Twenty Six

The C.E.O
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"You were supposed to be my BFF right now. You know the one who is supposed to be on my side?" I folded my arms and pouted.

 

He chuckled then became serious. "I'm sorry. He sounded really worried. You didn't tell him where you were?"

 

I scoffed, "He was busy."

 

"Right. Give me your phone." He ordered.

 

"It died a while ago." I told him honestly.

 

"Oh. Well give me your number so I can give you a call." I raised an eyebrow questioningly.

 

"Is this how you pick up women?" I laughed as I tried to make light with the situation.

 

"Uh no. Plus, it's been awhile. I'm here as a friend." He stated a little too seriously.

 

I gave him a toothy grin and punched his arm lightly. "I'm kidding, god!"

 

He relaxed a bit after that and smiled. Trying to push me off of the swing but he just made me kept swinging. I just laughed at his attempt. After a while, I gave him my number as he told me to call him if something went wrong. He wouldn't hesitate to come get me. It was really sweet. I had the chance to talk to him for like what? A few hours? Instant BFFs, son. I didn't know why I said that in my head. It was the beer. Yeah, that must be it.

 

"I really like you, Sandara. I just wished I've met you first." Soohyuk opened up when we slipped into a comfortable silence. I craned my neck to look at him, not knowing on what to say. I flushed in embarrassment since he was so direct and honest with me.

 

He chuckled lightly, "Don't worry. I just want to get it out there. I hope that we'd see each other again though." He smiled but I could see sadness in his eyes. I wanted to see him again too. Our flight back to Seoul would be on the second. Technically, that would be tomorrow.

 

Suddenly, an idea popped up in my head. "You could always visit Seoul. Bring Young-ae with you and we could see the city together. Don't count on me as a tour guide though. I really haven't seen the city since I started working there." I smiled sheepishly. His eyes glinted with excitement.

 

"You would like that?" He smiled as he had a hopeful expression.

 

"Of course, I don't really have many friends. You could also meet Seungri." I told him with a smile.

 

"Seungri?" He questioned.

 

"He's my best friend." I replied.

 

"But I thought we're BFFs?" He frowned jokingly.

 

"I can have two awesome BFFs." I laughed as I really valued Soohyuk as a friend. If I had met him before Jiyong, I would have fallen for him instantly because of his personality. He smiled genuinely then got off the swing.

 

"Come on, BFF, I have to take you home." He outstretched his hand for me to grab then pulled me up to stand. I suddenly felt the dread creeping in as I tried to keep it hidden somewhere dark and unreachable when Soohyuk drove me back to Jiyong's.

 

When we finally arrived in front of Jiyong's townhouse, I let out a huge sigh. I stared at the door when I felt Soohyuk' hand on my shoulder. "It's going to be okay. Just call when you need me. I'll text you my number." I nodded and slowly reached for the door handle. I stopped and turned to face Soohyuk.

 

"Thank you...for everything." I muttered softly. He nodded and gave me a reassuring smile.

 

I reached for the handle again and opened the door. When I was about to get out, Soohyuk called out my name.

 

"Sandara." His voice was deep and welcoming.

 

I turned around and waited for him to speak up. "You forgot something."

 

I quizzically looked at him, aware that I didn't forget anything. I have my clutch with me.

 

"What?" I asked.

 

 He pointed to his cheek and grinned. "You forgot my Seoul's kiss. I got you out of that party. You owe me." I chuckled as I did promise him a kiss. I bent over and went closer. He smelled of alcohol but he had this musky scent that I found y on him. I gave him a chaste kiss on his cheek and I blushed as our faces were only a few inches apart. I pulled away immediately. But I made sure that I did it subtly.

 

"Good night, Sandara. See you soon." I smiled and told him to be careful in getting home. I waved goodbye as he started the ignition of his car and left.

 

Jiyong must have heard the noise when I saw him burst out from the door and briskly walked up to me. I didn't have the time to process and readied myself to face him when he looked really pissed off; internally snorting that he didn't have the right to be angry. He grabbed my arm and forcefully dragged me inside his house.

 

"Jiyong! Let go! You're hurting me." I whimpered as his grip was too strong. He momentarily lost his angered expression when a worried one was replaced. Immediately letting go, he ran a hand through his hair in frustration. He was now pacing back and forth in front of me as I just stayed silent.

 

He stopped and looked at me with menacing eyes. "You went out with him? What the Dara?" I still stayed silent as I tried to keep my cool. I should be the one yelling, not him.

 

"I waited for you to come back and you didn't! I was so worried for 's sake! I drove around for hours looking for you only to find out you were with Soohyuk!" His voice boomed throughout the living room. His chest heaved in anger.

 

Okay, now it was my turn to be mad.

 

"Are you sure? It didn't look like it when your tongue was stuck down in Jessica's throat!" I spat. He stilled and had a very shocked expression.

 

"You saw that?" He muttered in defeat.

 

"How could I not? I'm not blind." I glared at him. I couldn't believe he sounded so guilty. My heart just shriveled up into a huge raisin. I felt a lump on my throat as I tried so hard not to cry. But of course, my tears had betrayed me. They fell on their own accord but I quickly wiped it off my face.

 

"Dara." He softly said my name, slowly moving closer as hewas about to touch me.

 

"Don't." I stepped back. I didn't want to melt into his arms and decide that it was all okay because it wasn't. Keeping a safe distance, I saw Jiyong's pained expression.

 

"Hear me out, please." He pleaded. I didn't answer him as I kept sobbing.

 

"You still trust me, right?"

 

Trust him? Was he ing insane?

 

"No." I sneered with so much venom in my voice. He winced as my reply came out harshly. I had enough of this drama so I started to walk pass him. He then grabbed my arm lightly to stop me from going up the stairs.

 

"I didn't kiss her back. I pushed her away. I really did." He said softly.

 

I turned around, a bored look on my face. He sighed deeply. "If you think something happened when she wanted to talk... Nothing happened, okay? We argued the whole time because she wanted back what we had shared before which wasn't even called a relationship. She was willing to take me back for . She seems to not understand that I don't want any of that anymore. I only want you, Sandara. I want this to work with us."

 

I still didn't say anything. Internally battling with myself, I wanted to believe him but I couldn't seem to say it out loud. He just had to say the right words.

 

When I didn't react to his explanation, he continued, "I don't know why she kissed me. She probably didn't see you around and saw an opportunity. Please." He slowly moved to get closer. I no longer stepped back. Letting him encase me in an embrace, my anger started to dissolve. He kissed the topped of my head and kept whispering an apology. I knew I couldn't stay mad at him so I lifted my arms around his waist and hugged him back.

 

"I love you." He whispered in my ear. I froze unable to comprehend what he just said. I looked up to stare into his eyes and found that he was telling the truth. His eyes were soft and full of love.

 

"I know it's sudden but I can't help how I feel about you. You're mine and no one else's." He pressed his lips onto mine without giving me a chance to speak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter