Twenty One

The C.E.O
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiyong's invitation to meet his mother had shocked me. I kind of predicted that I would be meeting her but not during an intimate gathering with the family. Well, he didn't have any shame coming to Gran's house to meet my family. I guess it was okay for him to let me meet his.

 

We had lunch at a really cute café. It was just a small establishment that served brick-oven style pizzas and pasta. The interior was cozy with lemon chiffon colored walls and an oak made table counter. The tables and chairs were not uniformed. They had been collecting different types of furniture in assorted designs and sizes that they roughly painted it over in white and just placed it for customers to use and dine in. It may look scruffy but when you look at the set up, it just works.

 

After lunch, he took me sightseeing. We went to see Big Ben, The London Eye and Buckingham Palace. I took a lot of pictures with my phone but I kind of wanted to be in it. I also wanted to have my picture taken with Jiyong.

 

"Hey Jiyong!" I yelled at him from afar. He was on the phone talking to someone. He turned his head to see me waving for him to come closer. He walked towards me as he said goodbye to whoever he was talking to and put his phone back into his pocket.

 

"What is it?" He asked.

 

"Come closer." I signaled him to hurry up. "I want a picture." I told him.

 

As he was just about to say something, I jumped and put my arm around his neck as I pulled him closer to my face. I held my phone up and squeezed our faces together to fit ourselves on the screen. "Say cheese." I grinned andhe also gave a boyish grin. I clicked the button to capture our faces with the Buckingham Palace as our background. Checking the picture I took, I saw that we looked really silly with our wide smiles. I loved it. I couldn't help but smile at the captured memory.

 

"Hey, let me see." Jiyong said from behind me.

 

I turned around and shook my head, "Don't delete it if you don't like the shot. I happen to like this picture." I handed him my phone. He looked at it and smirked as he began typing something on my phone. My eyes widened and tried to grab my phone back. He was fast enough to let it out of my reach.

 

"I told you not to delete it." I clenched my jaw. He smirked at me again as he pulled out his phone and showed me our picture. He just sent our picture on his phone. I relaxed and Jiyong handed it back to me. He chuckled and swung his arm around me then started walking again.

 

We walked around some more before we headed back to Jiyong's townhouse. He told me to get ready and wear something nice for dinner. It was probably the right time to wear the dress that Jiyong gave me on my birthday. It was red which was perfect for the occasion. I quickly got ready, applying some light make up, put on the dress and wore my black pumps. I checked myself in the mirror and gasped as I saw myself. The dress had a simple cut with a square neckline yet it brought elegance and hugged my body fitly, showing some curves I never knew I had. It bothered me that Jiyong knew my size. In fact, he knew a lot of information about me. It was creepy but undeniably sweet when he wanted to be.

 

A light knock on the door startled me as I was silently chuckling to myself. I opened the door and saw Jiyong all dressed up in a midnight blue suit. He wasn't wearing any tie and just left the first few buttons undone. His hair was now tamed to one side. I lifted my eyes to meet his gaze only to see that his eyes had widened as he saw me, taking me in rather thoroughly but quickly recovered immediately.

 

"You wore the dress." He said with bated breath. I saw his pupils dilate as he gave me another once-over. Flushed, at the way he had looked at me. I could tell that he was enjoying himself.

 

"It's beautiful. I never got the chance to say thank you when you gave this to me on my birthday." I gave him a genuine smile. I noticed that his eyes were still wandering and I cleared my throat. That seemed to have gotten his attention. He smiled sheepishly and rubbed the nape of his neck.

 

"Are you checking me out, Mr. Kwon?" I quirked an eyebrow feeling a bit brave teasing or should I say flirting with him?

 

He smirked, "Not going to lie and say that I was." My mouth fell open as he just openly admitted it to me. "You look stunning." He added, giving me a full blown grin and grabbed my hand.

 

"Are you ready?" I wasn't really sure how to answer the question. I definitely wasn't ready to meet his mother. What if she was some kind of monster-in-law that you saw from TV? I couldn't handle that. We're not even together. Or what if the night would go extremely awkward and all you could hear are the clinking noises of knives and forks.

 

"No." I mumbled honestly.

 

"It's going to be fine. I also want you to meet someone." He chuckled as we started descending the stairs.

 

I lifted my gaze to him and had a puzzled look. "Someone?"

 

He smiled, "Yeah." He didn't further explain himself. I wonder who it would be, hoping that it wasn't someone who he was romantically involved with. Panic started to rise as thoughts of being a home-wrecker had crossed my mind. What if Jiyong was... No, he wouldn't do that to me. Keeping my cool, I tried to hide the internal struggle that had weighed me down. He grabbed our coats as we headed to his childhood home.

 

The drive didn't take long and we were now slowing down a driveway. I didn't notice the house at first but when I got out of the car I was surprised to see an average sized colonial home. It had two floors that probably came with an attic. The walls were made with bricks that were decorated with large rectangular windows to let the natural light in. Then, the frames of the window and doors were white. The front door was adorned with a porch light that gave away a yellowish glow to the black wooden door. It was a beautiful home.

 

I had expected Jiyong to live in luxury seeing as Mr. Kwon was loaded. Somehow I wanted to know about what Jiyong's childhood was like. He might be comfortable to be with but he never actually opened up to me. I could only count how many times he had asked about his father, knowing that it was a touchy subject for him. I didn't want to pry because I wanted him to be comfortable enough to tell me about his past.

 

We reached the door and I blew a heavy breath. This was it. Jiyong fumbled with his keys and opened the door. As we entered, I was warmly greeted with the delightful smell of the food being prepared and the classical music that was softly playing in the background. Jiyong removed his suit jacket as he helped me with mine. He hung them on the coat rack and grabbed my hand to guide me into his home.

 

The inside of his home was just as gorgeous from the outside. It kind of reminded me of Seungri's home back in Busan. It felt homey with the warm atmosphere and soft earthy colors that decked out the fixtures. The house was kept clean and I could tell that there were a lot of memories that were created in this house. Happy memories, I hoped.

 

"Mum?" Jiyong called out from the hallway.

 

"In the kitchen, honey." I could hear her mother scurrying around. Jiyong led me to the dining room which was just adjacent to the kitchen.

 

"Mum, where's Greta? I thought she was supposed to help you with dinner."

 

Mrs. Kwon stopped the running water and wiped her hands with a towel. "I gave her the holiday off. It's no big deal. It's not like I couldn't handle anything." She turned around and had a big smile on her face. "Jiyong! You're finally home," hurrying her steps and hugged him.

 

I saw Jiyong's warm smile as he hugged her back. Mrs. Kwon pulled away and noticed my presence. She studied me for a few seconds before she acknowledged me.

 

"Who's this?" She smiled kindly.

 

I was about t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter