Coffee

Just Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR POV

 

After classes, everyone was finally going to their designated practices. Sana was a bit concerned with going and as much as she wanted to ditch it, a part of herself couldn’t and restrained her from doing so. She was never really the type to ditch anything, she was a good kid when it came down to school and everything. But she didn’t want to deal with it. She didn’t want to deal with all the eyes, all the looks, all the whispers, all the questions. She just wished that it could be done and over with and that there was no such thing called an “aftermath” after a break up. The sad part was, she had to deal with it as if their relationship together was real, and that’s what bothered her.

 

She tied her hair into a high ponytail trying to get rid of her negative thoughts, trying to forget about what happened at lunch and how Momo already so quickly moved on to being alone with Mina.

 

She was becoming annoyed, the more she thought about the situation the more she became mad, the more she thought about Momo and Mina, the more it left a distasteful feeling in her heart.

 

She ended up slamming her locker, unconsciously without realizing it, startling the people next to her, she bowed in apology.

 

She walked outside the locker. She didn’t want to associate herself with Momo or Mina at all for now. For now, she would just stay away, that’s what would be best.

 

 She nodded her head taking a deep exhale, she would keep it to a minimal with Mina.

 

“Sana!”

 

So much for Minimal. Sana turned around to be greeted by her cheerleader friend. She smiled seeing her come up to her. They were friends after all now, so it wasn’t like Sana was completely upset or anything. In fact, she wasn’t really upset at the girl at all. She wanted to be. But seeing her now, she had nothing to do with it. She didn’t intentionally do it to her, so why should Sana get to be mad at Mina when the latter did nothing wrong.

 

“Hey Mina.” She smiled a bit.

 

Mina smiled back and hugged the girl, despite knowing that she may resent her due to the circumstances that Momo had put her though. But she didn’t want that to be the factor in what made her friendship with Sana crumble. She still really liked Sana, and Momo as well. The information she had heard today was interesting but it was too late, she already held the two very close to her heart.

 

“I, um…heard about what happened. How are you doing?” Mina unsure of whether not it was a good idea to ask or not decided to just ask the girl. Despite her knowing that it was all fake, she knew something for a fact, and that was the fact that Sana’s feelings never were fake.

 

Sana sighed, “I’ve been better, but we are still friends so I’m okay. Sometimes that’s always better some times for some people.”

 

Mina nodded, “But that some people, isn’t you and Momo. You guys love each other.” Mina wanted to get a reaction out of Sana.

 

“Yeah, but sadly only one of us loved the other more…” Sana was mumbling while looking away, but Mina heard it all.

 

“What was that?” Mina decided to play dumb.

 

“Hmm? Nothing. I’m okay though. Thank you Mina.” Sana smiled. This was the reason she could never be mad at the girl. Mina was too kind, and that’s what they had in common. Mina didn’t have to ask Sana how she felt or how she was doing, she could have became awkward, Sana honestly thought she was going to be that way because it seemed as if lately she was closer to Momo anyways, but she wasn’t. She was still the same old Mina who still treated her with kindness.

 

Mina noticed Sana was lost in thought when she patted her back, “If you ever need to talk, you can count on me.” Her smile was enough to reassure Sana.

 

Sana smiled and nodded, “Thank you, you’re really so nice Mina.”

 

When they got to their cheerleading practice, the coach called them to line up.

 

“Okay, so because the big game is tomorrow for the soccer players, and you guys will be there cheering for them, I decided to let you all have today off from practice to do as you please.”

 

The girls were all whispers in “Yes!” and “Thank god!” , when the coach hushed them.

 

“So that means you better be ready and give it your all tomorrow at the game. Those players need your cheers for a boost!”

 

The girls all shouted and then was dismissed.

 

“Did you want to go watch the soccer players practice? Or will that be too hard for you?” Mina turned to Sana sincerely concerned about her, and the latter found that really sweet.

 

Well, technically Momo and I are still friends so…

 

Sana snapped herself from her thoughts. “I don’t mind, we’re still friends remember.” Sana faked a smile that she tried to put over the hurt she felt, but Mina saw right through it.

 

She decided to pretend she didn’t notice and kept mum.

 

 

When they got to the soccer field, they sat at one of the benches and watched the players do their drills.

 

Min

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter