Chapter 29: Under the Cold Sky

My Name is Sandara Park

It snowed so much today, and it’s so cold. It’s very emotional and I feel like a main character in a drama. 

                                                                                    - krungy21

 

Cont..

Chaerin walked in on us. I stood frozen.. I just realized that our situation could be taken in a wrong way. Her eyes widen in shocked of what she's seeing. Chaerinna.. this is not what you think it is. A combination of disgust and rage were written all over her face. What is this, then?  then she turned her back and walked away towards the door. 

 

". No, this is not happening..  you don't walk on me Chaerinna." Chaerinna.. wait.. she didn't even pause but continued her way out instead. Stop it right there Lee Chaerin!!.. or else.. still, she  ignored me. We were already in the hallway. I gulped at my stupid plan.. but here it goes.. 

 

Hana.. dul.. set.. ughhh. 

​​​​​​

WHAT THE FXXK!!  I just threw the soiled shirt and the contents splattered on her back. Now I'm trembling by her sudden rage of anger. It's your fault.. I told you to stop.. I said meekly. She turned around. Explain this to me Sandara Park!!  Why are you dress like that?  Why are you with him? And at this hour? Why so many questions baby? Well, I guess it's better this way at least we're talking. I ran towards her then slid my arms around her waist and back then hugged her tight without minding the consequences.

 

I missed you so much Baby rin.. I felt her struggling within my embrace. But I squeezed my arms even tighter. Don't you ever walk out on me again Chaerinna.. I said softly. I felt her body relax a bit then I begun telling her the series of events that led to what she just saw earlier. Oh, but still, no matter how important it is.. do not let anyone in especially when you're home alone. She spoke sternly. Then, she hugged me back, lifted my head then planted a soft kiss on my lips. I missed you too baby. She whispered to my ear as she breathes me in. I threw a big sigh of relief. I just avoided a huge catastrophic fight.

 

Dara.. Jiyong called from the living room. We both broke the hug and turned our heads towards my living room. "What is it this time?"  As I walked inside. No, you're not going in like that.. Chaerin pulled me back to her. Here, she removed her jacket and placed it on me. 'Oh, I almost forgot." Really? Chae.. I whined. The jacket was pretty much soiled too. It's way better than walking in without it.. Chaerin nagged.

 

Jagiya.. Jiyong tried to stand up but he seems to be disoriented.

 

Jagiya? What's wrong Ji? He just collapsed in the couch, convulsing, his arms and leg muscles were tensed and his mouth clenched tight and he's gritting his teeth. The next thing I saw, there was blood coming out from his mouth. I almost freaked out from the sight of it. We must do something Chaerinna. My voice was already trembling. But when I looked towards her..

 

Help me Dara, let's turn him to side.. Can you get me a spoon or wooden chopstick in the kitchen?  I ran as fast as I can and found the chopstick in the drawer then handed it over to her. She placed the chopstick in between his teeth. Where did she know all this? I was in awe watching her. Darong, hand me the tissue paper right infront of you.. I simply complied then she wiped out the blood oozing on Ji's mouth.

 

Seconds later.. medical team came crashing in the scene. They immediately applied first aid to Jiyong.. then placed him into a stretcher. Chae.. someone must go with him in the hospital. It's quite obvious that both of us cannot go together.. people might ask questions. Chaerin nodded.. I'll stay up here and clean the mess.

 

​​​​In the hospital

Moments later I was sitting in the waiting room. The doctor just came out from the emergency room. I need to speak to his legal guardian. Jiyong's mom came rushing in just in time. Oh Dara.. what happened?  The doctor explained everything to his mom. All I could comprehend was stress.. fatigue and fluid imbalance. He bit his tongue but it's nothing serious. However, if it wasn't for her your son wouldn't have survive. The blood could've suffocated his airway.. the doctor explained.

 

But no, it wasn't me. Jiyong's mom approached me and said: Dara.. how can I ever thank you for what you did? I couldn't even tell her the truth. Mrs. Kwon.. I'm afraid I have to go home now. Jiyong was then transferred to his room. Aren't you going to wait for him to wake up? He's vitals are quite stable, I guess its safe to go home right now. It's okay dear.. I'm sorry for causing you a lot of trouble. Jiyong's mom reached for my hand and squeezed it tight. No, its fine.. I hope he wakes up soon.. 

 

I was infront of the hospital when a group of media reporters was mobbing around.. Is that Jiyong's dad? Yes, she's.. Sandara Park.. he just called me and beckoned me to come closer. She is my son's fiancée and the hero who save his life, everyone  applauded. I am happy that she'll be part of our family soon.. he added..

 

WHATTT?!? Did I hear it right? Jiyong didn't cancel the engagement?  Oh no.. I face palm myself.. how am I going to react to this? What should I say? What if Chaerin's watching the news right now?

 

In my apartment

Where is she? I tried calling her phone.. but she's out of reach. I went to her apartment.. I asked the receptionist if they saw CL coming in.. but no.. they didn't. Where is she right now? I went to all the places that I know of.. but there's no trace of her.

 

I was walking the long straight in Han river when it started snowing. In the end, I found myself knocking on Park Bom's room. Dara!!!!  She's so surprised seeing me.. I was so guilty cutting all my connections with her but now.. it seems like she's all I got. mI'm sorry Bommie.. then I cried so hard. She let me in.. then offered me some hot tea. I told her everything. Including the ones I told the reporter earlier..

 

What's wrong with you? You should've denied it on the spot.  Then she slapped me so hard on my shoulder. I'm so sorry Bommie.. I just don't want to create another scandal.. and now.. I'm in big trouble. I don't know where Lee Chaerin is right now.. 

 

You should take a breather Dara. Take a rest first then we'll think of something in the morning.

 

Early in the morning

I woke up when my alarm buzzed off. I took a deep sigh.. seeing theres no message nor missed call from Lee Chaerin.  

then.

 

1 Message Received

From: Jiyong's Mom

Good morning Dara.. Jiyong is awake now and he is looking for you.. 

 

I ended staring blankly in the wall while sitting on my bed until I felt a slap on my shoulder. Wake up. Let's eat breakfast before we head out.. Bommie murmured. After fixing myself up, I went with Bom at YGE building.. I was hoping they'll have a news on CL's whereabout.

 

At YG's office

It took all the strength I have facing him. I was so ashamed of what I did but I have no choice now, he's all I got. Oh the trouble maker is back. YG teased me. What do you want this time? He added. I just want to know where CL is right now Sajangnim? I asked nicely. Why would you still be looking for her? Wait.. no way.. you're the one.. the one with her in the photo, right? I swallowed my pride. Yes Sajangnim. There's no point of denying right now.. I just want her location. And why would I tell you? You've caused enough ruckus already Dara. I think its better if he knew about us. It's his job to protect his artist anyway. No, Sajangnim please.. I beg you.. The reason why I left was because of her.. I cant risked her career over mine.. 

 

and how will you explain the recent scandal..

 

We.. were fixing it already..  

 

You know, she wasn't supposed to be here. YG sighed deep. Okay.. but promise me no more scandals..  then he handed me CL's schedule. Thank you so much. She will be at Cakeshop Club tonight. My phone just vibrated inside my pocket. Oh.. it's Jiyong.. Hello.

Dara.. I'm sorry if I scared you last night.. Won't you be visiting me here today?  I will help you find her.. and explain everything. Huh? Is he for real? No Ji, What? Okay.. I will be there in a minute.

Call ended.. 

 

In the hospital

​​I told Ji everything that transpired that night I know someone in Cakeshop maybe he can help us.. Jiyong suggested. I was so hopeful with Ji's effort to help.

 

At Cakeshop Club in Seoul

I was standing outside the entrance. This is it. But when I got inside. Oh, am I in the wrong place? I looked at the address again. No, it's definitely right here. Why, there's no one around?.. the place was dim. Then I heard a loud clunk, a spotlight was lit pointing to an empty chair in the middle. Hah.. I laugh at my thought as I walked towards it.. I have a feeling that someone is playing me for a fool. I sat at the chair and waited for something to happen..

 

To my surprise.. 

 

..tears were already flooding on my cheeks.. what's going on?