Chapter 5: The First Kiss?

My Name is Sandara Park

 Early morning run..

It was still dawn when I woke up. I put my sneakers on and decided for quick run. Silently, I snuck through the hallway and heard a faint shrieking sound of the door. I stopped and looked around but there was no movement. So, I went on but as I stepped outside, the sun was almost up. I instantly started to do some stretching when..

 

You are up for a run? It was Seung Ho who spoke from behind​​​​​​

 

Yang Seung Ho is CL's stylist but he prefers to be called XIN. He studied fashion in London and worked as a fashion model as well. Anyways, he's here because of CL. But didn't expect him to wake up this early though. Yeah, that would be cool. Actually, I was a bit scared running alone today. I'm still new to the place. I replied timidly. Suddenly, it just snapped at me.. he is CL's stylist. What am I thinking? I might get some valuable information from him? It was a good thing that he tried to keep a steady pace with me. What should I call him? How will I approach him?

 

Ugh, Oppa.. oh, really? Oppa? My inner self nagged for some reason that I'm not used to in using such a cheesy line. I was wondering if I can ask you some questions about CL.  I'm not sure if it will work but.. Oh sure, how about we sit over there and talk, he repliedSeung Ho was pointing over the bench just a couple of meters away. He's such a great guy and I got all that I needed as we are about to end our small talk conversation but I didn't expect him to be this easy though.. I guess my aegyo worked. After an hour and half we went back to the villa with smiles on our faces. I don't know why he's smiling but I'm pretty sure I know mine. I felt like I was one step ahead from the others.

 

Breakfast is served.. the resident chef said. Everyone ramaged the table for food. But I decided to take a bath first. When I was about to take my breakfast, I saw the last piece of bread on the table and grabbed but then, someone just grabbed my hand instead. CL? I mutteredShe took the bread out of my hand and just walked away.

 

Hul, what was that all about? I took the coffee pot and pour all the contents in the mug. It was just enough to fill out the brim there's nothing left.. That's mine. What the?  No, it's mine.. I had enough of this and reacted repulsively but she took it away from me anyway. Alright, I wonder why she's acting like this all of a sudden? Yesterday was "all things bright and beautiful" but now.. shes like a beast.. savage. I went to the fridge and took one bottle of water out. Give me that.. that's mine.. she just grabbed the bottle in my hand. That does it. She's just so rude as fxxk. I raised one eyebrow in confusion and annoyance. She's totally insane today but for the sake of world peace.. I gave it away and took another one out. Clearly, she wants to get into my nerves, but why? I took an instant ramen out from the cabinet and poured in some hot water..

 

 

She'd better not take this one too or it will be world war 3 for all of us.

 

Day 2 activities.. 

Jjangmae divided us into 2 groups and proceeded with the activities. We played some group games and individual as well then finished everything at noon. The rest of the afternoon was scheduled  for a one-on-one session with CL. Luckily, it was not yet my turn.

 

When evening came, Jjangmae brought in some wine.. after dinner we were in the living room chatting when one of my team suggested to play truth or dare using the empty bottle. We were so loud that CL went out from her  room to see what's going on. The bottle neck ended pointing at me and I was in hot seat for questioning after choosing "truth." 

 

Are you single right now Dara'ssi?

 

Seung Ho Oppa asked me. Oh, I guess I have to choose my words wisely.. whatever I said here might be shown on TV and there are cameras installed all around like in the living room, dining area, kitchen, the hallway towards the bedroom and the pool too. 

 

I'm single right now but I'm not interested in dating one either. I lied. I felt the guilt down my gut but I applauded myself for giving out a clever answer. 

 

I can make you change your mind Dara'ssi? Seung Ho responded teasingly. Is he kidding me?

 

 Well, that depends on you Oppa.. I replied to him wryly. Oh, why do I sound so flirty?

 

You are such an easy girl, huh? Chaerin hissed. It just hit me below the belt.. that was definitely not a joke for me.. but everyone laugh thinking that it was. Now, she's laughing like a frog.. I just couldn't stand her anymore. I managed to excused myself with the group keeping my image calm and cool then took 2 cans of beer in the fridge and stuffed them inside my jacket pocket.

 

A stroll at the beach is just what I need and thanks to the full moon, my mood wasn't totally ruined. I sat and stare at the sparkling sea surface while sipping my beer slowly when suddenly. Oh, you are here too? CL spoke annoyingly from behind. I can be wherever I want Chae, this is not your property.. I scoffed in my reply. Says who?. CL responded mockingly. I see no signage saying CL's property around here. I answered sarcastically. Yes, because the next time you'll be seeing that signage you are looking for, stamped in your forehead. CL sneered. Okay stop.. I just want some peace tonight.. I pausedTalk to me.. What did I do wrong? I sound so desperate but then, she sat beside me and let go of a heavy sigh. What is her problem?

 

So you love running in the morning, huh? I saw you with XIN earlier. She spoke softly now. Really? Is that it? Why didn't you just join us? I asked. I don't want to share.. she murmured. I didn't quite get her last answer though, but I offered her the beer inside my pocket as peace offering to whatever it is I did.  We were silent for awhile.. I can only hear the rumbling sound of short waves breaking in the seashore. 

 

Do you think you can make it? She muttered. Even in silence, I could feel her sincerity.. I could also sense her loneliness through her eyes.

 

Make what? I retorted.

 

​​​​​​Your dream? She said softly.

 

Well, when I was scouted as a fashion model before.. I was told that I was nothing but just a pretty face. Some people would even say that I have no talent.. I was hurt but that didn't let me down. I worked hard to get me where I am right now. You know, they can take away my money, my fame but never my dream. I am the only one entitled to it and the only one who can achieve it. I explained. Chaerin was silent for awhile. She took one long gulp with her beer then sighed. She slid her hand over mine and interlaced her fingers then she raised them on eye level.

 

​​​​​​So, you should take very good care of this fingers of yours.. your dreams depend on them too.. she smiled while looking proud at the bandage she made with my injured finger. She was holding my hand right now, but the strangest part is that I am quite okay with it. The ambience was calm. She looked too serious and sad? Im not sure though but I was distracted at her chubby fingers again then I released a chuckle. 

 

You know what, can I call you Pudong? I broke the silence. She looked so confuse and curious at the same time. Remember the first time we shook hands in the café? I asked her. Yeah, what about it? She replied. Now, shes looking at her hands. Well, I was laughing because I noticed that you have a chubby hands.. from now on I will call you Pudong. I said with a little chuckle. She laughed at the thought as well. What will I call you then? She responded. I can see shes using her aegyo now speaking like a little kid. She's so cute with it though. You can call me Ssantoki.. Bom call me by that nickname because I looked like a rabbit. I said. Then, I showed her my rabbit face.

 

And whose Bom? She asked. Oh, Park Bom, my roommate and she's a big fan of yours. I replied. She finished up drinking her beer then stood up and pulled me up as well. Its late.. we should go. She said. She let me walk first to the front and followed from behind. We were silently walking towards the villa but then I remembered something.. She was saying about running in the morning.. that's it.. maybe she wants to go running with me tomorrow.

 

I turned myself around..

 

Pudong.. *uhmmpp..

 

I felt her soft and moist lips pressed against mine.