Bittersweet

Just Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR POV

 

After the hug between the two that caused a spark to both of their hearts. Momo pulled away a bit, conflicted with what she was doing again. They stood there a bit awkwardly, not sure of what to say after a hug that had been a bit more intimate than expected.

 

Maybe I shouldn’t have done that… Momo thought to herself.

 

She looked at her best friend who wouldn’t look her in the eye, but that didn’t stop her from observing Sana. This time she was looking at her in a slightly different light.  

 

Sana looked up for a quick second and gave her a half smile, then she looked away at something else, this quickened the pace of Momo’s heart a bit, and this was the first time she admitted to herself that it was because of her feelings for Sana, and not some other excuse.

 

“Momo, you’re staring.” Sana said in a half laugh. She had been feeling nervous again, as much as Sana wanted to deny her heart of feeling any flutters from anything Momo did, she always failed. This time Momo made her heart flutter and more, but even that was indescribable to Sana, she just knew that she couldn’t look Momo in the eyes.

 

“I know.” Momo bluntly stated again, shocking both herself as well as the other girl.

 

After Momo realized how straightforward she was being she cleared . “Ahem, I mean. I know I am, but it’s just because I feel as if…uh…lately we haven’t really been around each other.”

 

Sana nodded, and laughed. “You know Momo. Technically it’s only been like a day or so.”

 

“Yeah, but still. I like seeing you around.” Momo was unable to control from slipping out bits of the truth.

 

Sana pursed her lips, she knows that Momo always cared about her and was close to her, but sometimes the way her voice sounded so sincere when she said certain things was enough to fluster her.

 

“Ah, well now you can see me today.” Sana smiled, then pointed at the grocery bag. “I brought some stuff to make you some soup.”

 

Momo smiled widely at the sound of food being mentioned. “What really?!”

 

Sana chuckled, a little dumbfounded. “Momo, what did you think I meant when I said I was here to take care of you?”

 

Momo shrugged, “I don’t know, I didn’t think you were gonna cook or anything.”

 

Sana nodded, and pointed to the kitchen, “Do you mind if I, you know, go in there to cook?”

 

Momo nodded, “Of course. This is like your home too, so you don’t even have to ask. You used to be around all the time before, remember?”

 

Sana nodded, grabbing the grocery bag and walked toward the kitchen. “Obviously I remember. If anything I’m surprised you remember.” Sana stuck her tongue out at the other making Momo chuckle.

 

“Well, it’s because it’s you Sana, why wouldn’t I?” Momo replied back.

 

Sana looked up from pulling items out the grocery bag and looked at Momo. For the first time, Momo said it was because of her, and not the fact that they were best friends. She swallowed hard.

 

Okay, she really is sick. Something feel different. Sana thought to herself.

 

“Did you take medicine yet?” Sana looked at Momo who plopped onto one of the chairs she pulled towards the kitchen.

 

Momo looked away from Sana, and mumbled something Sana couldn’t hear.

 

“What was that?” Sana moved closer.

 

“No I haven’t taken them yet.” Momo pouted.

 

Sana went to the medicine cabinet and pulled out the meds Momo needed to take, walking to the pouting girl she handed it to her along with a bottle of water, “Take them if you want to be better by the soccer tournaments.”

 

Momo nodded immediately and like an obedient child she took them without complaining.

 

“Are you gonna cheer for me? During the competitions?” Momo asked.

 

This made Sana shoot an unimpressed look at the girl, “Well, thanks to you I became a cheerleader so who else am I going to cheer for? The other team?”

 

“I was just making sure. Make sure you shout my name loud enough so I can hear.” Momo teased the other girl.

 

Sana laughed, “I’ll do my best if you do your best.” She pulled out the vegetables from the bag.

 

Momo smiled and nodded, “I’ll do better than that. I’ll make a goal too. And if I…” She started to mumble then cleared , “Ahem, If I make one, it was for you.”

 

Sana looked up again, Momo’s words stopping her from what she was doing. “Momo are you okay? You seem a bit different today? Is it because your sick?”

 

Momo nodded, “I’m fine. Can’t I make a goal for you?”

 

“Okay. That’s fine, but I would have thought you would have wanted to make it for Mina. Pretending that the goal is her heart and all.”

 

Momo kept quiet. Of course that was what she would have done before, but this time she wanted to make it for Sana. But she still kept mum, she didn’t want to spill any more than she already has.

 

Ever since she admitted on having slight feeling towards her best friend it was like her mind no longer had a filter, and this is what she was afraid of.

 

Momo shook her thoughts off, she shouldn’t get too deep into thought. She looked back up and watched Sana tie her hair up, and it surprisingly made dry.

 

“Go wait and watch some tv or something. You’ll make me nervous if you just watch me. I’ll bring you the soup when it’s done.” Sana stated while chopping the vegetables.

 

Momo nodded, listening to the other, and left her to cook.

 

 

The soup was cooking, and it was starting to fill the house with a delicious aroma that made Momo’s tummy grumble.

 

She sat in the living room patiently wrapped in one of her blankets when, she saw Sana coming out from the kitchen with a tray and her soup

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter