Festival Part 2

Just Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR POV

 

They walked through the festival together hand in hand, enjoying each other’s company. Momo took note of all the guys that passed by looking at Sana as if she were a dessert dish or something, and she would be lying if she said it didn’t annoy her when guys eyed her best friend that way.

 

The feeling made her hold onto the hand harder, as if the harder she held the less people would look at Sana that way.  

 

Sana feeling her hand pressure tighten finally joked, “Momo I understand you don’t want me to get lost, but if you hold my hand any harder it’s gonna break.”

 

Momo looked away from the guy she was currently glaring at and turned to Sana, “Huh? Oh.” She loosened the grip. “These gross guys just keep looking at you and I don’t know it just makes me uncomfortable, because they are probably looking at your skin. See why I don’t want you revealing too much? As a best friend now it is my job to have to protect you from the stares.”

 

“Momo…” Sana laughed, “It’s not like they are touching me, they are just looking.”

 

“But it’s like they’re undressing you with their eyes!” Momo immediately protested.

 

“Momo!” The girl laughed. “You’re suddenly so protective.” Sana rolled her eyes, “You never really took notice before.”

 

“Well, I—I” Momo was stuttering again, and she couldn’t think of why she was indeed suddenly so protective.

 

“Cat got your tongue?” Sana laughed at Momo who just left open without saying anything.

 

Shaken from her thoughts, Momo validated her reasons. “I’m your best friend Sana! I don’t want guys drooling all over you just because your stomach is showing…” Momo was getting more bothered. “You know what, nope no more stares! Here.” Momo untied the red plaid shirt that she had wrapped around her waist.

 

“Yah, what are you doing?” Sana laughed at her friend for being dramatic and  shook her head. “Momo seriously?”

 

Momo was indeed serious, “I mean it Minatozaki. I won’t be able to have my attention on us if guys keep checking you out!” She turned Sana towards her and wrapped her shirt around her waist covering the visible skin.

 

Sana stayed quiet watching her best friend’s childish actions, instead she just chuckled knowing that she was making a big deal out of nothing.

 

“There!” Momo let out a cheeky grin, “Let’s see what they have to stare at now.”

 

Please with her “work” she slid her hand back into Sana’s. “You’re a really protective best friend you know that?” Sana looked at the shirt that was tied in order to cover her stomach.

 

“Aren’t all best friends?” Momo retorted back.

 

“Yeah but—“ Sana’s words were interrupted by a voice shouting for them in the distance.

 

“Hirai and Sana what a coincidence!” They both turned to see Jeongyeon and Mina smiling at them, holding hands walking towards them.

 

“How crazy is this?” Mina smiled greeting the two.

 

Sana felt Momo’s grip loosen, and she wished that she wasn’t bothered by it. “Oh wow! It is crazy, haha.” Momo replied.

 

“So what are you two planning on doing?” Jeongyeon asked.

 

“Probably just walking around and whatever we feel like.” Momo chuckled ruffling her own hair a bit. “Don’t really have a plan. Just going with what we feel.”

 

“Oh if you guys want you should join us. We are going to meet a couple other people.” Mina offered.

 

Sana looked at Momo who looked back at her, she knew Momo probably wanted to join them because it was Mina offering after all, deciding to answer for her, because the girl was probably too excited, she nodded her head, “Um, sure—“

 

“Actually,” Momo cut her off, tightening her hold on Sana’s hand again. “I think we are just going to walk around together for a while, thank you for the offer though.” She smiled, “Maybe we can meet up after or something?”

 

Jeongyeon patted Momo’s shoulder, “For sure Hirai, have fun!” Jeongyeon pulled Mina and continued to walk ahead.

 

Sana who was puzzled on why Momo would reject the offer stood there and looked at her.

 

Momo sighed, “I know what you’re thinking? Momo rejecting Mina’s offer, what!?” Sana laughed at Momo imitating her voice. “But like I said today is Sana’s day.”

 

Sana felt herself smile, unable to help it from showing. “Ah so that’s why. Well thank you.”

 

Momo nodded, “It’s no biggie.”

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

They continued on with the festival, stopping at the food stalls so Momo could eat to her hearts content. They fed each other and bickered with each other. If people didn’t know they would have really thought that the two were something real.

 

But the truth was they were best friends. They were used to the banters, followed by sweet gestures.

 

While walking Sana stopped to look at the people who were enjoying their time flying kites together. Most of them were couples and she wanted to be able to do that with someone. She envied them. She watched them laugh together, some of them struggling to get the kite in the air, and others doing it effortlessly.

 

I wonder if Momo would be any good at flying one.

 

She chuckled to herself at the thought, probably not.

 

After Momo finished her food

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter