Made it for You

Just Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR POV

 

I made it for you.

 

Momo’s vision of Sana’s smile was stopped when her teammates came and huddled her into a group hug.

 

“HI-RA-I!”

 

“HI-RA-I!”

 

The sound of the whistle went off from the referee indicating that the game was over and that her team had won.

 

Her teammates lifted her throwing her up in excitement, the crowd was following along with the cheers, but Momo’s eyes were fixed onto one person.

 

She looked at Sana who still had a bright smile across her face and felt her heart banging against her chest in excitement. Each of Sana’s little chuckles that Momo saw while looking at her, made her heart fluster more and more.

 

While she was being too busy looking at Sana her teammates were lowering her back down to the floor, catching her off guard, she groaned in pain when the floor made contact with her left ankle.

 

“Agh!” She fell over from her right ankle not being able to support her weight anymore.

 

“Hirai!” The teammates remembered her injury.

 

She couldn’t focus on anything anymore but the pain that returned to her ankle. Seeing Sana smile so brightly was only able to save her from the excruciating pain for only a short amount of time.

 

It being too much for her she fell onto her side her vision going in and out.

 

 

Momo slowly opened her eyes and blinked heavily for a while, she saw a figure to her side when she looked at them.

 

“Where am I?” She asked clearly confused because the last thing she remembered was the soccer field.

 

“You’re at the hospital.” The nurse replied to her.

 

When she tried to sit up she saw her ankle bandaged and then an ankle brace was around it. She looked at it trying to move it a bit when she groaned in pain, “Oww..”

 

The nurse patted her shoulder, “It’s best if you don’t try to move it right now. The doctor will be in to explain everything to you. He’s explaining to your mother right now.”

 

Momo nodded.

 

“Oh! You have a visitor by the way!” The nurse remembered, “Is it okay if I let them in?”
 

She felt her heart starting to race, and she nodded.  

 

She bit her lips in anticipation when a familiar figure came through the door.

 

“Sana…” She let out a sigh of relief. She was happy that it was actually the girl and not anyone else.

 

“Hey there Momo Chan.” The girl chuckled softly at the doorway, “Can I come in.”

 

Momo nodded, “Of course.”

 

Sana smiled a bit and took the seat next to Momo’s bedside.

 

“Um, how are you feeling.” Sana decided to ask because she couldn’t take the silence along with Momo just staring at her anymore.

 

“I’m better now that you’re here.” Momo catching the other off guard smiled at her.

 

Sana looked at Momo’s injured ankle and felt the guilt rise in her stomach again. She flashed back to the moment it happened, and she swallowed hard.

 

“Um…”

 

Momo was quiet looking at Sana. “What is it?”

 

“I want to apologize.” Sana mumbled looking down. “I feel like it’s my fault you injured yourself. I was distracted for a little bit and because of that…I could have…I could have missed the goal you were trying to make for me.” She was fidgeting around in her chair unable to keep still.

 

Momo who just looked at the girl looking down smiled a bit.

 

She reached out her hand and ruffled her hair.

 

Sana slowly looked up, finally facing Momo.

 

“It’s okay. You still saw the final goal. So I’m happy for that.”

 

Sana nodded a bit, she took Momo’s hand that was ruffling her hair, and she held it with he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter