Chapter 4: Awkward Moments

My Name is Sandara Park

Dara...

 

Oh, this is so bad.. Damn it.. why am I so careless..  I face palm myself in shame..

 

Dara.. Dara unnie... Chaerin just shook me out of my bubble as I was still in trance of what just happened moments ago.

​​​​​

Flashback Earlier

Chaerin was standing in front me. I was completely stunned as  she looked so gorgeous in her black Moschino overall: a combination of black leather Moschino jacket with only a bra top; a knee-length tight high waist pencil skirt slightly showing some skin on her abs and her well toned healthy looking thighs; plus an ankle booties and necklace & belt accessories, have fully emanated her distinctive celebrity look even further.

 

Good morning everyone.. Chaerin uttered with so much confidence in her voice and stance. Everyone was in awe including me as I was in a hurry to greet her and made a 90 degree bow. Everything was perfect but as I lift my head back. Oh my God, I'm sorry Chaerin'ssi.. I didn't mean to. I instantly hit the tip of the coffee cup that she was holding in her hand then spilled the content all over her clothes. ​​​​I panicked while trying to clean the spilled coffee off her. Looks like everyone was in shock too and anticipating the next scenario from the disaster I have caused. No one even dared to blink an eye. It's alright Dara unnie, I know it was just an accident. Chaerin said calmly while trying to stop me from fidgeting all over her.

 

Am I hearing this right? She seemed so calm and compose after what I just did to her expensive clothes. This is quite unexpected. Is she really the the baddest female in the country? I was so embarassed and my eyes were glued  on the floor the whole time. I will be back guys.. please wait for me.. Chaerin said as I felt her hand patted on my shoulder lightly and left.

 

Ohhh.. that's a relief.. and still.. Ugh, this is definitely a bad start for me.

End of Flashback

 

Oh yes, what.. where.. were we? I asked feeling lost. Everyone laughed at my sudden burst of confusion.  Arrgg... This has to stop, I'm such a mediocre.. I think I will be the first one to be kicked out of the program. Chaerin came back in the conference meeting wearing a blue tracksuit with orange colored tiger skin design in one of the sleeve and damn, she still looked gorgeous. I really have to calm myself down.

 

 Afterwards, we were given handouts for the itinerary of the show and my eyes went wide when I saw that we will be spending a week in Jeju Island as part of a group development program to strengthen bond and chemistry before the proper taping begins. 

 

What's your notes on these Daraya? You are a fashion model before, then I believe flashing your face in camera wouldn't be a challenge anymore. Yang Han Suk, the chairmanexplained. Uhm.. I cleared my throat and said. Its been years since I was active in the industry sir.. I cannot guarantee but I will do my best. I replied politely. I feel like my answer was a bit off too. The chairman was right though. It will take some time for us to get used to this new settings.  I bet Chaerin is already good around camera since this is what she eats everyday.

 

​​​​​​I'm coming too, right? Chaerin asked the chairman eagerly then glanced at me smiling like a kid. We all looked at the chairman's response with much anticipation. Of course, you are..  its part of the contract.. YG said. The rest of us couldn't hold back the excitement and burst out cheering and clapping. Okay, if you do not have anymore questions, call time is on 1300 hours tomorrow at the airport. Food and accomodation will be provided, so, you don't need to worry. Take care and GOOD LUCK. YG ended the meeting and all of us went out on our way.

 

In Jeju Island

We all arrived safely at the YG villa resort in Jeju Island except for CL. They said she would come later tonight due to some conflict in her schedule. As we came in, we were all in awe, the place is definitely lit. I saw the swimming pool outside too. Then, we were guided to our designated room. The staff told us that we can have the day to enjoy around Jeju if we like. But I was feeling beat and preferred staying in. I toured myself in the villa and saw some areas with cameras.. must be for the footage of the show.. there were about 10 rooms as I counted and one was the presidential suite.

This must be CL's room, I said to myself. I went back to my room, lie on my bed and the next thing I know it was already 5 in the afternoon on my watch. I woke up alone in the villa and decided to have a walk and  reached the shoreline. I sat down and felt the breeze brushed through my face.. I took my shoes off and buried my feet in the sand. This doesn't feel like work at all. I murmured out in the open air. I stretched out my hand up over my head then lie on my back and closed my eyes for a couple of minutes but then,

 

Someone just blocked my sun.. 

 

Hello there Dara unnie!!! What the? CL's head pop out in front of me. Ow, are you for real? I didn't notice but I was talking audibly and Chaerin was laughing out loud in response. It is still surreal for me that I am with CL in this project.. Bommie was so envious upon hearing the news. She's the biggest fan of CL eversince her debut. I brought myself in a sitting position as she sat down beside me. Is it okay to call you Chaerin? I mumbled since I'm quite not sure what to call her. Yes of course unnie.. but where are the others? Chaerin asked looking intently at me. She has this something with her stare that gives me shiver. Well, I don't know if this is a good thing or maybe it's part of her being a celebrity and all. They went out to play.. the staffs said its like our day off today..  day off on the first day of work..  I laughed at the sound of that and a bit surprised she giggled as well.

 

But why are you here? She said bending her head slightly to the side. Well, I was not feeling well earlier, so I stayed and took a nap. I explained. Just my luck I found you here then..my schedule was cancelled..  she murmured. It's more like the other way around.. Its a rare occassion to have this moment with her.. we were only given 7 days to get to know her and then we will be on our own in the hot seat infront of the judges next time.

 

The sun was about to set. Both of us were sitting down in silence just enjoying the view. It's getting dark Dara unnie.. wanna go back?.. the air is getting colder.. she suggested. I simply nodded but then she stood up first and stretched out her hand to assist me in standing up. That caught me by surprise though. She's like an ordinary person to hang out with no shade of any diva syndrome around her. We started walking towards the villa but then she comfortably shortened the distance between us as she swung her arm and placed it around my shoulder. I felt a bit awkward at first..but her scent caught my attention, a strong pungent more like a men's perfume but nevertheless it was sweet and pleasing to my senses. 

 

We were getting near the villa but I didn't quite notice that her arm was still on my shoulder as we were fully immersed in talking about ourselves. But actually, she did most of the talking and I was just listening to her stories the whole time. It was already dark when we reached the villa but then no one was around yet aside from the few caretakers and some resident house aides. I saw her fetched her phone in her pocket and started to dial the contacts. I went straight to the living room, sat on the couch and checked for social updates on my phone. But when I looked up.. she was already infront of me.

 

Dara unnie, do you know how to cook? She asked me while flashing her branded kind of smile.


A little.. I replied then smiled sheepishly.


I think we have to prepare for our meal.. Jjangmae told me that they will come home late tonight. Oh, this is bad. I don't cook.. now I'm regretting my decision of lying in the first place. I stood up and followed her towards the kitchen.. thinking.. damn. She handed me the knife, a chop board and the onions. Oh, great.. here it is.. I was hesitant to cut the onions but I have no choice.. I recalled how Bommie did it before in my head.. then squeezed my hand on the knife's handle, add a little pressure into it and slide the blade towards the onion. 

 

 Dudongg.. I have cut the onion in half.. what a relief.. what an achievement..

 

​​​
DARA UNNIE!!!

 

My soul almost jumped out off my body hearing Chaerin's voice in panic. She grabbed my hand and  brought it by the sink and I was shocked seeing blood dripping from my finger. I didn't realize that my tears were already leaking and flowing down my cheeks. Do you really know how to cook unnie? She asked worriedly while trying to stop the bleeding under the running water. I'm sorry Chaerinna, I was trying my hardest but.. I only know how to cook ramen and that's all. I could feel the pain settling in as it reflected on my trembling voice as I spoke. When the bleeding stopped, she went out of the kitchen and got back with a first aid  box in her hand. Instantly, I motioned to get the content in the box but, No unnie, let me do it.. Does it still hurt? It got me thinking, this kid is too sweet to be called the baddest female in Korea. Yeah a little. I watched her clean my wound, put some medication on it and covered it with a plaster and gauze.  

 

Let me do the cooking while you just watch me okay? She pleaded and I nodded in agreement.. I was smiling the whole time that I got to see and taste CL cooking skills.. She's really a complete package. And after that we had dinner together. She even washed the dishes since my finger was injured.  

 

Moments later the crew and the rest of the team arrived. We gathered over in the living area while awaiting for the instruction from Jjangmae for tomorrows activities. Chaerin went beside me and again anchored her arm over my shoulder. 

 

I'm beginning to feel the normalcy around her.. the skinship and all.

 

I am beginning to know her better and I think luck is on my side today