Thirty Seven

The C.E.O
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I didn't expect that Jiyong's words - "Until then, Dara" would literally imply the next day.

 

I just punched in to start my shift and took my place at the register when the bell rang on the door. I whipped my head to greet my first customer of the day when I saw Jiyong enter the café. He just strode casually to the counter as if he was a regular customer. He grinned when he saw me as I stood awkwardly like a statue. Seriously! He needed to stop surprising me.

 

My insides started fizzing as his presence drew nearer. He stopped in front of me and gave me a heart stopping smile.

 

"Dara." He was the only one that could get away of calling me 'Dara'. It used to aggravate me before when I thought he was doing it on purpose. But now, it felt like an endearing nickname. It was only for me.

 

"Hey." I smiled nervously, "I think you lost your way."

 

"Lost my way?" He asked with a look of confusion.

 

"Aren't you supposed to be in the office?"

 

Jiyong grinned, "What? Am I not allowed to order? It's the best I've had in a long while. My assistant used to make the best coffee."

 

"She doesn't work for you anymore, I presume? It's such a shame." Woah. Why did I even tease back?

 

I saw him smile sadly, "No, she doesn't. It was a huge mistake on my part."

 

He paused and continued, "I found her though."

 

"Oh, you did?" I quirked an eyebrow as I wondered why he was referring in third person.

 

"Just recently and it made me think I should make up for lost time. Don't you agree?" He gave me a lopsided grin. Thank God, Hoyeon wasn't around. If she was hearing this right now, she would burst like a party popper. Hoyeon didn't even know I knew him personally but she would surely over react with excitement that Jiyong decided to see me again.

 

My throat got stuck. What should I answer? Of course, I would like it. Very much! I had to play it cool though. I cleared my throat discreetly and said, "That would be nice."

 

"I was hoping to ask her out to dinner. Do you think she would say yes?" Jiyong asked in a hopeful voice. He had no idea my insides were spiraling out of control. I maintained a straight face as I stifled a smile. More than seven-freaking-months had been a long time. I think this would be good for the both of us. I think I was ready to hear his side since he already apologized. It was not like I forgave him. I was just ready to listen. It was hypocritical of me to even think not hearing what he had to say when all I'd wanted was for him to listen to me.

 

"She probably would. But, on three conditions." I challenged.

 

"This should be interesting." Jiyong chuckled. I was about to enumerate them when Hoyeon decided to show up. She emerged from the back office. When she saw me, she stilled for a moment as her gaze went to the man who was standing at the counter.

 

She smirked, "Hey, Sandara."

 

"Hey." I mumbled.

 

Hoyeon approached me and turned her attention to Jiyong. "A cup of coffee, right?" She smiled coyly while she took my place at the register. Jiyong nodded and handed his payment to Hoyeon.

 

He then turned to face me with a smile, "We'll continue this later." He walked to the same spot where he had sat yesterday.

 

I just noticed that he brought a briefcase with him.

 

I started making his coffee. Feeling Hoyeon beside me, I poured a tablespoon of milk into the mug. "Did I interrupt something? Sorry I can't help it. He's so good looking." She squealed in delight.

 

I knew I should feel jealous from the way Hoyeon was acting. Yet, I couldn't bring myself to feel it. I knew Hoyeon was harmless. She was just crushing on whoever walked in the café with a face that was worth drooling over.

 

I shook my head in amusement, "Not really."

 

"Well, I feel bad. You can serve his coffee."

 

I rolled my eyes playfully, so typical for Hoyeon. Since she had been a good friend for the past week maybe I should tell her about Jiyong. However, I would still spare the details on how we met and maybe just everything else. I turned to face her and asked, "Can I tell you a secret?"

 

"Ooh! I love secrets." She jumped in excitement.

 

I took a deep breath. "I actually know the guy." I stifled a laugh as I gauged Hoyeon's reaction.

 

fell and she accidentally yelled, "What?!"

 

She instantaneously covered with both of her hands to stop herself from screaming further. I looked around the café to see that the people were looking at us weirdly. I peeked to see Jiyong with an amused expression. He was setting up his laptop as he took out all of his paperwork from his briefcase. He stopped what he was doing for a second to witness what had happened to Hoyeon.

 

 "Hoyeon!" I called her out and laughed at her reaction.

 

"Sorry." She mouthed in embarrassment.

 

"Oh my god! I knew it! The moment he stepped foot into this café, he never took his eyes off of you. He didn't even bother to give me a second glance." She gripped both of my arms while she gushed over Jiyong in a low voice. "You're so lucky! He seems to be oddly familiar though. But whatever, he's so dreamy." She said in a hushed tone, sighing dreamily, and then watched Jiyong as he busied himself with work.

 

I turned to look at Jiyong one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter