Chapter 3: Project Runway

My Name is Sandara Park

 At the Cafe

1 message received..

From: Kwon Jiyong

Where are you Dara? I'm in your place right now.

 

It's already been a week after the fashion event with CL. I came to the Café almost every day just to catch her but to my dismay, she no longer works here. Now, the situation keeps puzzling me, as to why she pretended to be a waitress. Is it possible she was stalking me? Hahahaha... I couldn't help but chuckle with my overrated imaginations.

 

To: Kwon Jiyong

I'm in the café.. come over here.

Message sent..

 

Jiyong was quite surprised of what happened last week as well. He wasn't expecting me to be one of the guest since only VIPs were invited. I tried to explain the details to Jiyong and Bom but both end up laughing at my ridiculous story. Even I wouldn't believe myself either. Who would have thought CL would do such a thing in the first place. Jiyong just arrived in the café and sat beside me. He's on his casual look wearing denim jeans and jacket with white shirt and a black bonnet.

 

I've got news for you Dara, wanna hear it? He looked excited enough to open the topic. Nope, not from you.. no. I simply responded sarcastically. The last time I recall, I was in the gossip news for days because of you. I uttered annoyingly.My notifications skyrocketed, full of bashing and hate messages, just because of our pictures during the fashion event. I was even trending in Naver for days and I am not even a celebrity. Yeah, I know. I'm sorry.. but anyways, Dad just closed the deal with the Project Runway TV show with YGE.. he added expectantly. Oh, congratulations? What about it? I asked. Nahh, I was wondering if you’re interested to join.. I mean, I could help in recommen..

 

No, thanks.. I suddenly interrupted him. Looks like my pride is talking back again. Oh, okay.. That was his only response and we were silent for a minute or two. Hey, I don’t want to disappoint you Ji... but you know. I tried to explain further. Yeah, I know.. no worries. I'm cool. But, I have to go.. I am needed right now in the office. Jiyong murmured while looking at his phone responding to some messages. I know he's hurt.. he didn't even talk much nor smile either. We've been together for four long years and until now, Jiyong doesn't seem to grasp how my pride works. 

 

After a while..

Park Bom just came in the café, I waved my hands from afar trying to get her attention. Daraya.. I'm hungry.. Park Bom is always hungry. Usually, we don't eat outside and most of the time BOM cooks for us but this time is my treat. On the contrary, I know nothing about cooking except for ramen. Wait, we'll order something.. oh what is this? I just received an email from YGE. 

 

1 Email Received.

From: [email protected]

Dear Dara,

 

We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected as one of the candidates for our new TV show Project Runway to be aired next month. We would like to discuss in further details with you at your most convenient time.

 

Kindly drop by at the office as soon as possible.

 

Congratulations and welcome to the team!

 

Project Runway? Really? Did Ji push this without my consent? I said out loud surprising Bom and after reading the email. I was confused, furious or even mad at the thought that Jiyong could be behind this. Relax Dara.. I think it’s legit.. Jiyong wouldn't do such a thing to you.. You should cut him some slack. Bom defended him as usual. But if he's not behind this, who could it be? I didn't apply for any job opening yet. Come to think of it, Bom is right.. maybe I'm being too stringent with him.  Now, what am I going to do?

​​​​​ 

 At Jiyong's Apartment 

I know he's upset when he left the café earlier and I promised myself to make up for him tonight.  Someone's keying the password lock by the door.. must be Jiyong.

 

Taaddaaa!!!  

 

Wow.. what a surprise..what brings you here? You never visit me not unless there’s something big going on with you.. Jiyong grumbled. Wow.. He knows me quite well. I do seldom visit his apartment. Now, I feel a little bad about it while doing my aegyo of tapping my index fingers together thingy. Yeah, I know. But, I'm going to cook something for you Ji.. I smiled widely. It's ramen time.. He replied while mocking me. Oh come on, my ramen isn't that bad. I whined. I hope I could get credit with the effort though but the truth is, Jiyong is fond of just watching me scrambling around in his kitchen. As I was preparing for the ramen.. Jiyong slipped his hands on my waist, hugged me from behind and placed his chin over the nook of my shoulder.

 

I'm sorry about earlier Jagiya. I didn't mean to impose.. He murmured. Hey, I will be accepting the offer.. I said abruptly. ​​​​​​What offer? He replied. The Project Runway.. I retorted. B..but I didn't.. He stopped in the middle looking so worried. I received an email from YGE.. I spoke softly. I've got nothing to do with it Dara.. He said defensively. Yeah, I know.. I chuckled at his reaction. And again, I feel like I'm a bit too harsh, pushing him to the edge.

 

Can you stay for the night? He asked me nicely. Even if I wanted to. I can't Ji. I need to be ready for tomorrow. I went home early as planned. Well, I need to prepare for the worst. This might be my biggest break for all I know.. but I'm still puzzled over the idea of who is behind this though.

 

At the YGE Office

Good morning Dara please take a seat.. My name is Jjangmae and I will be in charge for managing you while you are in the show. You can ask for any clarification while I am explaining to you the details of the project. Now, if you don't have any question, kindly follow me to the conference room. Jjangmae explained stiffly. There are like 4 of us in the room. Don't tell me they are all contestants as well? Oh, this is exciting. They were already in the middle of the discussion when I stepped in and in front was a man explaining the mechanics of the show.

 

You were personally handpicked by the Research staff with the highest regard and  recommendation from your schools where you have graduated. So, I was recommended by the school. I blushed deep inside. Not bad Daraya. I am quite sure that all of you have experienced being approached by a well-known celebrity these past few days. That was the first test.. Ahhh so I passed.. wait.. what? Well, that makes sense.. So she wasn't really stalking me after all. How crazy that would be?

 

This is like a documentary show hence you need to carry at least one handy cam with you at all cost. There will be an elimination period and whoever wins in this competition will be granted with a full contract from YGE and will have the chance to work under the YG artist as their stylist for a certain period of time.

 

Wow.. everyone was in awe. Each and every one must study and know everything about the featured artist and will take turns on personally knowing him/her clothing preferences for the casual wear, live or stage performance and even special events.. Ohhh.. That’s quite intimate.. Who could that be?

 

The guest celebrity for this show is... I was shocked when everyone turned their heads on me and suddenly I heard footsteps behind me. I started to feel uneasy and nervous as..

 

 

I turned around and saw CL was just inches away from me..