Sixteen

The C.E.O
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

December first - The cold weather had gotten worse in daylight. I had a thick jacket on and a scarf that was wrapped warmly around my neck. Anytime soon, snow would be falling all throughout Seoul. I was eager for the first snowfall of the season.

 

Stepping into the building early Monday morning, the atmosphere inside the office had drastically changed. It seemed that the place was livelier than usual. I could smell the pine scent that was sprayed across the room by the custodian. Everything just felt weirdly welcoming.

 

My office had glass walls. Everyone that would pass through from the elevator, I would see. Jiyong sauntered into the lobby and stopped at my doorway. He was wearing a crisp dark grey suit and his hair was tamely brushed up to uphold his professional look. My hands twitched from under the table, tempted to ruffle his hair.

 

"Good morning, Dara." His lips lifted up to a smile then just walked off to his office. It was unusual that he had walked in and greeted me this morning. He never did that. Usually, he would only step foot into my office if he was running late or when he needed something. Straight to the point with a bored look on his face then went on his way.

 

 A smile slowly tugged my lips. It was going to be a good week, I thought positively.

 

And it was.

 

By Friday, I finished up some reports when all of a sudden my office phone rang.

 

"Hello, Mr. Kwon's office. This is Sandara speaking." I said in a clipped tone.

 

"Dara," Jiyong chimed on the other line. "I need you in my office now."

 

He then hung up. I strode to his office, wondering what he needed me for. Jiyong only called solely when he needed coffee or that he wanted some documents photocopied. As I entered, he leaned against his desk. It was as if he waited for me to enter. I suddenly felt nervous, now that I was in a confined space with him.

 

"Hey," I gave him a smile as I entered.

 

"Take a seat." He guided his hand to the chair that was in front of him. I gulped as I walked towards him. The distance grew shorter, my heart pounded aggressively against my chest. I sat down rather uncomfortably as he stood gloriously in front of me.

 

Looking up, I met his smoldering gaze while I unconsciously bit my lower lip. The way his eyes went dark, filled with desire had caught me by surprise. I gasped inaudibly as he kept eye contact.

 

He sliced the unnerving silence, "I already told you, I won't hold back."

 

"Hold back what?" I asked innocently.

 

He narrowed his eyes at me. Defeated, he shut his eyes and took a deep breath. When it took him a while to speak, I spoke up. "What did you need?"

 

"Tomorrow," he muttered, opening his hazel eyes and smiled lazily.

 

What was happening tomorrow?

 

...Oh.

 

The date, it was tomorrow.

 

It made me anxious. It was not that I was nervous around Jiyong. The fact that he had called it a date made it somewhat official between us. Did that mean that we were dating?

 

I didn't think so, I thought.

 

"Tomorrow," I repeated quietly.

 

"I'm picking you up at three in the afternoon, reminding you again that you have to wear something comfortable." His tone was unyielding. I mentally rolled my eyes at his overbearingness.

 

Curiosity got the best of me as I realized that I had no idea where he was going to take me. "Where are you taking me anyway?"

 

He smirked, "Now why would I tell you? You told me that I should surprise you."

 

"Right," I grumbled.

 

Jiyong darted to his chair and sat down. He opened one of his drawers and fished out a white folder. "And another thing, you should check this," handing the documents to me.

 

I reached out to get the folder from his grasp and carefully opened it to see the content. It was a feasibility study as regards to putting up one of the Kwon Corporation hotels in London. There was also an envelope that had my name written on it. Carefully opening the small envelope, I slipped out the paper that was inside. I let out a breath of relief when it wasn't a written check. But then again, I had to do a double take because the piece of paper that I held was a round ticket to London.

 

My head snapped up to look at Jiyong. "What's this?" I asked in alarm. Mr. Kwon never took me to any of his business trips since he needed me to keep the office intact when he was away. The only time that he took me with him was when Kwon Hotel held a function for the company. This was new to me and I didn't think it would be appropriate for me to go.

 

"Obviously, a round ticket to London," he playfully smart mouthed me.

 

Scowling, "I know that. But why do I have to go?"

 

A smug expression crossed his facial features, "You're coming with me of course. If I would be working during the holidays, so are you."

 

"What?" I heard him the first time but this was just unbelievable! I had planned for my leave so I could spend Christmas with my family. I hadn't made it last year since I was so busy taking care of Mr. Kwon. He was weak and fragile at that time and he didn't have anyone. I had decided to spend it with him which delighted him greatly. He had felt guilty but I assured him that I wanted to be there. His nurse and everyone that worked at his house had helped me with the preparations to give him a happy Christmas.

 

He had been happy. His eyes sparkled which was so rare for me to be able to witness. It was already enough for me to see him content and with company during the holidays. But little did I know it was the last Christmas I got to spend with Mr. Kwon.

 

"Dara?" Jiyong waved a hand in front of me to get my attention.

 

"Huh?" My eyes blinked and turned my head to look at him.

 

"Are you okay

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter