Chapter 43: Nothing Last Forever Part 1

My Name is Sandara Park

"In the end, I got only two choices.. I have to leave.. she has to live."

 

In my apartment in Seoul

The summer just ended as I felt the warm breeze fading away and it's been 5 months since I left Chae. I'm not sure of who's who to blame. I don't know what has become of us because she never talked to me since then. Maybe she's still mad at me or worse, she doesn't care about me anymore. I know what I did. I've been a fool before but this time, I'm quite sure I did the right thing.

 

I'm home, back in Seoul.. building myself again. It wasn't that easy as I thought it would be. Good thing, I still have my family and friends with me. It's quite a surprise that I have made something out on my own. I have put up a small studio with around 10 people working under me. It's a fresh start, it took me months to totally get a grip of reality that I'm living on my own.

 

Park Bom has always been there for me. I was so devastated and broken when I got back from L.A. It took me quite a while to adjust to the life without Chae. But Bom never gave up on me. I eventually got in to YGE since Minzy didn't renew her contract.. took her placed and was in charge for styling YGE's new girl group that they're about to debut. I was a bit thankful enough though that despite with the bad history between us YG still took me in. He loves my work output but not my attitude. I certainly agree to that.

 

On the other hand, Kwon Jiyong is doing pretty well. I did some collaborative work designs with him and he's quite busy building up his own company as well. Nevertheless, he started dating again but mostly Japanese fashion models that he had worked with. We hang out once in a while. He even introduced me to some people in the industry so I could get the exposure I needed in the business.

 

Things were getting pretty normal around me. Everyone seem to get their lives back on track except for me, I guess. I still miss her. I'm still hoping that.. Santokki, stop doing that? Bom just caught me staring at the my wedding ring again. When are you going to remove that. You know you're not suppose to wear that. Park Bom is right. I took a deep sigh, but I couldn't seem to find the courage to remove it though. Chaerin has been a huge part of me. I gave up almost everything for her. 

 

Are you going for the gala tonight? Bom asked. I almost forgot, YGE is holding a fundraiser campaign to benefit the selected deaf communities in Seoul. I don't know Bom.. I don't have someone to go with me. Although, I could rarely see Bom these days. I guess she's dating now but she hasn't told me anything yet. I'll go with you. I will be your date. Oh, that's cute. No, don't be silly Bom'ah. I guess I'll stay home tonight. Career wise, I know it would be beneficial for me to go but I simply don't have the energy to do so. No, you won't. Why is she so persistent? Alright, hook me up Bom with one of your "fashion people" friends. Well, that was spontaneous of me. That's my girl. Bom left with a promise that someone will be picking me up for the party.

 

Moments later

I was walking my way out of the building wearing my white lace see-through dress when.. what the? Good evening Sandara Park'ssi.. uhm.. unnie.. my name is Hyoni Kang.. So, Bommie sent me a girl? And she's supposed to be my date? I know who you are. Hyoni is a rising international supermodel, a young and talented YGE artist. I don't want to get things awkward between us and since I'm a senior I took the initiative to open up a conversation. I have worked with you before, you were one of the models during my summer collection fashion show in Itaewon, right? I guess I don't need to be choosy. I mean, it's better this way, I supposed. Yes, it's nice of you to remember but I hope you don't mind. I didn't realized what she just said until she pointed out the obvious. She only brought a scooter with her to the gala. Hah, this is first. No, I don't, I love it.

 

It feels liberating riding in motorcycle wearing a helmet and a visor as I outstretched my arm to feel the cold breeze touching on my fingertips while driving along the length of Han river highway. Why are we going so slow Hyoni'ssi? Unlike before, I've managed to tone down some of my phobias. I'm trying new things as much as I can. I'll never know.. this could be my last. Well, it's my first time to have a a famous woman backriding on my scooter. Hyoni mumbled. Oh, famous? I've known you from before, when you were still a supermodel and followed you ever since. She added. Oh great Bommie, she got me a fan for a date.

 

At the Gala Night

We got to the the venue in time. As usual, there were paparazzi, media people with cameras around. I skip the red carpet and left Hyoni alone as I found my way at the back greeting some colleagues of mine and I saw Jiyong in the crowd as well. He managed to wave a hand and smile as I proceeded to my seat. Suddenly, Hyoni pulled my hand. Dara unnie. Don't you worry, I will protect you. I frown with the thought. Huh? What for? What's she up to this time? Dara unnie, please don't get mad. 

 

May we call on our next guest Ms. Sandara Park.. Please come up on stage.. What the? The MC just called my name. I looked around and saw Bommie sitting next to a very handsome guy grinning from ear to ear. What's going on here Bommie? I know Hyoni couldn't pull this thing off alone. As I was on my way up to the stage, it just hit on me. This is a fundraising event.. no wait.. am I going to be auctioned? Hyoni? I turned my head around and throw a very sharp glare to the girl sitting next to my chair. But then, she's mouthing something.. Bommie? You got to be kidding me. Then my phone beeped.

 

1 Message Received:

From: Hyoni Kang

It wasn't me Dara unnie..

I saw your name in the list..

And Bom said you'll sell big tonight..

 

Really now.. I turned my head to her direction but she's already gone. Now, where did she go? I seemed to be running out of option but just to go with it. I couldn't understand anything what the auctioneer was saying as his chant were so fast and there are actually people in the audience who seemed to be excited and applauded as the auction begun.

 

For starters, who would go with $10 000. Hyoni quickly raised her card. Oh we have 15.. 16.. no give me 20 thousand dollars.. twenty thousand more.. The auctioneer went on until he ended up with a hundred fifty thousand dollars. Why would someone be spending so much for a date? I tried focusing my sight to the man who raised for that amount. Oh God, I face palm myself. Please don't let it be him. The guy is in his late 50s.. ugh.. more like a sugar daddy. He's very much excited as no one in the crowd was up for the challenge. I was looking at Hyoni who is now scared to raise her number card. Oh com'n. Bommie.. where are you? I'm really gonna kill you this time. Jiyong? Someone please.. I'm getting pretty nervous..  I can't believe I'm in this spot right now.

 

Going once..

 

Going twice.. I held my breath as I closed my eyes shut waiting for the final pounding of the gavel.

 

Five hundred thousand dollars. A distinctive low tone female voice stood in the crowd. Everyone was stricken that a woman bid for such a huge amount for me. Sold to the woman from table number 13 for $500 000. A round of applause everyone. What now? What am I going to do?

 

I slowly descended on stage but then.. I find it hard to breathe while my eyes were blurry due to the building up of fluids that I've tried to hold back upon seeing the woman who bought me unraveling as she stood right up from her seat, walked towards me and grabbed my arm. She's wearing a black trumpet sleeve dress by ALYX and dyed her hair with shades of silver grey; she looked so chic with it. Wait? Does Bommie knew about this? I guess you're mine for tonight. She uttered softly as I was caught speechless in response. Follow me. I was forced to follow her as she hurled me towards the back. 

 

Are you insane? Are you planning to expose us? I simply lost it. Why would she even pull up a stunt like this? So what if they think we're lesbians? I was completely dumbstruck hearing her words out. And besides you allowed Hyoni to bid for you? And not me? Chaerin retorted. What in the world?.. No, I'm not going to argue with you about this. I'm leaving..

 

No, you're not.. I paid for you big time. She tightened her grip on my arm. I'll meet with you once I'm done with everything here. Hwangssabu came from behind then secured me to her limo. Where are we going? No one seemed to care about me as I didn't get any answer from anyone in the car neither.

 

After a while.. Oh great.. she knows I can't swim.

 

1 Message Received:

From: My Baby Rin

I've placed a safety nets in all sides.

Don't worry you won't fall off again.

 

I took a deep sigh and puff air into my cheeks as I mount to her private yacht. I got bored of waiting and toured myself around and met the boat crew along the way. But when I got myself into the stern of the boat while looking at the waves, I lost myself in deep thoughts.

 

Few months ago

I'm so sorry to ask you this Dara but it seemed like CL won't listen to me. Jjangmae mumbled. He came to me in private asking for some help on Chae. There seem to be a video leak of us hugging and kissing in the beach and now paparazzi are on her tail most of the time. We have managed to control the leak but still, people will get suspicious that you and CL are living together and as her manager, this isn't good for her image. You know that right? I mean not yet. This isn't the right time for that.  I do hope you understand. He added. I get his point. CL is about to debut and I can't be in her way. 

 

What do you want me to do? Does CL knows about this?

 

Present

I can see you're still wearing the ring.

 

Oh .. you scared the out of me, Chae. I covered my ring finger right away with my other hand but then I realized how useless it was plus I'm sea sick thus my hands flew instantly to the railings and grabbed on it tight. Dara.. Chaerin came walking from behind as she secured me in between her arms passing through my waist and anchored in the railings. I miss you so much babe. Chaerin whispered softly to my ear. Then, managed to deposit her head in the nook of my shoulder and rubbed her thumb on my ring.

 

Well, I.. I.. .. I'm stuttering. I was caught off guard as I'm not sure what to say. But then, I just noticed the ring in her finger as well. You shouldn't be wearing that too, you know. A pang of pain spread across her face.

 

Few months ago

No, you can't ask me to do that, it will break her. Honestly, it will break us both. It's only been weeks since we got married and now this.  Why can't I just be with her plain and simple? Ugh, damn this.. why do I have to ask when I already know the answer. Dara, it's for her own good. You need to go away for awhile.  Huh? For how long? News and scandals will eventually break away unless we do something about it. You just can't stay here with her.  Jjangmae made a lot of effort for this. If only there's another way. ButI still need to talk to her. He frowned over my response. I've already told you, she's just so stubborn as a bull. She won't listen. Jjangmae seems desperate.

 

So you're saying..  I don't have a choice? 

 

 

 

 

A/N: This was supposedly my last chap but I decided to break it into two.. hope you'll enjoy reading this subtle update. Til next time.