One

The C.E.O
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The fall weather in Seoul City was beautiful today. The light breeze prickled my skin as I sat on a wooden bench. I was in a park which was just a block away from my apartment, staring into nothing in particular. The leaves had fallen onto the ground as the trees were getting ready for winter.

 

I had been trying to steal my thoughts away from what had happened the past week. A very well-respected man like Kwon Hyun Sang didn't deserve this. He was my boss and at the same time he was already like my father. I had worked for him as his personal assistant for the past three years. Never had I encountered a hard time working for him. He was always so cheery and full of life. He may lose his temper at times but he never failed to apologize right after he had cooled down. I didn't blame him though; he was after all the CEO of Kwon Corporation. The pressure from running a business successfully was his responsibility.

 

Kwon Corporation was one of the biggest companies in the hotel industry. They had a number of hotels all around the world with exceptional building structure and first class services were offered. I had never been to any of them except for the one that was located here in Seoul, Korea. The place was beyond spectacular if you asked me.

 

I was never the type to own or live much in luxury since my parents had left me at the age of sixteen. I had lived an ordinary life during my childhood days. We didn't have much but I was contented because I had my own perfect family. We had each other. We were happy.

 

At twenty-three years old, I had been living on my own. I had stayed with my grandmother until I graduated from high school. After graduation, I had packed all of my things up to find a job opportunity in Seoul. I was already of legal age so I tried supporting myself from then on. I still visited my grandmother from time to time especially during the holidays. I knew that I shouldn't have left her behind since she was the only family I had but I couldn't live off of my grandmother for the rest of my life.

 

Kwon Hyun Sang found me three years ago. It was around a year and a half after I left for Seoul. That day, I woke up early to dress myself into corporate attire. I wanted a change of scene from waiting tables. So, I decided to submit applications to a number of companies that were in need of a rank and file employee.

 

Kwon Corporation was my fifth stop that day. My feet began to hurt when I walked in heels all morning trying to impress everyone. I was also smiling too much as my cheeks started to ache from greeting a lot of people who worked inside the building. I was exhausted. There was no way these people were going to hire me. I thought sourly. I was on the verge of giving up but I kept moving forward. I dragged my feet onto the tiled floor without really looking to where I was going until I bumped into someone.

 

The force made me lose a step and wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter