Eighteen

The C.E.O
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I came home late last night since Jiyong still wanted to take me to dinner. The day ended way too soon. He had walked me up to my building's entrance then gave me a lingering peck on the cheek. My face immediately flushed from the gesture. He bid me goodnight, like the gentleman he was, as he told me that he had a great time, hoping for a next time.

 

"You said one date." I countered.

 

He smirked, giving away that cute dimple. "I never said that I would stop asking." With that, he winked then proceeded to walk off to his car then left, his car disappearing into view.

 

I was now sprawled in my sheets, wide awake at eight on a Sunday morning, wondering if Seungri was already awake. I took a peak out the door to smell brewing coffee but there wasn't any. Seungri wasn't awake yet which was not usual since he was a morning person. Standing outside Seungri's bedroom, I tried to knock a few times. No one answered so I tried to turn the knob quietly to open the door to his room.

 

He was still sleeping as I entered stealthily. When I reached the end of his bed, I jumped onto Seungri's sleeping form, squishing him in the process.

 

"Girl, what the hell's wrong with you?" He groaned, stirring in his sleep.

 

Smiling evilly, I screeched, "Good morning!"

 

He grumbled some curse words on his pillow, burying his face further. I stopped him from falling sleep again. "Come on Seungri! Christmas is in a few weeks. We need to buy presents."

 

I could sense that I was being annoying right now but Seungri needed to wake up.

 

"Not today." He groaned, reaching for his phone to check the time.

 

"It's like eight in the morning. The malls are still closed."

 

"Well, yeah but let's do something today." I pouted.

 

He turned his head slightly to face me, squinting from the sunlight that came through the square window that was draped with white curtains. His hair was an unruly black mop of mess.

 

"You sure are annoying today." Rolling his eyes, he scoffed as he noticed my radiant aura.

 

"I had a great day yesterday. Thanks for, you know, helping Jiyong out. Everything was perfect." I said dreamily, rolling off Seungri as I lay beside him.

 

Chuckling weakly, "I didn't even do anything. He just asked me where you would usually go. Where'd he take you anyway?"

 

"He took me to a wharf. I didn't expect to see such place full of merriment." I continued to gush, telling Seungri about the night we had shared. Eventually, he was wide awake as he paid attention to every detail of what had happened.

 

In the end, I had convinced Seungri to go shopping for presents with me that afternoon. He grumbled all the way to the shopping center since he still had a lot of work to do. I had promised him that I wouldn't be bothering him after this day and would try my hardest to prepare him an edible breakfast every morning before I had to leave for London.

 

"I'd rather choke than try your cooking, missy." He teased which caused an instant reflex to my arm to slap him across the chest.

 

He stumbled a bit from my attack, frowning. "Hey! Don't damage the goods."

 

"It's not the only goods I'm going to destroy." I retorted, earning him a death glare as I swerved my gaze to his crotch. Eyes wide, he immediately tried to cover his crotch protectively with his hands.

 

"You're a violent woman, you know that?" He mumbled under his breath as we entered the shopping center. I gave him a mischievous grin in which he just rolled his eyes at me.

 

Seungri had given me only four hours to look for items that I needed to get everyone while he went his separate way to shop as well. Thankfully, I was able to cover everybody. I would probably just send Gran all the gifts through shipment after I had wrapped them. I snuck an item for Seungri so he could open a present on Christmas day but originally I had planned on buying his real present in London. And no, I wasn't planning on kidnapping a guy for him.

 

It had been a challenge finding Jiyong a present since I had no idea on what to get him. In which I decided to humor him with a tacky necktie for work. Cute panda faces scattered the lengthy tie. It was something a kid would wear which was a perfect dare to insinuate. In addition, I got him a normal blue tie and personalized cufflinks made of titanium, engraved with his initials in case he hated my joke.

 

I then remembered Jiyong's mother. The possibility of meeting her would be of great percentage. It was a polite thing to get her something for the occasion in case I get the chance of meeting her. I found a really classy shawl that had a fine embroidered detail. It was an off white in color which was a safe color that would go with a lot of outfits.

 

A picture of her was displayed in Mr. Kwon's study. That was how I had known her. It was one of those candid shots that captured her true beauty during her wedding day. She had dark brown hair that was tied into an elegant bun. Her high cheek bones defined her heart shaped face as her green emerald eyes glittered in happiness. The wedding dress she wore was breathtaking, making the tulle on her dress flow gracefully. It was like she had come out from a fairytale. The shawl I got her would perfectly fit her elegance.

 

Seungri and I got hungry after finally getting all the things we needed. We decided to meet at a Cajun restaurant since Seungri was craving for a seafood gumbo while I ordered myself some Cajun chicken salad.

 

"Why didn't we buy gifts ahead of time? These people are merciless." Seungri was in a sour mood because some old lady gave him an earful when he tried to grab an item that was last on display. The old lady had claimed that it was hers but Seungri had argued that he found it first. In addition, people had swarmed the place doing last minute shopping for their friends and families.

 

I rolled my eyes at the irony and said, "We've been doing this every year. You should have learned your lesson by now. It's not my fault that you like procrastinating."

 

"I'm just cranky, okay? The only good thing about today is this gumbo. It's scrumptious." He moaned as he took a spoonful of his food. I wrinkled my nose in mock disgust but ended up giggling anyway.

 

We continued enjoying our meal then went directly home. Seungri instantly ran to his room, dropping the bags by the doorway, and plopped himself onto his bed. I let him get his rest while I decided to wrap all the presents I purchased. Since I was having too much fun, I also set up our small Christmas tree by the corner in our living room. We didn't own much décor for the apartment so this was the most Christmas-y thing we could have inside.

 

As I worked on our tree, my mind had drifted back to Jiyong. It was going to be Monday tomorrow and I wondered how it would be different between us. What were we anyway? Sighing in exasperation, I pushed all those thoughts aside. It was work; of course I could act professional, if necessary.

 

I went to bed as I hugged Mr. K with me. He now had a special place on my bed. After I had finished wrapping everything, our Christmas tree was now fully functional with the colorful lights I circled around the tree and hung metallic ornaments for decoration. I had hope

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter