Caught

Just Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR POV

 

After classes everyone went to their extra-curricular activities whether that being sports or clubs.

 

After getting changed, Momo ran to the soccer field, this was the first time in her whole life of playing soccer that she wasn’t looking forward to practice.  Soccer was something she always looked forward too. Even when she was sick, she never wanted to miss practice. It was her sense of relief when she was feeling stressed or sad, and now for the first time ever she wished that she could just skip practice and go somewhere else. She didn’t want to face her punishment.

 

While running to the field she kept thinking about what she had done at lunch, about what came over her. She’s never the type to go to that extent. Usually she just shrugs the haters off or doesn’t get herself involved with business that isn’t hers.  But this time she got herself into trouble.

 

She found a seat on one of the benches and continued to ponder in her thoughts. But technically because Sana and her have been best friends since childhood, anything with Sana does kind of involve her.

 

Maybe that was it, the reason she involved herself was because it was Sana, she was taking care of her best friend. But she couldn’t help but think on why she got so triggered, it was definitely just her being a protective best friend. Anyone would feel that way. Right?

 

She remembered Marks words,

 

“You reject me.” 

 

“Do you know how many times it was embarrassing to have people talk about the fact that I got rejected by someone like you?”

 

“I was just trying to get into your pants.”

 

She unconsciously curled her fist together, clenching them tightly.

 

When did Sana even get asked out by that guy? How many times? And why did Sana never tell her?

 

Why was she feeling so bothered by it? It was probably just because of the fact that because they were best friends she figured that something that big would be something Sana would have mentioned to her.

 

She finally made sense of it all, validating why she felt the way she did. Everything she was feeling was just because they were best friends.

 

Her thoughts went back to soccer; the coach was probably going to bench her after what happened in the cafeteria that afternoon.

 

She saw her coach and ran up to he when he called her over. “Hirai Momo, what to do with you? You’re a good kid, what happened this afternoon?” He genuinely asked her, because he knew Momo wasn’t one to get into trouble.

 

“He was being a jerk.” She retorted back to him.

 

“But you can’t just go punching him like some animal, would you do that if it was the soccer field against another soccer player? Players will say things to you all the time, and you can’t just take it out by punching them, that would get your team disqualified would you want that?”

 

Momo shook her head. “No I wouldn’t want that. But in all fairness, he did punch me first.”

 

“That is a good point but it still doesn’t make up for the scene you two caused.”

 

Momo nodded, “I know.”

 

“And because of that, for practice today, you have to run laps until practice is over.”

 

Momo looked at the coach, “LAPS ALL DAY! BUT COACH IT’S HOT!”  

 

“Good you’ll think about your actions before you do them next time then.” The coach blew the whistle. “Dismissed Hirai!”

 

Momo let out an internal groan and headed to do her laps.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sana came out of the locker rooms, talking with some of the cheerleaders. Some of them were t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter