Chapter 31: Baddest Lover

My Name is Sandara Park

“What you think is who you become” 

                                                                       - _harinlee

 

It's been a while since I could breath easily.. life has been quite a topsy-turvy for me. But, unexpected things happened when you leased expected it.  Now, I'm back working with peaceminusone and here's the thing, Chaerin went radio silent on me. Must be her work.. but I'm missing her so bad. 

 

Flash back a week before

Wake up Dara.. we're here. Chaerin woke me up. Our ride stopped at the foot of the.. Hmmm. Here where? I looked around and all I see are trees.. green trees.. trees everywhere. We're in the mountain side surrounded by thick green forest. Are we going camping? Why did Chaerin bring me here? Why? Do you want to? I didn't expect this at all. No. I responded abruptly. We flew to Japan the day after Chaerin proposed to me. I thought we were going somewhere sunny, like Hawaii, where sand and sun go hand in hand. My dream of lying in the beach enjoying the heat was totally ruined.

 

Com'n walk with me Dara unnie..

 

Really? unnie? 

 

Faster.. or do you prefer an Ajumma.. 


Moments later. Ughh.. What the heck Chaerinnie.. this is not walking.. this is more like hiking. My feet hurts, and my knees were wobbling. We've been walking like for an hour.

 

At first, it was just smooth and easy but minutes later, the trail became so steep that I could feel my knees would touch my chin for every step I take. My breathing grew heavy and my sweat were flowing excessively. Are we there yet? The Lee sisters just laughed at me.. Harin tag along together with CL's suicide squad group of friends. I didn't catch all their names but one stood out for me, Bajowoo. He's a Korean Fashion designer who gained fame in an international scale. He's quite unique and weird guy. He's wearing ripped face mask with a dark and messy eyeliner and blonde dyed colored hair which reminds me of Jiyong when he's gone all out fashion freak.

 

AJUMMA!!! YOU'RE AGE IS CATCHING UP ON YOU!! HURRY UP!!! Chaerin yelled from a far. Oh, yeah.. yeah.. I was trying to catch my breath. I couldn't almost see them, they were already far away in the trail. I took a minute break and I didn't notice that Bajo was also left behind. Dara'ssi.. 

 

Yeah.. I was heavily panting. Do you want me to carry you?  If only it is possible, why not.. Nahh, I can still walk. I just needed some rest. Bajo caught up with me. I'm just wondering why CL never mentioned you before.. He asked. Oh, really? I'm curious myself.. I think we should ask her instead. He's got a curious eye towards us but CL and I were pretty much secretive of what we have, whether people will doubt that we are a couple, we just let things be.. We don't deny nor confirm any news leaks about us. As far as we know, only the common close relatives and friends were aware of our status. Ahhm, I was thinking if you would be free to have dinner with us tonight?  He asked. The squad are quite interested to know you better.  He added. Bajo'ssi..Thanks but if Chaerin would..

 

What are you doing back here? Chaerin suddenly appeared from no where. She looked at Bajowoo intently. Nothing CL, we were just resting and a little chat from your cute friend. Then he released a devious smirk beneath that ripped mask he's wearing. ​​​​​I've never seen Chaerin with that look on her face before. I'm not quite sure but it seems like she's worried Bajo would say something to me. Yeah, my knees were already shaking Chaerinna..

 

Do you want me to carry you? She retorted. My eyes went wide after hearing what she said and so as Bajo. Keep dreaming girl.. then she slapped my head lightly. Hurry up now, you don't want to spend all your time around here, right? She help me pulled myself up. I'm good Chaerinnie.. Let's go. Chae controlled her pace and didn't leave my side until we have reached the peak of the mountain.

 

The view from the top was very exhilirating. Do you like it? Chaerin asked. Yeah, so much.. I replied while taking in all the beautiful scenery around me. What did you two talk about?
 

Oh, about that.. Bajo asked me out for a dinner..

 

WHAT?! I giggled slighlty at her reaction.. No, it's a dinner with friends.

 

When?

 

He said tonight..

 

Hmmm..

 

Aren't you going to tell them about us?

 

Do you want me to? Chaerin looked at me in the eye seeking for my approval in every decision she makes.  It's not that, I was just.. I'm hesitating to tell her my true motives. I'm tired of keeping secrets especially when we're around friends. I want to hug you right now. She pulled me towards her. What's wrong with you Darong? Then, she hugged me from behind and latched her head on my shoulder. It's too soon. But, I will tell them eventually, you know. She replied solemnly.

 

That's weird.. why do I feel like she's hiding something from me. I shook the idea off in my head. There's no space for doubting her right now after all we've been through. I squeezed her arm wrapped on my waistline.

 

Chae.. how rich and powerful are you? I asked.

 

What do you mean?

 

Can you call out a chopper to pick us up.. My knees are giving up on me. Chaerin broke down in laughter and slapped my head lightly. You're crazy Darong.. There's a cabin here if you wanna stay..

 

 

Shibuya, Tokyo

We were back in our hotel in the city. Get up Darong.. Let's take a shower together. Chaerin asked. No.. my body is all sore.. I can't even move my feet. Then, I saw Chaerin phone rang by the bed. Who is it? She was still in the shower taking her time washing up. It's Soo Joo Park.. Should I answer it?

 

No, let me. She took the phone away and answered the call inside the bathroom. Minutes later she was all dress up with full make up on. Com'on Dara let's go out and have some fun tonight. Chaerin begged. Is she serious? I could barely even walk. I was so tired after the hike and now I'm being dragged to a party. Soo Joo, one of the member of the CL's suicide squad team, invited us for a launch party. She's playing the turntables tonight and I bet CL don't wanna miss that.

 

CL you came.. Hi Dara.. Soo Joo greeted us with hugs and kisses then we were led inside a small exclusive club and looks like the attendees were mostly celebrities and big shots.  I feel like I'm under dress but not CL of course. She's wearing a combination of  AMBUSH metallic leather chain halter top, a knitted cashmere scarf and a black stretch wide-leg pants matched with Troopista platform boots. 

 

This was my first time going out in a club with her.  I've only seen her in photos on Instagram. Aside from that, I know she's a very hard working woman spending most of her days in the studio, recording music and doing photoshoot for commercials. If people will only see her from the shell, one can never tell who she really is. Drinks were flowing pretty generously, I held my cocktail drink while sipping it sparingly as CL was busy talking to Soo Joo up front. It seems like she's going to perform tonight. There was a small stage and a.. dancing pole? What kind of club is this anyway?

 

You're here Sandara Park.. Bajowoo approached me from behind. Are you alone?  He added. I just pointed my finger towards Chaerin's direction. Oh, is she going to perform? I bet you haven't seen CL's other side yet? What does that even mean? Other side? You mean the baddest female image thing that she's flashing on screen?

 

Haha.. yeah.. maybe.. I guess we'll just wait and see. Bajo replied slyly.

 

House music was pumping loud in the speakers and I could barely hear Bajo stories as he tried to accompany me since CL is a bit busy. But, what really bothers me is what he just said a while ago. I mean, CL is known for that image. Ugh, what seem to be the big deal out of it. I was getting a little tipsy from my drinks, I wonder until when are we going to stay up here. Suddenly, the lights went out and I heard a familiar song playing in the background. I could see some dancers in position on the stage. Then, I heard CL's voice.

 

SET THEM ON FIRE..

 

 

Oh my God.. what the? Is that her?