Three

The C.E.O
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I sat on a park bench in the middle of the day as I heard footsteps were approaching me from behind. Without looking, I already knew who it would be.

 

"Hey, babe." I felt him place a hand on my shoulder and I instantly fell in comfort.

 

I looked up and smiled at Seungri who was more than my best friend. He was family. Seungri sat down beside me and held my hand. He knew that it calmed me whenever I felt sad or had a crappy day.

 

I met Lee Seungri when we were in high school. I didn't have many friends back then but he had stood out from everybody that I knew. He sat beside me in English class during my first year in high school. I didn't know him since he was new in our school but he turned in my direction and commented on how my eye color looked pretty. It was random and the comment was totally not needed during that time. I felt my cheeks reddened in embarrassment. No guy had ever made a bold move on me like that.

 

At that time, I thought he was flirting with me so I managed to blurt out a laugh thinking how crazy he was for complimenting a girl like me.

 

He arched an eyebrow at me, "Girl, what are you even laughing at?"

 

What he said made me stop my laughter. I guess he wasn't that into me since I found out that he was... gay.

 

He was pretty good looking with jet black hair. If you didn't know him, as for me, like five seconds ago you would actually be attracted to him until he opened his mouth and revealed that he preferred guys over girls. Such a bummer!

 

I stifled a giggle as I introduced myself, "Hi, I'm Sandara."

 

He beamed at me enthusiastically, "I'm Seungri. You're a weird one. I like you."

 

"Uh, thanks?"

 

He laughed at my reaction and after that little incident we started talking like we had known each other. I guess I was his first friend and we just got stuck after that. He was really easy to get along with. Especially after my parents had gone, Seungri was there for me and at that moment I knew he would stay by my side for a really long time. I was really thankful for that.

 

I didn't know that I still stared blankly ahead, smiling to myself as I reminisced how I came across meeting Seungri. He waved a hand in front of my face and I snapped my attention to him.

 

I smiled a little sheepishly, "Sorry, I was just..."

 

"It's okay. I knew you'd need this." He handed me a cup of hot coffee. I didn't even notice he brought back some beverage. I took it into my hands and felt its warmth. I then carefully took a sip of the hot steaming beverage. We sat together drawing in the silence. It was comfortable until Seungri spoke, "How are you holding up?"

 

"I'm fine." I whispered quietly as I looked down and stared at the cup that I was holding.

 

Today was Mr. Kwon's funeral. The ceremony happened just this morning and I came home not feeling the need to be cramped up in my apartment so I decided to take a walk around the area. I needed some air to think that I ended up sitting on this park bench which was just around the corner of our apartment.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter