Fourteen

The C.E.O
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Feeling the need to pee, it woke me up. I lifted myself off the bed and looked at the time on my phone. It was just six in the morning. A bit early for me but I guess I had to start my day ahead. It was also a perfect time to get ready. Jiyong might still be asleep right now so it was my chance to avoid him throughout the day.

 

I took a hot shower and dressed myself in thick black leggings and an oversized wool sweater. It was going to be windy and chilly today since winter was approaching in a few weeks. I finished my look with a beanie and brown boots. Slowly opening the door to my bedroom, I crept to the hall quietly as to avoid waking Jiyong or my grandmother. I made it through down the stairs without making any noise, only a few meters away from the door when a voice startled me all of a sudden.

 

"Where are you going?"

 

I turned my head to my right and saw Jiyong standing at the kitchen doorway as he held a cup of hot coffee, wearing grey sweatpants and a white tee. His hair was still disheveled from sleep. He actually looked good with that kind of look. He didn't even have to try!

 

"Out," I replied not wanting to expand my answer.

 

He put his mug down on the table and started to walk towards me. He loomed over me as I gulped at the small proximity we had. "Aren't you going to show me around the city today?" He grinned.

 

This was one of the rare moments that Jiyong showed his genuine smile. His eyes twinkled and I could see his gummy smile prominently displayed to my liking. He still maintained his light stubble that made him look gorgeous. I wondered what he looked like when he shaved.

 

"Do you shave your facial hair?" The question left my mouth before I could even think what I was doing. I panicked, no longer able to take it back.

 

"What?"

 

"Uh, what?"

 

His lips now tugged to form a smirk. He was clearly enjoying my struggle. I inwardly groaned at my stupidity. He clearly had an effect on me that I should not be allowed to be having. We had overstepped our boundaries numerous times.

 

"You could stop staring now." His smirk was still there. I knew I was already blushing but hadn't notice that I was observing his facial features.

 

I scoffed, "You wish." I walked past him and felt my arm being held back. His strong hands gripped both of my arms gently, trapping me so I could face him.

 

"Stop running away from me." He flashed me that smile again.

 

"I wasn't."

 

Yes you were.

 

"You're stuck with me today. Deal with it." He gave me a toothy grin. "Let me just change quickly. Wait for me?"

 

"Okay," I croaked, unable to bear the proximity. He let go of me and quickly disappeared going up the stairs. I huffed and blew some air to my fringe, letting out a frustrated sigh. There was no escaping him. While killing the time, I made myself comfortable onto the couch. I wanted to eat something but I was craving for some food at my favorite diner.

 

Twenty minutes later, I heard his footsteps descend down the stairs. I looked up and saw his hair damp from the shower he just took. He wore a brown leather jacket then paired it with a plaid dress shirt.

 

I had to admit, he looked gorgeous with his ensemble but we really needed to go. Hunger was overpowering me right now instead of swooning over this man. "You know, this isn't fashion week. Let's go." I let myself out the door while Jiyong followed behind me. He rushed his pace to fall into step with me.

 

"Are you saying I look rather good today?" He was smug about it but I knew he was just being playful.

 

"Oh, please." I rolled my eyes playfully as my mouth lifted to a smile.

 

He was really being weird today. The last time he was like this was when we had visited his father's grave. He had smiled at me that day. It might have not reached his eyes but it was there. Up until now, he was giving me a full blown one. He looked happy, younger even.

 

"Are we getting breakfast?" He asked.

 

"Yeah, I hope the diner is fine." I told him.

 

"Of course it is. Why wouldn't it be?"

 

"Well, it's a rundown diner that had been here since I was a kid. The food will pretty much give you a heart attack yet you still come back because it's that good." I chuckled. "But if you want we could go somewhere else."

 

"Sounds deadly. I'm in." He chuckled.

 

I brought him to my favorite diner where they served the best strawberry milkshake. We ordered a plate of waffles and sausages. He had another cup of coffee while I just went ahead and ordered my cold drink. It would take another year before I could taste this again so I had to savor it.

 

Breakfast went normally well. Just a few conversations were brought up as we ate silently during the whole meal. To be honest, I didn't have any idea what he wanted to talk about. He was the one that kept initiating the flow of conversation between us. I had wanted to ask some things about him but it tend to get too personal. He might not want to answer them. We were from two different worlds so I didn't think we had something in common to talk about.

 

 "Where are you taking me next?" Jiyong asked as were exiting the diner.

 

"The cemetery," I looked up to see his reaction.

 

I didn't intend to take him with me today but somehow he would always find a way entering through the cracks of my wall. "I had planned on visiting my parents today," I continued.

 

He grabbed my hand and smiled, "Then I'm coming, I want to meet them."

 

"You would?" I was caught by surprise that he was willing to visit their grave with me. My eyes then went to our intertwined fingers. His hands were a bit calloused but it felt as if his hand was meant to fit mine. It was warm and welcoming.

 

"Of course, I would." He tightened his grip, reassuring me that he was there for me. My dad would have probably liked him. I smiled to myself; nobody held my hand this way before.

 

We walked all the way to the cemetery since it was just a few blocks away. We made a quick stop by a flower shop to buy a dozen of fresh lilies for my parents. Gran didn't have work today since their shop was closed for the holidays. We weren't able to get flowers from the shop where she worked.

 

Jiyong never let go of my hand as we walked the quiet streets of the neighborhood. He seemed comfortable reaching out for my hand every time I had to let go when it was necessary. It was unusual for him to be acting like he had feelings for me. But I couldn't help that it felt rather calming to have him hold my hand like that. Another boundary had been overstepped. But then, I was guilty because I yearned for it.

 

I probably wouldn't be able to fight it any longer if he would keep me dragging to a dead end. I didn't even know where I stood. Would I let him use me like this? Or was this beyond something else? I mentally shook my head. Dwelling into it would only heighten my expectations.

 

Placing the flowers onto their tombstone, I picked some of the dried leaves that had fallen from the trees around. I felt tears had threatened to come out but I held it in since Pierce was just standing behind me.

 

Too shy to voice out my thoughts with Jiyong around, I held it in. I suddenly saw him stepped forward and knelt down to face them.

 

"Hi Mr. and Mrs. Park, my name is Jiyong and I'm here with Sandara today. It's a pleasure to finally meet you." He looked up to me and grinned, making my heart melt from the unexpectedly sweet gesture.

 

Oh, Jiyong. What have you done?

 

I just gazed at him in astonishment as I was rendered speechless.

 

He then continued, "Don't worry about her. She's in good hands with me."

 

My heart went ballistic against my ribcage from his gentle words. I didn't know what came over me but I panicked, "Jiyong, what are you doing?" I hissed, not meaning to sound harsh.

 

This felt rather differently from the words I had said to Mr. Kwon. I meant it as a favor to a very good friend when I told him I would take care of Jiyong for him. But from Jiyong's mouth, it meant way deeper for him to be doing all of this for a friend.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter