Nineteen

The C.E.O
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Getting out of the building only to find out that it had started to snow outside. The white specks fell softly onto the ground and it tickled my nose as one snowflake had landed. It was the first snowfall of the year. I turned to look at Jiyong with a cheeky grin on my face.

 

"I don't think ice cream is a good idea right now." I puckered.

 

Jiyong chuckled from beside me, "Yeah, hot coffee then?"

 

We walked into a nearby café. As the sweet aroma had wafted our senses, the tension had been completely lifted between us. Jiyong chose to sit by a large window with a clear view of the snowed streets. He told me to wait as he ordered for us. Holding two cups, he handed me my order which was a hot cup of chocolate with a huge dollop of whipped cream, drizzled with chocolate sauce while Jiyong ordered a cup of café latte.

 

I held my mug with both hands, relishing the warmth that crawled up my skin. Blowing on my hot chocolate, I tried to sip as I evaded burning my tongue. Jiyong's hand reached out to swipe something across my upper lip.

 

"You had cream on your lip." He chuckled, making me struggle to find a napkin as I mumbled a thank you.

 

We chattered for some time until we had to go home. "I'll pick you up on Sunday." Jiyong had said as we exited the café. I waved goodbye as I told him that I would see him tomorrow, making my way towards the opposite direction. I usually took the bus home but in critical weather, I would hail a cab. I really didn't mind, I liked walking. It helped me think which relaxes my mind. Jiyong had insisted me to ride with him but I refused seeing as I didn't want him to drive me around. He sulked like a baby but I had to put my foot on the ground, saying no. Much to my dismay, he didn't give up as much as I told him that I was okay. If he was to drag me to his car again then I would no longer hesitate to beat his .

 

I found my way home after commuting for half an hour. Seungri was in his room probably working. I stuck my head inside his door and saw that he had a lot of papers scattered all over his desk. His brows were furrowed while he wore his thick framed glasses, concentrating on sketching a new design. There were colorful fabric that was strewn on his bed and some roughly made dresses lying on the floor.

 

He looked up as he heard his door creak. The creases from his forehead relaxed when he saw me. "Hey girl," he smiled, his eyes tired and I could tell he hadn't eaten yet.

 

"Do you want me to order pizza?" I offered.

 

"What time is it?" He rubbed his tired eyes, yawning.

 

"Almost seven o'clock." I told him. All I could do to help was call a pizza delivery service since I was starving as well.

 

He groaned as he realized the time, "So hungry. Please feed me."

 

I laughed, "Alright, hold on. Let me make the call." Closing the door behind me, I called a pizza place that was just nearby. Twenty minutes later, the Margherita pizza I ordered had arrived. I went to the kitchen to prepare Seungri a plate of pizza together with a glass of water. Carrying a tray with his food, I entered his room and placed the tray on his side table beside his bed, avoiding all his paperwork that were scattered on his area.

"Thanks mom," he joked but I knew he was thankful.

 

"Call if you need anything." I chuckled, earning a grin as he went back to sketching.

 

I went back outside to prepare myself a slice then ate as I lounged back on the sofa, watching a variety show on television. My eyes started to droop and that was when I decided to retire to bed.

 

The next day I had called Gran to tell her about my trip. She was ecstatic to see me go out of the country, not showing any signs of dismay when I told her I wouldn't be able to spend Christmas with them.

 

"I'll be fine! Go live life, dear. You deserve it. Hojin's family is coming over anyway. I won't be alone." She said excitingly.

 

"That's really great. I bought gifts for everyone. I'll have it shipped this afternoon." I told her. The call ended after a while of catching up. After I had went to my local courier to send my package, I took the liberty to clean the whole apartment which took the whole day to accomplish. I knew Seungri wouldn't bother cleaning since he was in charge of cooking meals for us. At least I had something that I was good at. I thought bitterly.

 

As the night had grown dark into the sky, I readied myself for London, folding all my clothes neatly into my luggage. I was just finishing up when Seungri barged into my room, carrying a small pink duffel bag. He had already arrived home from work.

 

"Hey Dee! I got you your early Christmas present." He handed me the duffel bag. Curious of the contents, I grabbed the zipper to pry it open. But then he stopped me, "Ah-ah, you're not opening this bag until you've landed. Promise me." With a stern look, he was being serious.

 

"Fine, I promise." Pouting as I put the bag aside. Hugh then padded across my room, sitting on my dresser chair as he observed what I had packed for my trip.

 

"Seriously? You're bringing work clothes to London?" He commented. Of course, I was bringing my work clothes. It was a business trip after all.

 

"I'll be working. I don't think it would be necessary." I defended myself, however, recalculating that maybe I needed some comfortable clothes to wear.

 

"Suit yourself." He gave me a devilish smile as he stood from where he sat and walked out of my room. Shrugging, I got back to packing my things. The last few things I needed were some shoes. Opening my closet, I kneeled to get a few pairs when I saw a box that just sat at the bottom part of my wardrobe. I lifted the lid off the box and gasped when I saw the red dress that Jiyong had given me on my birthday, forgetting that I had this. The dress was coming to London with me in case I needed formal wear. With a large luggage and an extra carry-on bag that Seungri had packed for me, I was done.

 

The doorbell rang in the early hours of the morning as I was about to bite into my cream cheese bagel. I knew our flight wasn't until after lunch but I was too excited that sleep hadn't visited. As I opened the door, Jiyong stood in front of me with a boyish grin on his face. He had a black suit on that he matched with a navy blue tie. His golden brown hair neatly brushed over to the side, keeping his face still clean shaven.

 

"Good morning." He had a glint in his eye that I couldn't make out.

 

"I thought you were picking me up in a few hours?" I queried. Good thing I was already good to go, wearing a light gray skirt and a white ruffled top. My long hair was down, letting my natural waves flow freely.

 

"Yes, but I want breakfast." He said, entering my apartment without even inviting him in.

 

"I was just about to eat my bagel."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter