Epilogue

The C.E.O
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Today was the big day.

 

I looked at myself in a full length mirror as I adored my floor length gown. It was a long sleeved dress that was made of lace. The lace had a floral pattern which was intricately designed with glittered embellishments to make it sparkle from afar. The dress fit comfortably as it flowed snugly onto my legs where I could still walk properly. From my waist down, the lace was then layered with soft tulle from the outside which made the dress look flowy and light. The tulle fabric puffed the dress up to proportion the fit on my body. The lace neckline was in a shape of a V that showed a bit of cleavage.

 

My neck was adorned with the personalized necklace that Jiyong had given me. Hugh was kind of skeptical when I told him that I wanted to wear it for the event. However, when he saw that it went quite well with the dress he gave it a go. My hair was tied into a messy low side bun with a dramatic side sweep over my right eye. Seungri then attached a mix of fresh white and light pink Ranunculus onto my hair to create a flower crown. Attached to the crown was my veil that flowed freely on my back down to the ground.

 

The make-up artist who was now working on my face gave me a fresh all-natural look. He worked on my eyes since he wanted to define and make my eye color pop. He then smeared a coral colored lipstick onto my lips then applied a bit of lip gloss to give it a glossy finish.

 

"All done!" He told me enthusiastically. I smiled gratefully and applauded his work. He definitely knew how to satisfy a client! The expected look that I wanted was beyond my expectations.

 

"You are phenomenal." I grinned as inspected my face on the mirror.

 

"Thank you." He gave me a curtsy and walked off to work on the others. I looked at myself again and never thought that I could look this pretty. What would Pierce think of my look? I giggled to myself as I couldn't wait to see his reaction.

 

"Dee!" Seungri squealed in delight as he entered the room. He sprinted towards me and halted abruptly in front of me. "I sure am a genius. You look gorgeous, babe."

 

I flushed as he commented on how I looked. He was the one and only designer of this magnificent dress that I was wearing right now. This was the last piece from Seungri's collection and he wanted me to wear it for this occasion. The dress was really special to him as he told me that it was his most favorite one since he was truly inspired by it. I felt completely honored wearing his creation.

 

Over the years, Seungri had made a name for himself in the fashion industry. He never expected that he would make it to the top. He was just that blessed with such talent. I couldn't be more proud of him. He had come a long way and it was nice to see him in his element.

 

"Five more minutes before show time!" A woman shouted from the entrance. She was the organizer for this event. Seungri then looked at me with a serious expression. He grabbed my cold hands as he took a deep breath.

 

"You remembered what to do, right?" He asked.

 

"Walk with poise and avoid letting my face fall flat onto the ground. Yes, I got it." I squeezed his hands to assure him that I could do this.

 

Seungri took a deep breath and released it. He closed his eyes and chanted something in a low voice that he could only understand. I gave him a puzzled look. He was more nervous than I was which earned a low chuckle from me. He opened his eyes and sighed.

 

"Not helping, Dee." He playfully glared at me as I gave him a grin.

 

"Seungri, it's going to be perfect."

 

"You know events like these make me a nervous wreck." He sighed to calm himself down.

 

I chuckled as I found Seungri's distress amusing. He didn't give himself enough credit that he had been doing a splendid job with his art. I patted his back and kissed him on the cheek to reassure him that I was fine. The dress was fine and that the event was definitely going perfectly.

 

This was it. It was show time.

 

I walked up to the end of the line when the girls started to take their places. I was the last to walk down the runway since I was the highlight of the event. As the girls went behind the curtain, I began to feel uneasy. A lot of people were waiting for me outside. What if something bad would happen? Or worse! What if he wasn't there to see me today?

 

I gulped as the girl in front of me went through the curtain. I was next. A girl with an earpiece who was standing by the curtain was the one telling them the signal that it was their turn. She was waiting for a 'go' signal from someone who was watching from the outside. When it was my turn, she turned her attention to me and smiled. "Good luck out there."

 

Her words just made me feel ten times worse. She then touched her earpiece as she listened to someone from the other line.

 

She nodded in response as if the other person who she was talking could see her. She now turned to me and smiled again. I was momentarily blinded when the curtain opened up completely. Bright lights met my sensitive eyes and it took a few seconds for me to adjust to my surroundings. I scanned the crowd and saw a lot of people. Their eyes were all on me. I inhaled as I took in everyone's gaze. This was definitely a bad idea!

 

The aisle was white and it was longer than expected. Just don't trip, Sandara. I chanted to myself as I started gliding through the floor since my dress was very long. It felt like walking on a cloud. My eyes had been darting everywhere that I forgot to look straight.

 

I looked up and there he was. Jiyong was standing in an upright posture with his right hand on his pocket while his other hand was focused on fixing his tie. JIyong then locked his gaze with mine when he saw me. I could see that he was stunned with what he was seeing. His mouth fell agape while he looked at me adoringly.

 

Our eyes were transfixed with one another. The crowd suddenly disappeared from my peripheral view. All I could make out was him standing in front of me. It was as if everything began to move in slow motion. I wanted to hurry my steps just to get near him but I had to stop and turn back around.

 

He then gave me a boyish smile and waved.

 

For a moment there, it felt like walking towards the altar. Jiyong was eagerly waiting to get to where he wanted me to be - beside him forever.

 

I forced myself to turn around because today wasn't my dream wedding. It was Seungri's ostentatious fashion show where he showcased his spring bridal collection. He had begged me a few months ago to be his model. He wanted me to wear his most important piece from his collection. Of course, I declined at first because I could never live up to be a perfect runway model. He told me that he didn't care. Seungri wanted me to represent his collection because he wanted it to look like a real bride was walking down the aisle to her husband-to-be.

 

Unfortunately, I wasn't married to Jiyong. Not yet. We wanted to wait until I had graduated from university which already occurred last year. But then, I got busy working with Seungri after graduation. We decided to open up our own business together. It was a small boutique that was located in Central Seoul. Seungri was in charge of designing and making the clothes as I was assigned to manage the shop and its finances. I got a degree from a business course after all. It worked well with us and in just a few months a lot of people were calling in to get an appointment. We never thought that we would be expanding in just a year. Now, Seungri had made a name into the fashion industry by word-of-mouth advertising from satisfied clients.

 

As for Daesung, he still modeled and sometimes Seungri would call him for a photoshoot to be made into posters that would be displayed in our store if he was in town. Sadly, they were no longer together. Their break-up wasn't messy like his last relationship. They decided upon mutual understanding that it was just not working out since Daesung had been traveling all over the world for modeling gigs. They couldn't handle the long distance thing which really saddened me. They were both willing to wait for each other but right now maybe the distance was for the better. They held onto a promise which Seungri intended to keep. We were still the best of friends. Nothing was ever going to change that.

 

It had been four years since Jiyong and I went back together. We had only been enjoying each other's company. When school started in the fall, I was forced to move out of my apartment. Jiyong wanted me closer and I couldn't agree more with him. I was busy with school and at the same time Jiyong was busy managing Kwon Corporation. It was a tough year at first but we'd made it. It amazed me that Jiyong really made great effort to take the time off from work to be together. He had been amazing to me. Every day was always special. He rarely showered me with flowers and presents but how he still managed to make my heart flutter with these simple acts of love were undeniably more gratifying.

 

I entered backstage and I could see Seungri was giddy as he watched me not embarrass myself in front of more or less a thousand people. "Oh Dee! You were a natural." He fanned himself trying to contain his excitement.

 

"Time for the finale. Now, go!" He pushed me towards the line of girls that were fast approaching the curtain exit. It was the last part of the show whereas everyone would walk in a straight line to showcase Seungri's collection. We did a U-turn and when I reached the end of the runway, Seungri emerged from the curtain and everyone applauded louder. He immediately grabbed my hand and gave me a playful twirl. I laughed when I tried my hardest not to trip over my dress. I looked over at Seungri and saw him really happy. I couldn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter