Thirty Four

The C.E.O
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I was meeting Soohyuk in a few hours at Kwon Hotel for dinner as I rummaged through my closet to find a decent dress. The hotel was classy so I had to dress for the occasion. I then found a baby doll dress that was in carnation pink. It had a huge bow on the bust area. It didn't look tacky, in fact, the dress was seamless and it flowed nicely from my waist down to my knee. I put on the dress and checked myself in the mirror. It was comfortable and I felt pretty in it. It was a bit loose from all the weight that I lost these past few months but it looked okay. I decided to let my hair down and combed my fringe over to the side. Putting on some blush and applied a peach blossom lipstick. I then spritzed a bit of perfume onto my wrists and wore the necklace that I always paired with everything. It was from Jiyong last Christmas. Lastly, I paired my dress with a strapped peep toe sandals.

 

I heard a knock on my door while I was putting on my sandals. I looked up to see Seungri  leaning onto the frame of my door.

 

"Someone looks good tonight." Seungri spoke as he quirked an eyebrow with curiosity.

 

"I have dinner to attend to." I told him. I really didn't feel like telling him about my dinner with Soohyuk. Seungri would just pry and I didn't want to give him ideas that the dinner meant something. Soohyuk and I were just friends. That was it, just two friends having a friendly dinner.

 

"You know that not telling would only make me curious, right? And we all know that we don't want that to happen." He stated in a very serious tone.

 

I cringed as I realized that he was right. Imagine all the possibilities that he could do. By possibilities, I meant a million ways to torture me just to get the latest gossip. I sighed in defeat, "Soohyuk and I are having dinner." I muttered softly, hoping that he would have heard wrong.

 

3...2...1

 

I heard him squeal in excitement. There it was.

 

"Is it a date?" He grabbed my shoulders and made me look at him right in the eye. I knew this would happen.

 

"No. Just dinner." I rolled my eyes and pushed him off as he invaded my breathing space.

 

"Wait a second, Soohyuk? As in the Soohyuk?" He widened his eyes as if he just realized something. I filled him in about what happened in London and how I met Soohyuk when I came back from the trip.

 

"Yeah, why?" I asked.

 

"Nope! You're not going to dinner with him." He uttered in mortification.

 

I folded my arms and faced Hugh. "Why is that a problem?" I scrunched my eyebrows together. I didn't see anything wrong having dinner with a friend.

 

"Bro code, Dee."

 

"It's not even a date." I defended.

 

Seungri took a deep breath as his shoulders sagged in defeat. "I don't feel good about this." He shook his head. He sat on the edge of my bed and crossed his legs making himself comfortable.

 

"It's really not the dinner I'm dreading." I didn't mean to say it out loud but it already hung in the air. I dreaded to see Jiyong at the hotel who was possibly out with a date with Jessica or just seeing him there for that matter. I picked up my white long strap purse as well as some things I needed. I filled it with my wallet, phone and my necessity kit which was filled with wet wipes, a small comb and band aids.

 

Seungri was silent all of a sudden. I glanced to look at him and he was looking at me weirdly. "What?" I asked softly.

 

"Just be careful, okay?" He gave me a small smile and walked out of my room. Huh. That was weird. It was not like I was going to see Jiyong tonight. Right? There was a possibility but I highly doubt it. He usually went to handle some things with the administration during office hours which was not later than five in the afternoon. He never stayed long for leisure inside the hotel unless he constantly brought Jessica. I tried to release the horrid thoughts from my brain. I shouldn't even be worried about it.

 

I grabbed my car keys and slipped on an off white cardigan. Seungri was preparing dinner when I walked into the kitchen.

 

"Hey." I mumbled.

 

He turned his attention to me as he stopped chopping some bell peppers. "Leaving already?" He asked.

 

"Yeah..." I trailed off. "You're acting really weird, Seungri." I blurted. I held my bag strap a little too tightly as I waited for his reply.

 

"Sorry. I'm just worried about you." He uttered. I thought he wanted to say more but he just left it at that. I wondered what was bothering him. He then went back to chopping. I slowly walked over to him and hugged him from behind.

 

"Thanks but Soohyuk is my friend too. I want you and Daesung to meet him." I nuzzled my face onto Seungri's back. "And I plan on seeing the city with him tomorrow. I want you guys to join us." I looked up to see his expression. His face was

impassive while he thought about the idea.

 

"I have to work tomorrow. We'll catch up at dinner?" He questioned.

 

"That could work. I'll text you then." I smiled. I hugged him again and let go. "Thank you." I added. Seungri smiled but it didn't reach his eyes. I knew he wasn't okay with it but I made my decision. I was finally living my life and I wanted to start it by spending the rest of the summer with fun activities which included seeing the city without thinking about work all at once.

 

I kissed Seungri on the cheek and waved him goodbye. I went to my car and started driving to the hotel. When I arrived, a valet assisted me out of my car. He warmly greeted me as I gave him the keys to the car. I entered the building and I really hadn't marveled at how this place was wonderful. The last time I went here was with Mr. Kwon. He had hosted a social event with his business partners and suppliers. I was in charge of everything and it was probably one of the most hectic tasks I'd done. But in the end, I was proud with myself that I had pulled it off. The sleepless nights and the frustrations I felt back then were all worth it.

 

I walked through the lobby as my eyes darted around the place to find Soohyuk. Instantly seeing his mop of hair while he was holding up a newspaper, I looked around for a little girl to be running around but I didn't see Young-ae anywhere. I walked up to Soohyuk and it seemed he hadn't noticed me yet since his nose was stuck on an article.

 

"Hey you." I bent a little to distract him from reading the newspaper.

 

Soohyuk widened his eyes in surprise and when he saw that it was just me he felt relieved.

 

"Bloody hell." He mumbled.

 

I giggled and straightened up. Soohyuk folded the newspaper and put it back on the rack. Noticing that he was looking me up and down, giving out a low whistle.

 

"What?" I flushed as I was never good at receiving compliments.

 

"Beautiful as always." He praised.

 

"Oh stop it." I rolled my eyes but stifled a smile.

 

Soohyuk was smartly dressed in gray sla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter