Chapter 9: About Last Night

My Name is Sandara Park

 In my room

Park Bom.. Why did you leave me there? I sound so low. I've lost all my energy not knowing what truely happened.  She could be making up stories for all I care. Daraya.. trust me, I tried.. I was so drunk too.. I couldn't even walk properly on my way back and besides, her room is so much bigger.  She added. That's not the point Bom.. I reacted desperately.

 

Dara.. Is there something wrong? What happened? Bom walked towards me and covered me with her warm embrace. I just.. didn't know what happened.. I totally out.. Bommie must be pretty confused right now.  I couldn't even explain myself properly to her. I think there's nothing wrong with sleeping in her room, right? Bom muttered. "Yes Bom... there is." I said to myself. She wouldn't even understand the situation I am in right now.

 

But, you're friends right? You both seems close last night so I figured, its okay. Dara.  Bom responded. I silence myself in defeat. I couldn't even explain to Bom my relationship with Chaerin. I don't even know if we have one. "This is just getting worse everyday. The first was the hug, then the kiss and now this. Why is this even happening to me?  I could hear my heart beating fast as Chaerin invaded my chain of thoughts again. 

 

Flash back earlier 

After I saw the eye tattoo, I just realized who the person was lying in bed with me.

 

Aaaahhhhh!!!!!..

 

I pulled the bed sheet up.. wrapped it to my body and tried to get up, but my foot got caught in the folds then I stumbled, fell down, head-on towards the floor.

 

Aarggh!!.. 

 

What's going on? Chaerin woke up from the rumbling sound I have just made. I found myself mesmerized as she tried to get up, resting her elbow to the mattress while the sun's rays were gracing her blonde soft hair and smooth glowing skin. Why do I even find her beautiful in this state?  This must be how celebrity looked like in the morning. Suddenly, she bursted out laughing at me.

 

Yaaahh, Why are you laughing? I uttered confusely. You are so funny Dara unnie. What's so funny about me? Good thing she's still calling me unnie, I guess nothing happened. She moved forward on the bed and the bed sheet covering her chest fell off. Oww my gahd ies!! What the heck? Why do I have to see those early in the morning? I was forced to look down on the floor while pinching my nose bridge between my thumb and index finger.

 

HAHAHAHA!!! Chaerin just broke down laughing in bed again. Stop it Dara or you're going to kill me in no time. She added. 

 

Why are you sleeping without clothes on? I'm not sure why I am even bothered with her being half in bed.  I've seen a lot of these at work. "C'mon Dara."  I tried pushing away the maliscious thoughts ruining my inner peace early in the morning.  This might be very awkward to anyone butshe seemed at ease somehow talking to me in this state. She got off from bed and took a loose shirt out from the drawer, wore it then sat in the edge of the bed cross-legged in front of me. It's just the way I am.  I guess there's nothing wrong with that.  

 

It just came to me., I checked myself out and was relieved that I was fully clothed. I sighed in relief. "Wait, what the heck?" b..b.. but,  these aren't my clothes last night. I blurted out right away.

 

You are supposed to thank me Darong then she chuckled. Thank you? For what? I responded. OkayYou were so drunk that you went running around in circles.. you're really crazy.. then you passed out. When Bom left, I tried moving you to bed.. but you woke up.. then, you puked on me.. and to yourself.. so I had no choice but to bring you to the bathroom..

 

You what?!? I exclaimed.

 

What am I supposed to do? You smelled so bad.. I mean both of us did.. then you know.. she added.

 

"You know," what?!? I responded quickly.

 

Geeez.. relax.. I am still a .. nothing happened.. HAHAHAHA.. 

 

I'm not quite sure if she's telling the truth or she's just making fun of me. Why do I always feel like an idiot whenever I'm with her. I threw the rilakkumas on her then started picking up my stuff including my handy cam that sat on the coffee table then left. I feel like walking out of the scene after a one night stand.

 

I will see you later Darong.. Chaerin blabbed while waving her hand goodbye with her aegyo..

End of Flashback

 

We were packing our bags when I noticed my handy cam and got curious. Hmmm, Bom carried this last night.. I tried pressing the power on but its fully drained. We continued packing and went straight to the airport.

 

At Gimpo airport

Touched down and we landed safely. 

 

1 Message received:

From: Kwon Jiyong

Jagiya, I'm here at the exit.. wearing a  black and white camouflage-print jacket with a black cap. 

 

"He's here.. it feels like I haven't seen him in months.. what's with me anyway.. I'm feeling a bit anxious." Actually, Jjangmae didn't give us a heads up of the activities.. I was assuming they will give us a day off today.

 

​​​​​To: Kwon Jiyong

Okay, I'm just waiting for my luggage. 

Message sent

 

As we were nearing the exit.. I saw Jiyong from afar.. I waved at him and started to move away from the group but.. Where do you think you're going? "What the?" Chaerin's hand came suddenly grabbed mine and pulled me back to the group. We have a schedule to follow.. Didn't you get an update from Jjangmae? 

 

Schedule? No, I didn't..

 

Yes he did, but I guess you weren't there.. Maybe you were still packing your things in your room. I can see Jiyong's face completely puzzled as I was walking away from his direction. So, I just gave him an apology hand gesture for my mistake. Right after we got into the van. 

 

To: Kwon Jiyong 

I'm sorry Ji, I didn't get the schedule in time. I hope to see you tonight though. 

Message sent

 

At the YGE building 

YG was inside the conference room when we all arrived. How was your 7-day getaway trip? YG asked us.

 

Great!!! The group responded in unison.

 

We are about to launch the first episode in a couple of weeks. So, we are pumping up your schedule with presscon, TV ads and social media campaign.  We have noticed that one of you really stood out last week. We were already evaluating your performance from day 1. Its best that you will know this in advance so that all of you will really strive next time. 

 

Sandara Park. You really looked good on camera even on different angles. Everyone was eyeing on me right away especially Minzy and its kind of creeping me out. Minzy Gong is one of the feared contestant in the team. She's really good with what she does. Character wise, shes very competitive but shes totally hot tempered, that's why I didn't even made any attempt to get on her way during the activities. But,this is really awkward. I didn't even do anything last week, why would I even get a special mention.

 

Ratings is everything on TV that's when we know we are getting the results that we wanted. With the drowning incident happened the other day.. I think it will highten interest of viewers if we are to include that as well. "Oh .. that was recorded.. I'm not even sure what happened and now the whole country will know." Please coordinate with Jjangmae for your schedule this week. Dara will likely get the most air time. We all have our chances to shine so I am encouraging each and everyone to do their part well in the show. Do your best at all times. Good day. YG finally ended the meeting.

 

​​​​​Since I had the most full schedule, I was the one left behind  with Jjangmae and was even the last one to exit the conference room. I grabbed my clutch bag and started to walk towards the exit but then, somebody just grabbed the collar of my jacket and shove me to the wall. Nice move kiss . Your dirty tactics won't last that long, you know. Minzy uttered with disgust. If I were you, you better quit while you still can. Then she released her tight grip on me then tapped my shoulder. You watch your back next time, okay? She just walked away after. Bullying me, huh. I scoffed.  I'm not new to that. I've been bullied a lot before even during my younger years. They simply lack attention and love. But, most of the time they're just unhappy. I went home and completely disregarded the incident.

 

In my dorm

Jiyong knew of the YG meeting and that I'll be coming home late. I'm so dead beat tired. As I opened the door, I noticed that it was dark.. maybe Bom isn't home yet.. then I opened it wider.. Ow..I was surprised.. There were candles on the floor leading to the tub.. as I looked further. The bath tub was surrounded with scented candle and  filled with rose petals. Jiyong suddenly appeared behind the bathroom door while holding a bouquet of red roses and a wine on the his other hand.

 

Welcome home Dara. I know you are tired. He walked straight towards me and kissed me. He helped me with the luggage..  then massaged my back.

 

Thanks Ji.. I'm really surprised and happy right now. I placed my hand bag in bed as I remove my clothes and saw the head of the handy cam popped up from my bag.  It got me really curious of the footage since this morning. So, I plugged in the power cord and press the power to open. I played the video Bom took.. and move the tracker at high speed just to review but then I slowed down at the end part.

 

My eyes grew big as I couldn't seem to believe what I am seeing. Then, Jiyong came to me from behind, then kissed the back of my neck. Let's go to the tub Dara. Jiyong requested.

 

 I.. I'm so sorry.. Ji..

 

I can't.. I just can't..

 

..then my eyes started to well up.