Chapter 6: I'm Sorry

My Name is Sandara Park

In my room

I didn't get enough sleep last night. I'm anxious... It's my turn to be with her but damn these raccoon eyes. I tapped my finger over the darkened area under my eyes while looking at myself in front of the mirror but then, I caught a glimpse on my lips. Oh God, last night was awkward.

 

Flashback last night

I stood frozen and so was she. I don't know who pushed who first but we were far away from each other just seconds after the encounter. I could see her mirroring my reaction as well. We were both shocked. But, I tried to regain my composure. What was that? I asked. You tell me, you were the one who kissed me.. She replied defensively while catching her breath, bending over and holding both her knees from shaking. No, I didnt.. I responded quickly.Yes, you did.. I was just walking behind you.. then you.. she said adamantly.

 

Okay stop.. I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to.. it was just.. never mind.. it's nothing but an accident, alright? I said out loud. Yeah.. I think we can both relax now huh? she murmured. Yeah, I think so.  I went near her and tried to calm her down as I patted her back lightly. Then, suddenly, I could hear her  laughing so hard.. her laugh was so infectious that it got me laughing my heart out as well. She stood up.. flashed her branded eye smile and swung her arm across my shoulder.. Let's go back Dara..

End of Flashback

 

Pull yourself together Dara. I was not done yet fixing myself infront of the mirror but then, the increasing anxiety had cause me to tap my index finger  with each other.  Its my one-on-one schedule today with CL, the baddest female, and I had to submit video recording to the PD. Geez.. I took out the handy cam out from my bag and start recording:

 

Ugh, this is it. Good day, this is Dara TV.. ahhh.. what to do.. ehemm.. its already passed 12. I spoke while pointing the camera at the wall clock. I'm about to go to CL's room. Its my schedule today and I'm not quite sure what to do.. fighting.. I can do this.. byung. That was so totally lame. I have to be more determined than that.. 

 

Again.. I grabbed my comb on the table and held it near my mouth like microphone. Take 2 ehem.. uhmm..

 

This... is....DJ....Daraaaa.. yeah yeah yow *posing like a hip hopper. Ay.. yo! cut.. byung.. I played the replay button. Geeez.. I looked so pathetic with the dancing.. I gave up filming myself an intro and went ahead. Here goes. I pushed the record button again and pointed the lens towards me. We're about to enter CL's chamber.. brace yourself guys.. dudoong.. this is DJ Dara exclusive. I was about to knock, but the door was slightly open. Hello?! I said out loud but no one was answering, so, I let myself in.. and I was in awe with what I just saw.

  

Damn..this is huge.. I pointed the camera to all sides and corners in the room and realized how big it was. It has a reception area for guest, a minibar, small kitchen corner and dining area and there's a double door separating the bedroom from the rest of the suite. I helped myself and sat down over the white sofa in front of me. ..and she's not here.. I sighedJjangmae said she'll be here. I spoke with a little concern on my voice. I locked my heels while waiting for her to arrive but..

 

No.. Dara don't. My inner voice is telling me not to.. but my eyes were too focused and wondering what could be hidden behind that wooden door. Must be her bedroom.. are you guys all curious? Well, I am.. Shall we take a peek? Yes? No?  Ugh. will I get into trouble with this? My heart was pumping so fast as my hands were trembling as I open the door slowly. Wow.. its so white and clean.. My eyes were hooked to the camera monitor as I moved further inside. and oh, she have so many Rilakkumas... Ke..ke..ke. Well, this is new. The baddest fe.. I continued pointing the camera up on bed. Wait.. wait.. what the? asdfghjk.. Oh . I almost dropped the camera as I held my hands on my chest and found myself in an awkward position yet again while hiding myself at the foot of the bed with the Rilakkumas. What was that? She's here lying in bed and half . Oh God.. I'm in big trouble now. I put the camera down and tried to peek in. Ugh, what the hell? Why is she sleeping like that? What should I do? This is so wrong.. Its like I'm invading her privacy.. and if I get caught, she might think I'm a . I hit my own head for being so stupid.

 

CHAERINNAAAA!!!!!

 

Waking her up was the best option I could think of. It doesn't matter what she'll think of me but I can't carry the burden that somehow I walked in here like a thief. I remained in my position, cooped up in the foot of the bed, hugging one of the stuff toy beside me. ​​​​​​

 

Hhmmmnn, who is it? She groaned. 

 

Please put some clothes on. I pleaded. I heard her got off the bed and open the drawers but still, I remained in my position and shut my eyes close. Why are you here? Chaerin asked. I'm sorry Chaerinna.. It was all I could mumble in shame. My voice were shaking and my body was tensed. But then, I felt her grip tightly locked on my arms as she pulled me up straight to a standing position so close to her that I could even feel the air she breathes in front of me. But, when I saw her lips again in broad daylight then my face turned beet red. I struggled away from her grip and turned my back on her so she wouldn't see me so flushed. What's wrong with me?

 

Im sorry Chae, I thought no one was inside and I was tempted to look around while taking a video footage for the show. This is my first time talking and explaining to someone on my back and not facing up front. I'm such an impolite imbecile. I was waiting and waiting for a violent reaction but I felt her arms.. her hands embraced me from behind and squeezed me tight. Good morning Dara unnie!! I guess she's not mad with the whole thing. Well, that's a relief. I sighed. But, I am really not sure with this hug though.. but maybe this is her normal greetings to friends and we are friends, right? 

 

It's afternoon already Chae. I think you overslept.. I replied. Oh, really. I had a good night sleep. Are you ready for the day? She added then released me from the hug. She took a piece of paper from the table and handed it over to me. This is my schedule for the month.. like the other contestants, I have asked them the same thing and that is to prepare for my outfits for the events specified in that list.. when we get back to the city, all of you will be presenting it infront of the judges. She explained. 

 

Are you one of them? uhm.. the judges, I mean. I asked.

 

What do you think? Oh great, she replied my question with a question too. Well, get your stuff ready.. we're going out. She cut me out before I could even open my mouth to respond. We went out and made it to the dock. What the hell are we doing here? I just realized we're heading towards a yacht. I followed her meekly from behind but when we got to the ladder. What's wrong? Chaerin ask curiously. I felt my  knees were shaking uncontrollably. I was hesitating to go upUhmm.. I don't know how to swim.. I responded. You can use a life vest don't worry.. She answered reassuringly. She walked towards me then grabbed my arm and.. yes.. I was on board wearing a vest. 

 

At the sea..

We were out in the sea.. there's huge wave and smaller ones but still it got me a little sea sick but I was trying hard not to show it. So, we were sitting on the deck. ​What do you want to do? She asked. I was wondering if I can take your measurements.. its just for my baseline.. I said. Do I need to remove all my clothes? She asked. Ughh.. I choked at her question as the image of her earlier in bed flashed in my head. No.. no.. you don't have to.   

 

She was standing straight up as I went near her. I pulled my tape measure out from my bag and started to stretch it over her shoulder. I don't know how she could handle her balance but the movement of the boat really triggered my guts to go nuts and Wait.. wait.. I cant .. urrrghh.. I went to the side railings and puke at the hull of the boat. She looked at me with so much  concern in her eyes and went inside the boat. I tried cleaning myself up then suddenly she was  infront of me with a medicine in her hand. 

 

Thanks.. how thoughtful of you.. I muttered without reservation. Water. I added. Oh, I forgot..just a sec. She said softly. She went back into the cabin. Then, I looked at the meds in my hand and tear the foil open but suddenly it slipped off from my fingers and fell under the table. I tried reaching it out but I can't bend much further because of the vest and the small space underneath it. Well, it wouldn't hurt much if I will remove the vest for awhile.

 

​​​​​There!!.. argg.. just a little.. I got it.. I stood up but it was so fast as I lost my balance. The boat tilted abruptly after a huge wave slapped on the side. I can see Chaerin's face and looked like she's shouting but the next thing I know I was in the water.. I tried to paddle myself up but I was sinking so fast. I can taste seawater on my mouth, I was forced to swallow some while I struggled in the water. But more and more seawater was slapping at my face into my nostrils.

 

I heard  a splash from a far. Some men were shouting but my body is sinking. I can't move. I can't control my feet nor my hands.

 

​​My vision is getting blurry and fuzzy.. I can't breathe.. then everything we