Red and Purple

Just Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR POV

 

“This, everything you hear right now, is because of you and how in love with you I am.”

 

Sana heard the sound of Momo’s heart against her ear. 

 

I make her heart that way…?

 

She thought to herself.

 

“Did you hear it?” Momo asked when Sana moved her ear away, facing her.

 

Sana kept mum and nodded.

 

Momo softly the quiet girl’s hair and smiled, “See, Sana, that’s what you do to me. I don’t understand why it took me so long to realize these things, but its better late than never. It’s better I tell you how I feel now than to lock it away forever. So please don’t lock yours away too. I let you listen to my heart and what you do to it, so you know that this isn’t pretend, my feelings are real.”

 

Sana took a deep breath and nodded, sitting up when Momo did. “I understand that, I just wish that my mind would stop the doubting. I wish that it would stop the doubting that one day you’re going to realize you don’t want to be with me. So for now I need to let it process everything. Give it some time. All of this is still fresh, so I just need some time.”

 

Momo nodded and showed a half smile, “I know.”

 

Sana reached her hand out to the girl’s cheek and looked at her, “Don’t think that I don’t love you as much or anything, this is my own self-reflection time, it has nothing to do with lessened feelings for you. It has been so long and I still never fell out of love with you, a little more time won’t make it happen.”

 

Momo nodded, “Can I ask you another thing?”

 

She earned a nod from Sana.

 

“Aside from the self-refection, is there anything else that’s holding you back?”

 

Sana sighed a bit, “Yes, there is. I have my own doubts about myself as well. I feel like I’m not really good enough to be with you sometimes.”

 

“But San-“

 

“No, I mean when I think about it, I caused you a lot of trouble. With Mark, with your ankle, and sometimes I feel like I can’t even compare to Mina. She’s perfect. I hate admitting it but its true.”

 

“Sana,” Momo reached down and grabbed her hand. “I would protect you any day, from Mark or any other guy, that isn’t troubling to me. My ankle I don’t care, I wanted to make a goal for you and I did, do you know how happy I felt to see you smile like that, to finally do something to show you that I care, and with Mina, she is perfect, but I don’t want that, I realized I want you, and I want every imperfection that comes with you. So please try to remember everything I’m telling you today. Stop the doubting and come to me soon, I’ll have my heart ready to give you in exchange for yours.”

 

Sana smiled, “Thank you for all the things you said to me today. It honestly will help me a lot while I’m trying to solve my own thoughts and feelings.”

 

Momo nodded, “Of course, I’m in love with you, it’s the least I can do to ease your mind about anything.”

 

The two sat for a bit in silence, until Momo broke it. “So do you still want to continue the day to ourselves? Or do you want me to take you home now?”

 

Sana thought for a bit and smiled. “Let’s continue our day.” She stood up grabbing Momo’s crutches to hand to her.

 

 

Back at school, Mina was wandering around the school, hoping that Sana and Momo would resolve anything they needed to. She was really hopeful that the two would finally talk about their feelings and finally get together.

 

Seeing them trying to work things out made her gain enough courage to do the things that she wanted to do as well.

 

She walked to the cafeteria to the table where she usually sat and walked to Jeongyeon, earning her attention.

 

“Hey Jeong, can I talk to you for a sec?”

 

“Hey, sure thing. Is everything okay?” Jeongyeon was worried.

 

Mina nodded and lead the way outside to somewhere private.

 

“So there has been a lot of stuff going on lately, and I’ve been thinking a lot too. I decided that it’s finally time for me to let you go.”

 

“Min-“

 

“Wait let me finish. It honestly wasn’t right for me to hold you to something like that. As much as our fathers want us to take over the business together. I know your hearts with someone else. So I’m letting you go.”

 

Jeongyeon stood silently for a bit, then leaned forward hugging Mina tightly, “Thank you Mina. You know I always cared about you dearly, and I would never want to do anything to hurt you.”

 

Mina nodded, “I know,” She patted Jeongyeon’s back, “Which is why I need to stop hurting you by keeping you with me, expecting you to return a love that isn’t possible.”

 

Jeongyeon pulled away holding onto Mina’s arms, “Are you sure you’re going to be o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter