Lunch Break

Just Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR POV

 

Momo finally got out of class and now it was lunch. She would finally be sitting at a table with Mina. She was beyond excited. She tried to encourage herself in her head telling her that she was doing this out of good intentions for Mina.

 

She didn’t want to be known as a homewrecker or what not. But is it really homewrecking if Jeongyeon is technically already cheating on Mina without her knowing? She continued to walk to Sana’s locker battling herself with thoughts of whether it was right to be doing this or not. She took her phone out noticing a text appear on the screen.

 

Unknown to her a smile that always showed when she saw that certain name made its appearance. Simply just by the sight of the name.

 

NoSanaNoLife: Guess what. I have class with your girlfriend. She’s nice.

 

Momo quickly texted Sana back.

 

PaboMomo: Awh lucky! And hey she isn’t my girlfriend yet, remember you’re my girlfriend right now. I’m glad you think she’s nice, that means you technically approve, no?”

 

She leaned her back against Sana’s locker waiting for the girl to show up. Some people noticing looked at her. She just smiled at them and bowed her head a bit.

 

“She’s so nice!” Some of the girls squealed, making Momo chuckle to herself.

 

Now Momo wasn’t the best of the whole school or anything like that, but people did know of her and she’s had some occasional suitors who wanted to be with her, but she’s always rejected them. Her interest wasn’t really anyone, not anyone until Myoui Mina showed up into her life.

 

Finally, she felt a familiar tap on her shoulder, “Hey there!” Momo greeted hugging Sana, which the latter gladly returned.

 

“Hey to you too.” Sana replied wrapping her arms around Momo’s neck. This time Sana was doing okay, she and Momo hug all the time, so thankfully for her it was like a small break for her heart.

 

Momo lingered in the hug to whisper again. “I’m going to hold your hand the whole way to the lunch table okay? Remember put on your best act.”

 

Sana nodded. Or so she thought she would be okay. When they were kids they used to hold hands all the time, but one day when they grew up all that type of skin-ship just stopped. Sure they were close cause they were best friends, but they knew the limitations. It was in a rare blue moon if Momo extended an arm for Sana to hold and it was always in a friendly way.

 

When Momo pulled away she slipped her hand into Sana’s and started walking to the cafeteria. They walked in silence with people looking and glancing at them along the way, Sana doing her best to ignore the stares.

 

Unlike Momo, Sana wasn’t as popular. She was more neutral with everything, people knew her and she’s had people confess, but again, because her heart was set on the girl who was currently holding her hand she always politely rejected offers.

 

They reached the entrance of the cafeteria and Momo scanned for Jeongyeon’s table. Everyone looked at the two of them in the doorway holding hands. Momo oblivious to the stares looked around until she heard, “Aye Hirai! We are over here!” Turning her head to the place of where the sound came from she found their table in the back corner and walked there practically dragging Sana along the way when she saw Mina.

 

Mina and Jeongyeon were there with a couple of other people some from the soccer team and some from other classes Momo assumed.

 

“Hi guys!” Mina smiled and greeted them.

 

“Ah, hi Mina-shi!” Momo greeted and bowed a bit making Mina chuckle.

 

“No need to be so formal Momo. You can call me Mina. I met your girlfriend this morning already too.”

 

Momo nodded pulling her backpack off her shoulders then holding Sana’s hand up to help her sit comfortably on the seat.

 

“Thank you.” Sana smiled at Momo when she sat down.

 

“Awwww!” some of the girls around them beamed at the couple.

 

Momo sat down next to Sana making sure to create no space between them wrapping an arm around her waist

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter