly that was also too late, “That’s just great.” She mumbled as the rain was already starting to pour heavily. She slung her bag over her shoulder and placed her hands over her head, as it would really help shield her.

 

It looks like she’d just walk home in the rain. She was about to step out from under the tree when she felt a tap on her shoulder.

 

Turning around she was greeted with an umbrella, that shielded her from getting any more of the rain’s pity.

 

She took out her earphone when she saw the familiar face.

 

“Chaeyoung?”

 

The other smiled a bit, ruffling her slightly damp hair. “I tried calling you earlier. But I guess you couldn’t hear because your earphones.”

 

Sana laughed a bit, “Ah sorry.” She took off her earphones and put them away in her pocket.

 

Chaeyoung shook her head, “It’s not a problem, I saw you from the library and decided to come check on you. Are you okay?”

 

Sana nodded, “I’m okay, not crying this time.” She let out a slightly over exaggerated laugh.

 

Chaeyoung nodded, “Well, I’m glad you aren’t crying this time. But it sure seems like your mad at the sky.”

 

Sana’s face flushed in embarrassment. “Oh no. You didn’t uh, hear me did you?”

 

Chaeyoung nodded slowly, “I indeed did. I mean you were kind of loud. Maybe you forgot with your earphones in and all.” She laughed. “But don’t worry, I’m guilty of getting mad at the sky at times too.”

 

Sana chuckled a bit, laughing at the other. Something about her presence did make her feel better. Not so alone like she had been feeling recently.

 

The two talked for a while losing track of time.

 

Chaeyoung was completely shielding Sana with her umbrella, when Sana realized that the other was still getting slightly wet, because the umbrella wasn’t that big. “Hey you’re getting a bit wet, why don’t you just step closer.”

 

Chaeyoung shook her head. “It’s okay I don’t want to invade your space. I don’t mind.”

 

Sana not taking no for an answer retorted back, “No really its fine. You’re the one that’s helping me stay dry so please, it’d make me feel bad if you continued to let the rain wet you.”

 

Chaeyoung nodded admitting her defeat and stepped closer to Sana adjusting the umbrella.

 

“Are you headed home?” Chaeyoung questioned.

 

Sana nodded. “Yeah. You?”


She saw Chaeyoung nod.

 

The short hair girl proceeded with another question, “Do you walk, drive, or use public transportation?”

 

Sana shrugged, “I usually have a ride, but today out of all days. I’m actually walking.”

 

Chaeyoung was in thought for a bit when she smiled, “How about I walk you?”

 

Sana shook her head, “It’s okay Chaeyoung, y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter