Two

The C.E.O
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

For the past year, I had been taking care of Mr. Kwon. Even though I was only his personal assistant, he became family. I had spent my time in his house after work taking care of his needs. He would always scold me that he didn't need my assistance since his nurse that was looking after him would take care of everything.

 

My stubborn self wouldn't take no for an answer. He would just roll out his eyes at me and that usually made me smile into a cheeky grin to annoy him. I knew that the old man loved that I cared for him. He just didn't show it. He had helped me so much and this was my way of giving everything back. It was the least I could do to help him out of his misery.

 

I knew his health was deteriorating and he never mentioned about calling his family over. I tried to convince him to contact them but he just brushed me off every time I suggested it. It was as if he didn't want to hear any of it. I remembered he told me that he had not contacted them for years. He had a son who was living with his ex-wife back in England. Son Tae Young or Mrs. Kwon was his wife until she left him around 20 years ago; accusing Mr. Kwon that he was a workaholic. It was true though, he had an empire to run. He was too immersed in working his off that he didn't have time for his family anymore which resulted to a gap that made them more detach from one another. Sooner or later, Mrs. Kwon couldn't handle his way of life which made her pack her bags and leave with their only son, Kwon Jiyong.

 

"Come on, Mr. Kwon. Why wouldn't you let me contact your family? They need to know." I begged. I tried my best to persuade him into giving them a call.

 

"I already told you. They don't care about me anymore so just drop it." He muttered in annoyance.

 

Instead of arguing with him, my face softened as I tried to understand why he was beating himself when in fact he didn't even know if it was true.

 

"I don't believe that." I whispered. "I could feel that she still cares for you. You just have to reach out and try."

 

"I can't let them know. If I get better then I would give them a call. Does that sound good enough?"

 

I shook my head in defeat. I knew I was getting nothing out of this argument. He was too stubborn for his own good. "Alright, you win. But I'm not letting go of this conversation."

 

He just gave me a weak grin and let the conversation drop. "Okay, time for bed old man. I'll be back tomorrow and annoy you with my caring ways." I gave him a smirk as I kissed him lightly on his forehead. I knew that it irked him but he secretly loved it.

 

Mr. Kwon was diagnosed with a rare type of heart disease last year. He never thought that the pain he experienced on his chest was that serious until I forced him to get an appointment with the doctor. We found out that his heart was weakening. If he kept working and stressing himself out then it was not good for him. He could eventually die.

 

I was scared for him, like really scared.

 

After he found out about his condition, he took it as if nothing was wrong with him. I was afraid to see that it clearly didn't affect him. He still forced himself to show up to work and busied himself managing everything. I tried warning him about his heart but he would just dismiss me from his office. He never wanted to hear any of it but I was too persistent.

 

"Sandara, I'm fine." He shot back for like the hundredth time that day. I made him take his medication as I kept asking him if he was feeling okay. I couldn't help it. I care for the man like he was my father. I didn't want to lose him.

 

"You're not. I know I'm not your biological daughter but I don't wan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter