Fifteen

The C.E.O
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

We finally reached Seungri's house after getting back home, changing into a midnight blue dress. I paired it with a light yellow cardigan and thick stockings to keep me warm for later. Jiyong had also changed into some dress pants that he paired with a burgundy long sleeved shirt and a black tie. He looked deliciously striking as usual.

 

Borrowing Mr. Chun's car, we had to drive over to Seungri's since the weather was getting colder throughout the night. It had also been a long day for us. My feet were already tired and I certainly had put up an appetite for Seungri's cooking.

 

We stood in front of Seungri's house, pressing the doorbell to let them know that we had arrived. Byul opened the door after a minute, holding Sowon in her arms. "Hey Byul, hi Sowon baby." I cooed, pinching her chubby cheeks. She just giggled at my attempt to squish her face.

 

"Hey guys, everyone is already out back. I'm just going to settle Sowon down." Byul beamed as she signaled us to come in.

 

The Lee's house was a typical suburban home. Walls were cream colored and were accented with dark walnut wood furniture. Picture frames from different years hung on one side of the wall. I had a picture up with Seungri during prom night and a few others with his family during the holidays. It felt really homey since this was where I stayed most of my days in high school. A few things had changed ever since Dongwook moved out from this house. Then a few years later, Seungri had left with me to Seoul.

 

Although tonight, everyone was here and I could feel the life that once surrounded this house again.

 

When we got out to the backyard, a fire was lit at the center. Picnic tables surrounded the campfire to keep us warm during dinner. I couldn't believe they were doing a BBQ in this fall weather. To my right, Hunter was manning the grill. Mr. Lee was sitting by the fire enjoying a bottle of beer while Mrs. Lee displayed some plates and utensils on an empty table. Seungri was nowhere in sight, probably in the kitchen.

 

"You guys made it!" Mrs. Lee beamed when she saw us walk out the back porch.

 

"Coming through," Seungri emerged from the back, holding a huge plate of raw meat. He smiled at us then called out Jiyong's attention. Placing the meat aside, he approached him. I saw Jiyong smiled sheepishly at Seungri as they exchanged a few words. Was there some secret why-is-everyone-friends-with-Jiyong cult? I couldn't recall them being friendly with one another.

 

My brows were creased as I approached them, "I guess ignoring your best friend for a guy is okay."

 

"I'm not trying to hit on your boyfriend. Chill!" He laughed, ignoring my annoyed expression.

 

"What?" I choked on my saliva. Jiyong chuckled lightly. I glared at them both, getting flustered on Jiyong being called my boyfriend. That was an absurd notion. Looking at them both, they shared something that I had no knowledge about.

 

Did Jiyong find out?

 

"The food awaits your arrival." Seungri began to drag me to the tables.

 

The inkling I had died down when Seungri presented me a fresh plate of grilled steak. Dinner was enjoyable especially with everyone here tonight. The grown-ups were talking about current events from the news that they had recently watched while the boys, Dongwook, Seungri and Jiyong, were mindlessly chatting away at one corner with a cold beer in their hands.

 

I was observing Jiyong. He was relatively getting along with the Lee brothers. It just didn't add up for me.

 

"He's a catch, isn't he?" Byul chirped from beside me.

 

"What are you talking about?" I turned to Byul, focusing my attention to her.

 

She grinned, "I'm talking about Jiyong." Her eyes gleamed with excitement for the latest gossip which unfortunately revolved around me.

 

"Oh no, it's not like that. I just work for him." I defended.

 

"You're not together?" She asked shock evident on her face. I shook my head to confirm. Looking back to where Jiyong stood, our eyes unexpected locked together. He gave me a lopsided smile then turned his attention back to Dongwook.

 

"Then why is he here?" Byul prodded.

 

"I honestly don't know." I answered her truthfully.

 

She nodded then added, "He likes you if he came all the way just to see you."

 

"Don't be ridiculous." I waved her off, wanting to stop conversation.

 

She was about to say more when Mrs. Lee interrupted us. "Byul honey, can you please serve the pecan pie. It's in the fridge."

 

"I'll do it." I volunteered, smiling as I sauntered off to the kitchen. Honestly, I just wanted to escape playing 20 questions with Byul.

 

I made my way to their vast kitchen. This was probably the biggest area in this whole house. Mrs. Lee and Seungri loved to cook and bake together. I pulled out the pecan pie from the fridge and placed it on the counter, rummaging through the drawers to find a knife. When I found what I was looking for, I began to cut through the pie into triangles.

 

"Dara."

 

I turned my head and saw Jiyong standing by the doorway. "Hey, do you want a slice?" I offered, reaching out for a plate so I could transfer a slice of pie.

 

"Maybe later," he took a few steps forward until his musky scent wafted my sense of smell. "Your friend can be a bit overwhelming."

 

"And you're here to escape." I arched an eyebrow, amused.

 

He chuckled, "Kind of."

 

I giggled at his discomfort. Seungri could sometimes be a little too much. He really enjoyed talking a lot especially when he already had something to drink which I didn't mind that much. It was fascinating to see him ramble with the way he would tell a story. It may be random or pointless but it would end up with me laughing anyway.

 

"And I was actually looking for you." He breathed.

 

My heart skipped a beat as the words left his mouth. These feelings had been hitting me like the crashing waves. I never knew a few hours could unrave

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter