Torn

Just Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR POV

 

Sana felt the sadness run through her veins, shaking her heart and waking her back up into reality. She looked at her best friend who at the moment seemed like the hardest person to read, when she had once been the easiest.

 

I mean sure, she knew it would come to an end soon, she even wanted it all to end soon as well. But the moment she heard the words, it still hit her like a truck. It was so sudden. She was caught between two worlds, one where everything was just pretend and the other was her reality,  and just like that, in a small instant, Sana found herself getting pulled back to her reality.

 

One second I’m with you, and the next I’m not. Sana thought.

 

She looked at Momo who’s eyes no longer met hers and she nodded. “Ah,” that was all she was able to say within the small amount of time since Momo told her. The funny thing was that despite it not even being that long of an awkward silence it felt like hours of emptiness that was left in the air.

 

Momo’s voice continued to talk but Sana couldn’t look at her, they couldn’t look at each other. “Don’t worry, I’ll come up with something for the reason why we broke up. It’ll be mutual and we will still be able to be friends. No one will be seen as a bad guy. I’m sorry that I put you through this Sana.”

 

Sana mustered up every bit of strength she had left in her. Her eyes wanted to water but she denied them to do so. She couldn’t let Momo see how affected she was.

 

Sana took a sharp inhale, and nodded again. “If you think now is the right time then, then, I’m with you.”

 

Momo looked up at her with the unreadable expression that was still in her eyes.

 

What are you thinking? Sana didn’t know anymore.

 

Something felt so off, why was the air so stiff?

 

Why does it all feel so real, when this is all fake?

 

Sana let out a small forced chuckle, “Aha, guess I should be going. I hope you feel better soon Momo.”

 

She was walking away towards the door when she forced a smile and looked at the girl who was standing by the couch.

 

She reached a hand up to wave when she saw Momo take a step closer to her, and another.

 

“Sana wait.” She heard Momo’s voice.

 

Momo was walking to her, something in her eyes seemed different. What was it? She couldn’t put her finger on it.

 

“What is it?” Sana tried to play off the crack from her voice while calming the nerves in her body from shattering apart.

 

“I want to see something.” Momo finally reached her, reaching both hands to hold Sana's arm.

 

“Momo??” Sana didn’t know what to say. What was she trying to do?

 

“Just let me see something?” Momo hushed her, her eyes piercing into Sana’s.

 

Sana swallowed hard, looking away.

 

Oh no…does she know?

 

Sana tried hard to remain calm.

 

She couldn’t possibly know my feelings right?

 

Not oblivious Hirai Momo.

 

“Can you look at me?” was all that Momo asked.

 

Sana with her eyes wavering, forced herself to look into Momo’s eyes again. She was hesitant, afraid that if she looked directly into Momo's eyes, the girl would know her feelings easily.

 

Momo was testing out the waters, she wanted to be sure of her feelings for Sana. She didn’t know how else to do so.

 

But she was right, being this close to Sana was making her flutter. It was making her flutter the way she had once fluttered for Mina.

 

She looked at Sana, biting her lip from doing anything further. She couldn’t deal with it anymore. She looked at the girl, who was probably confused of her actions, and she wanted to tell her everything.

 

Maybe it was the meds that made her no longer care, or maybe it was her heart that wanted to no longer feel this way and only wanting to do something. But she wanted to tell the girl of her feelings, now that she was sure of it, she had to say something...anything. She didnt like it when Sana walked away from her.

 

“Sana…I…” Momo was mustering out the courage, when the doorbell rang breaking their eye contact.

 

Sana looked towards the door, and then back at Momo. Her eyes seemed to lack something, when it looked back into Momo's this time. Hey eyes lacked the brightness in it that it had once held and Momo noticed it. She wanted to say something but it was too late.

 

Sana pulled away. “It’s probably Mina. I should leave. G

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter