The Bento Box

Just Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR POV

 

Once classes were over Sana found Momo leaning against her locker. They greeted each other with a playful bantering and then held hands walking to the cafeteria.

 

All of it was starting to feel too real to Sana and she had to keep reminding herself that it was all just pretend.

 

She greeted the table warmly when she sat down and Momo took the place next to her. She knew Momo was excited for the bento box and didn’t hesitate taking it out revealing what she did for her.

 

 

Momo smiled, “Ah thank you sweetheart. This is super cute, but not as cute as you!” She kissed Sana’s cheek taking the chopsticks.

 

“Your girlfriend makes you lunches? That’s really sweet.” One of the cheerleaders, Tzuyu asked.

 

 

Momo nodded wrapping an arm around Sana pulling her close, “Yup, told you I am the lucky one!”

 

“Wow, you really got yourself a good one there Hirai.” Jeongyeon smiled at Sana.

 

Sana shrugged it off and shook her head, “Ah I’m really not, but thank you. I just know Momo has soccer practices so she needs a lot of energy. That’s why I made it for her.”

 

Sana was taking out her bento box and took the lid off when she saw a hand reach for her box and then the next moment she heard it crash along the floor spilling her food all over.

 

Not knowing how to process things, the cafeteria fell silent and Sana turned to look at who would do such a thing to her.

 

She looked at the face and then wasn’t surprised. It was Mark Tuan. A boy that she endlessly rejected all the time.

 

Everyone was still quiet and analyzing the scene, until Mark spoke. “You reject me? All this time I thought it was because you wanted to focus on your studies. Yet here you are accepting to date her.” He looked at Momo with a dissatisfied look on his face.

 

“I-” Sana tried to speak but got cut off.

 

“And not only that, I am the CAPTAIN of the basketball team, any girl would have been lucky that I want to go out with them, and you reject me for her, not even a captain, a co-captain.”

 

He scoffed, “Do you know how many times it was embarrassing to have people talk about the fact that I got rejected by someone like you? Well guess what! I have news for you, I didn’t really like you anyways I was just trying to get into your pants.”

 

Sana swallowed hard. She looked at the bento box on the floor with rice and the rolled eggs splattered all over the floor. Everyone was looking at them, she was aware of that and she wanted to cry.

 

She tried to muster out some words when she felt Momo’s hand come off of her shoulder. In a second she saw Momo gripping the guy’s shirt looking him dead in the eyes.

 

“Don’t you ever talk about her that way! I don’t care if you’re captain of the basketball team or what! You do not get to talk and treat my girlfriend that way. Or any

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter