Misunderstandings

Just Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author Pov

 

Sana sat there looking at Chaeyoung, she saw still moving and talking, but she could no longer hear anything, her mind was somewhere else.

 

I think Momo has feelings for you….

 

“She…she…you think what?” Sana finally muttered out while looking at Chaeyoung like she was the craziest person ever.

 

“Don’t look at me like that,” Chaeyoung laughed. “Think about it, just think about how she has been behaving ever since I came into the picture.”

 

Sana thought long and hard about it, “Well, that’s just because we are…best friends. That’s what Momo always said.”

 

“Sana.” Chaeyoung shook her head, not amused at the girl’s relentlessness on being clueless with the obvious. “You are being just like how you told me Momo was. Stop using that excuse. Best friends don’t even act the way you guys do. The jealousy, the protectiveness, the fact that she remembered things about you like your complicated coffee order.”

 

Sana took a deep breath, “Yeah, but...she’s always been like that and she has still seen me as nothing more than a friend Chae.”

 

“Sana!” The girl held her softly by the shoulders, “Let me explain this to you easily. If she really just saw you as a friend, me calling you Sana Chan wouldn’t have set her off the way it did. She likes you. That is what you call jealousy. And if you say that it is friendship jealousy I will use my sketchbook and knock you with some sense.”

 

Sana shrugged, “It’s just years after being friends and hearing her use that excuse for her actions, I…I…it’s just hard for me to believe, it’s something I can’t believe.”

 

Chaeyoung sighed in defeat, “Well, what do I really know. Technically I’m just an observer. But I’m telling you, from my observations she likes you. She just doesn’t know it yet. I think you two need to talk to each other.”

 

Sana nodded and kept quiet.

 

Maybe…we do need to talk.

 

“I’ll be back!” Sana got up, “Maybe I can still catch her!”

 

“At a girl.” Chaeyoung smiled and did the thumbs up.


Sana sped walked out of the coffee shop, but stopped in her place when she went outside the door. She looked in front of her, a little way down the street and saw Momo and Mina hugging.

 

And so, my heart sinks again. I was right, how could I be dumb to think you could have possibly like me?

 

She turned around walking back in the coffee shop, Chaeyoung looked at her with confused eyes. But all Sana did was shake her head, she shook her head as her eyes started to fill up with tears.

 

She sat down next to Chaeyoung and shrugged, “I was too late, how could I think that she could like me.” She let out a small bitter chuckle, “They were outside, hugging each other. I didn’t feel like interrupting. She left so she could be alone with Mina. Not because she likes me.”

 

The tears were streaming down and Chaeyoung pulled her into a hug and comforted the girl, Sana feeling like the most vulnerable, fragile person hugged Chaeyoung back, tightly. She tried to control her tears, but she couldn’t.

 

 

“Momo, hey wait up!” Mina placed her hand on Momo’s shoulder, making the latter turn around to face her.

 

“I tried Mina, but I couldn’t.” Momo looked away with the irritation showing in her voice.

 

“Talk to me about it, what happened? Was it because Chaeyoung wiped away the cream?” Mina was still baffled on why Momo was so affected by it and how obvious it was that from that, it clearly showed that Momo liked her. She just hoped that Sana picked up on it.

 

Momo shook her head, as if trying to shake away the jealousy. “It’s…it’s everything. It’s the fact that I can’t laugh with her just like I used to before, and that she’s doing that with someone else, it’s the fact that someone else is there taking care of her because I couldn’t figure out my feelings sooner, it’s because Sana Chan, Sana Chan…that nickname was only said by me. No one else. And now it’s like she has this other person calling her that. This other person that’s replacing me.” Momo’s eyes were watering.

 

Mina nodded listening contently to her friend. She felt the hurt Momo felt through the words she conveyed and the way her eyes expressed her sadness.

 

Mina not knowing what to do comforted her friend with a hug. She hugged her and patted her back. They hugged for a while until Momo regained her composure.

 

“Maybe that’s how she felt Momo. Look I’m not siding with anyone, but all this time…you guys have been friends. I have only known you a short while and on the first day of when you started the fake relationship I didn’t question it, because San

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter