Chapter 2: The Golden Ticket

My Name is Sandara Park

At the Party Event

It was still daylight but Park Bom and I decided to go early at the event site. Yes, I brought Bom with me since Jiyong wasn't available. But before that, I called the organizer of the event and asked for the authenticity of the invitation and everything checked out. Despite of the excitement building within me, there's this one thing that bothers me. How did Chaerin, the waitress, secured an invitation such as this and just gave it away to random people she met in the Café?

 

But anyways, I felt giddy and nervous even though it’s not my first time to be in an event like this.  The invitation was good for two and Bommie was too excited that she had managed to clear up all her schedule just to be with me. 

 

We were both at the entrance when.. Are you models ladies? The guy wearing tux with a black shade asked. I got tongue-tied and let Bom do the talking. I've managed to view the runway. It was not yet finished. The crew were all busy tidying things up. One by one, fashion models arrived and proceeded at the back. "Gosh.. How I missed my old life back then."  But I snapped back into reality when Bom grabbed my arm and said.

 

​​​​​Can we go outside and eat? I'm hungry... begging me with her drooping puppy eyes and thick eye lashes. ...but we just got here. I murmured while looking around to familiarize myself in the area. Events like this makes me hungry Dara... and besides it’s too early to be here.. there’s nothing to see or do. Bom explained with exasperation. She's too adorable and no one can "say no" to her pleading eyes. We went out and searched for a place nearby to eat.

 

The moment we returned to the venue, the crowd has already gathered. Fans and paparazzi were all over the place shouting, cheering and taking pictures of celebrities getting out from luxurious cars and walking in the red carpet flashing their high end fashion clothing line, shoes and accessories.  ​​​​​​Now, I suddenly regretted the one stop meal of Bom. It would have been easier if we didn't leave the area in the first place.

 

I looked at Bom and she was so relax, chin up and so ready to come out and walk in the red carpet. I face palm myself with the sudden attack of my low self-esteem. I am not good with crowds either. But Bom patted my back for support. Both of us got out of the car and nonstop flashes of cameras blinded my sight.

 

Since I am already in the spot light, I acted like one of the celebrities and started flashing my perfect smile towards the lenses and waving my hand as if I have so many fans cheering for me. I feel like laughing deep inside with this instant awkward moment I am in right now.  I was about to step inside the venue when suddenly a familiar voice just called my name from behind.

 

​​​​DARA!!! Jiyong yelled out. He walked towards me grabbed my hand, pulled me in, placed his arm around my shoulder and posed for some pictures to the media. Oh great, I muttered to myself. Once again, I'm kind of sensitive when it comes to sharing my private life in public. People might get curious and will definitely bash me for no reason. Since Jiyong is quite famous in the fashion industry, I begged him to keep our relationship a secret.

 

After the photo session and brief interview, we went inside and still with his arm anchored on my shoulder.  Ji, we talked about this before.. I whispered to him wearing my serious "you’re dead "  face. Then, he just nodded and gently released my shoulder freely. I was worried that I'm about to get a lot of hate after this but we got separated inside as I went on ahead with Bommie. Then, one of the staff approached us and asked for the invitation then guided us with our seat.  Both of us were surprised as we were heading towards the front row seats.

 

Daraya.. who was it again that gave you this invitation? Bommie asked me in disbelief.

 

I tried hard to hide my excitement as we were seated next to the biggest fashion people in the world. I glanced at my left, and yes.. It’s no other than Jeremy Scott himself. He was busy talking and taking pictures with his companion. Then, the one next to Bommie was Givenchy's very own Riccardo Tisci. Someone just tapped my back and saw Jiyong seated far behind with a curious face on why we were seated in the front row. He was mouthing the word phone while pointing his finger towards the phone in his hand. I simply nodded in response. I opened my phone and received a text from him.

 

From: Kwon Jiyong

Jagiya, what's going on? Why are you here? I'm sorry for what I did earlier. I was just so surprise seeing you and you are so beautiful by the way, I can’t resist myself.

 

I decided to respond with a simple text.

To: Kwon Jiyong

We'll talk later. I didn't expect you to be here as well.

 

Well, to be honest, I don't have the slightest idea of what is happening right now. But sure as hell, I'm enjoying every second of it. I said to myself still wearing my ridiculous smile. The show was about to start and the MTBD of CL was playing in the background. Models were lining up and walked in front of us flashing their unique and beautiful clothing designed both locally and abroad.

 

​​​​​​Ommo.. It’s CL.. Bommie exclaimed pointing her finger to the familiar woman walking in the runway singing the lines of the song in the background. Oh..my.. gahd!!!.. Isn’t she just awesome.. Bommie added.  Feel the bass go... Boom.. boom.. boom.. Bom was singing loudly now. I didn't say much as I was looking intently at CL. She just look so familiar. It’s like I've seen her from somewhere. She was now walking in our direction while giving her riveting performance when suddenly she drops to the floor and starts pumping her body ily.. Ughh, am I turning gay right now?  She's so y.. no wonder Bom really liked her.

 

Did she just wink at me? Or us.. I'm not sure.. but before she pushed herself up.. she beamed a familiar smile in my direction. What.. was.. that?? I tried looking around and sighed.. It was not definitely for me. How crazy can I be? She's CL, the famous solo singer idol, the baddest female in Korea. I just laugh at my reaction. The show finished with a blast of celebrity performances and fireworks. As I've noticed, only a few people were invited for the after party which includes.. Yes.. us. It’s like I'm holding a golden ticket that allows me to play all the games and ride in the amusement park for free.

 

At the After Party

I saw Jiyong in the after party. He was talking with his colleagues and looks like they're discussing business as usual. He simply waved his hand when he saw me from a distance. I nodded in response. I held in to Bommie since I do not know anyone in the crowd, we talked a little but then, one of the models came and pulled Bommie away towards the group of models in the bar. I was sipping my cocktail drink when suddenly someone cupped my eyes with hands from behind.  

 

Glad you made it.. she muttered but still not releasing her hands on my eyes.

 

Who is this? I said with much anticipation.

 

What's the password? She replied and giggled. I suddenly recognized the giggling voice and I said her name out loud.

 

CHAERINNIE!!! I exclaimed like we were really close friends but funny, it feels like we were. She was laughing like a child then removed her hands. I turned myself to meet and about to greet her but my jaw just dropped seeing who she was. I froze and just stare at her. I simply don't know what to do. It’s like my mind went blank for a sec. You are C...CL??.. were the only words I could mutter. She really looked different with too much make up on. She gave me her branded smile then hugged me as a sign of a friendly gesture.

 

Hey relax, I'm not going to bite you.. she whispered to my ear. Come, I would like you to meet some of the people I know. She added and grabbed my hand and we walked towards the crowd. Hey, Jeremy, I want you to meet Dara. Chaerin just introduced me to Jeremy Scott. I managed to pinch myself to check if I was dreaming and felt the pain before extending my hand to Jeremy. Everyone laughed at my reaction... but what surprises me the most was that.. Oh, there you are.. the famous Ms. Sandara Park. Jeremy said.  Chaerin was dumbfounded as well on how Jeremy knew about me. Hi, I managed to respond to Jeremy. I didn't expect you would know me Jer. I added.  Fashion is my world honey, I keep my eyes on famous people wearing my clothes. Jeremy explained. "Oh, now I remember.. I was wearing his Moschino collection back then. But I didn't really think I am that famous though.

 

She's a fashion designer too Jer... I saw her doing some sketches and it was really good. Chaerin butted in the conversation while placing her arm around my shoulder. Oh really now, you should show me your collections one of these days dear. Jeremy said.  It would be an honor Jer. I simply replied. Our conversation was cut short when Chaerin brought me to Riccardo. We chit chat a bit.. took some photos together and went on our separate ways.

 

​​​​​​As the night deepens, Chaerin was so busy talking to some of her friends and I was not able to extend my appreciation for everything that had just transpired tonight... I was ready to go home when I have received a text from Bom.

 

From: Park Bom

Darayah, just go home without me. I'm going out with friends. I'm sorry I cannot accompany you home.

 

I simply replied with...

 

To: Park Bom

It’s alright, I'm deadbeat tired anyway. Goodbam..

 

Someone just hugged me from behind.

 

Where are you going beautiful? Jiyong asked. I felt awkward once again with the hug but when I looked around no one was looking so I simply relax a bit, felt the comfort of his presence and replied.

 

Home...