Seventeen

The C.E.O
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

We walked the area for some time. My eyes wandered around and saw rusty container vans being stacked high, some old warehouses and moldy crates were scattered around. The area was deserted and it was eerily quiet. I could hear the faint sound of the ocean waves from a distance and some seagulls flying nearby.

 

"Jiyong, I swear if you're my murderer, I would just like to say that I'm haunting your for the rest of your life." I voiced out my thoughts aloud and glared at him. He started to laugh uncontrollably. His teeth were perfectly straight as he tried to keep his smile from stretching over.  He was turning pink from the lack of air, clutching his abdomen. I folded my arms and waited for him to stop laughing.

 

He held his hand up, surrendering. Jiyong still grinning, "Just trust me, okay?"

 

Huffing, I stuck my tongue out.

 

"Real mature," he chuckled, grabbing my hand as he led the way to our unknown destination.

 

Awhile after, I could hear laughter and loud voices of people from afar. I looked up at Jiyong who was already smiling down at me. He stopped then I followed his gaze as to where he was looking. It was as if he had taken me somewhere magical. Finally making out exactly where we were, he took me to the wharf but it wasn't an ordinary place. It was secluded, no boats or yachts being docked at this side.

 

They had turned this place into a winter fair. From afar to my left, I could see the shore glinting with fine white sand. There were no people sinking their feet onto the sand since the wind and water was too cold for this season. To my right, there were arrays of food stalls lined up against the chipped white walls of an abandoned two-story building. I could also see booths that entailed some games and souvenir items.

 

At the end of the wharf, there was a rotating Ferris wheel that would be perfect for viewing the ocean and the city of Seoul from above. Lastly, to my center line of vision was a boardwalk that led further into the ocean. There was a round wooden structure that could accommodate a small function. I would have to find out what was going on inside later.

 

My mouth fell open from wonder, taking in the place around me.

 

"What do you think?" I turned to Jiyong who was sheepishly smiling while he rubbed the nape of his neck.

 

Was Jiyong being bashful? That's a first.

 

I didn't answer right away. Pursing my lips, I was deep in thought. No one ever showed this much effort to surprise me. It was unexpected. I was a hopeless romantic in which I wanted something that was well-thought of. Not just red roses and a fancy dinner but something relatively such as this, simple but meaningful. My heart swelled and somehow I felt something tug right in there.

 

I gazed back to those hazel eyes and smiled genuinely, "I love it so much." I breathed.

 

He beamed and I could tell that he took pride on what he had planned for me. "Seungri gave me a few pointers."

 

"Thank you." I sincerely told him. "It's really weird that you're both scheming behind my back."

 

I earned a chuckle from him, "I wanted this day to be perfect."

 

"How did you find out anyway?" I asked him curiously. Their friendly interaction didn't go unnoticed during Thanksgiving dinner at Seungri's.

 

He shrugged, "It's not important. Why didn't you tell me?"

 

"I did but you would always cut me off. You've been busy being jealous." I joked as I lightly punched his arm.

 

He backed me up against an empty container van, trapping me with both of his arms. Smirking, he stared as his face inched closer. My heart flipped from the suddenness. His breath fanned my face that made me shudder, in a good way.

 

"Maybe I was," he whispered.

 

I could sense the smile in his voice. He stepped back hastily and turned his back from me as he started walking away.

 

My heart was still pumping at full speed. I was rooted to the ground, staring at his broad back as I felt the heat crawl up my face. I never expected him to blatantly say it to my face.

 

Jiyong looked over his shoulder and noticed that I wasn't following him. "Don't just stand there," he chuckled in amusement.

 

I ran up to him then he quickly put his arm around me. Giving me a boyish grin, he directed me toward the game booths. What he had said was temporarily forgotten as we started to play a few games. I was on a winning streak for the first few rounds as I noticed that Jiyong was purposely trying to let me win.

 

"You're letting me win on purpose! Stop being boring." I playfully glared beside him as tried shooting a small hoop onto the plastic frog's head that sat on a fake lily pad. He was holding back while I wanted the challenge.

 

"Do you really want to see what I'm capable of?

 

You might regret it." He raised an eyebrow at me, challenging me to take it.

 

"Hell yeah, I would." I raised my chin in confidence to show him that I wasn't afraid.

 

He smirked, "You asked for it."

 

Taking my hand, he led me to a basketball game machine. He inserted a few tokens as the lights from the machine came to life, indicating the start of a new game.

 

We each took a ball then started shooting it into the hoop to earn points. I didn't play any sports during high school but I usually liked playing this at the arcade. The game had ended. I got most of the shots and my score wasn't too bad. Turning to see Jiyong's score board, my mouth fell when I saw that his score was tripled from mine.

 

"Cheat!" I accusingly yelled.

 

"I told you, you'd regret it." He laughed when I scowled.

 

He then intertwined my fingers with his as he led me to the next booth where there was a wall of stuffed animals displayed. I never knew that he had collected all the tickets we had accumulated from the games we had been playing the past hour. He let the guy who was managing the booth count the tickets.

 

"Congratulations! You are entitled to pick your prize from this area." He yelled enthusiastically then pointed to the row of huge stuffed animals.

 

"I like that one." I instantly fell in love with the giant panda that was sitting alone at the far edge of the shelf.

 

The gu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter