Swings

Just Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR POV

 

The next morning Momo woke up still in the hospital bed. She clicked onto her phone checking the time, it was still super early.

 

5 in the morning. She let out a little sigh.

 

The doctors thought it would be a good idea for her to stay overnight, because last night was still too soon for her to walk on it directly.  

 

“Good Morning Miss Hirai.” The nurse came in with a pair of crutches greeting the still half asleep girl.

 

“Ah, good morning.” She replied sleepily looking out of her hospital room window, wishing that a certain person would come by to visit her in time before she left or anything.

 

“The doctor said along with your sprain, you need to use crutches for the next couple of days. Remember no strenuous activity, so no soccer, no running, and things along those lines. You can really damage a nerve if you try to when your ankle isn’t healed yet.”

 

Momo nodded and got up to change. “I’m allowed to go to school now correct?”

 

The nurse nodded, “Yes, that’s why I brought you these. Just get changed and then sign out on some of the paperwork and then you can leave.”

 

 

When Momo got done filling out the paperwork, she used her crutches to crutch her way outside.

 

When the sliding doors opened and she stepped out, she saw a familiar figure there sitting on the bench in front of the hospital.

 

“Sana…”

 

She dropped one of her crutches to the floor not giving a care in the world and used the remaining one struggling her way towards her.

 

“Yah! Momo! Your crutch-” Sana was cut off when Momo wrapped an arm around her, pulling her to her embrace.

 

“Forget it. I missed you.” Momo finally exhaled her relief.

 

Her heart was finally feeling okay again, because it was like the moment Sana left the hospital yesterday, she took her heart with her, and Momo was just passing the time without it feeling anything, and now that Momo saw Sana, it was like her heart returned back to her feeling everything it needed to feel.

 

Sana felt her heart pounding against her chest. She patted Momo comfortingly on the back in little soft rhythms. She was still so confused with everything, why did it all have to be so complicated. An endless amount of thoughts passed through her puzzled mind.

 

I’m never going to be able to get away from you am I?

 

When I try, I end up back where I started, and I find myself still in love with you and more.

 

Momo pulled away, still holding onto Sana’s arm, looking the girl directly in her eyes. They were dark and warm, just as Sana remembered. Sana looked into them and for the first time in a while she saw the Momo she was once so familiar with. She saw the eyes of the little girl she first saw hiding behind her mom. In it showed a little hesitancy, but it was still so soft and deep with a warm gentle look to top it off. Sana didn’t understand why she saw a bit of hesitancy in her eyes, but before she got to question it Momo broke the silence.

 

“Why are you here so early?”

 

“I couldn’t sleep, too worried about you. So I came early to visit. But the visitor hours don’t open until 6.” Sana laughed a bit.

 

Momo smiled and started to Sana’s hair softly. She felt touched. This whole time she was wishing for a certain visitor to come and the visitor was already here waiting to see her.

 

Momo noticed Sana not wearing a jacket when she was rubbing the bare skin of her arm up and down. The girl must have been cold.

 

How long was she sitting out here?

 

Momo put her one crutches down to the bench, ping her jacket. “Here,”

 

Sana held Momo’s hand to stop it, “I’m okay. I’m feeling a lot warmer than you think.” She smiled retracting her hand from Momo’s slowly.

 

Momo confused on why Sana would be warm when the cold morning breezes were present showed worry in her face. “Are you sick?” She felt Sana’s forehead.

 

Sana smiled at the to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter