Chapter 7: Save Me

My Name is Sandara Park

 Cont..

Oh.. my head.. I could barely see clearly but someone's holding my hand. I tried to focus but I just cant. I'm dizzy. I struggled to get up. What happened?  I said weakly. Sshhhh... You should rest first. I could hardly hear the voice coming from someone as I slumped back to bed then everything went dim again.

 

Day 4 Early morning

Just woke up early today feeling puzzled. I don't remember a thing that happened after I fell into the water but I certainly know one person would.. naahh.. its too early in the morning. I decided to take a morning run. I put on my tracksuit and grabbed my favorite primo Jordan then head out. I was rubbernecking for Chaerin while passing through the hallway. The chances are pretty slim though, she isn't a morning person. But still, I waited for an hour.. Nope.. no Chaerin.. I went on with my morning jog alone.

 

When I got back to the villa, almost everyone was awake, but still there's no sign of Chaerin anywhere. I took my shower, fixed myself in the mirror and I saw by my window that someone was swimming in the pool. It's her.. it's definitely her.. I went outside as fast as I could but Jjangmae was already calling us in for the activities of the day.

 

I didn't see her the whole day after the pool. I didn't see her at dinner either. It's  already a quarter after one in the morning and I'm still wide awake. I'm just staring at the ceiling waiting for my eyes to grow heavy when I heard someone is in the pool again. It must be her. I peeked through the blinds slightly open and she's swimming again alright. Is this her new routine now? I know it's a bit late but should I approach her? I ended up watching her from my window.

 

After a few minutes.. damn it.. I decided to go outside but she's already gone. 

 

Day 5 Early morning

I turned off the alarm clock and it was 5:30 in the morning. I did the same routine as yesterday and yes still no Lee Chaerin on sight. Is she avoiding me? I've asked Jjangmae of her whereabouts and he said she has an early photoshoot schedule today. When evening came, I saw her back swimming in the pool again. So, I didn't wait any longer and immediately approached her.

 

LEE CHAERIN!! 

...

...

...

What the heck? She's definitely ignoring me on purpose. CHAERINNA!! Still, nothing. I was desperate just watching her like this and still puzzled of why she's avoiding me. Then, I gulped over the thought about my stupid plan but I decided to do it anyway. I can do this.. I went to the deeper portion of the pool. I know.. I trust her.. then I jumped into the water.

 

A series of memories came flashing though my head. The trauma of drowning came back. I was struggling to float but I was still sinking in the water then, a pair of hands grabbed me on my waist and pushed me up. It's Chaerin's hands. Then I snapped back and realized I was still in deep waters. I felt the same hands on my body and pushed me up and out of the water. She wrung her arm around my chest and swam towards the shallow water. Both of us ended up sitting on the stairs by the pool.

 

What do you think you are doing! Chaerin was so emotionally loud, still panting and lounged herself beside me.  I don't know.. I just want to talk to you.. but you're no... I feel like you are avoiding me.. I couldnt control my tears from falling as I was so desperate enough to talk to her. I couldn't even understand why I was so hurt that she was avoiding me. She wiped my tears dry then pulled me in close and  hugged me tight. I could even felt her fingers digging deep on my back as I felt her body shaking and now, she's sobbing loudly.

 

Dara unnie. I'm so sorry. I really thought you're gonna die. I'm sorry. After I pulled you out of the water, you were lifeless. We tried everything to revive you but still you weren't breathing. They told me to stop.. but when I looked at you.. I couldn't.. I tried blowing air again into your lungs and then you coughed out.. You just don't know how relieved I was. She muttered and hugged me even tighter.

 

After a little while Chaerin released me from her embrace then stared at the blank space before her. I blame myself for everything Dara unnie. If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't have gone into the boat.. you already told me you don't know how to swim.. but I insisted. No, Chaerinna, why would she feel this way? I placed my hand on her nape pulled her closer to me then positioned her head towards my shoulder.. and gently rubbed her back.. 

 

Pudonggie.. I would've died if it wasn't for you.. other people would just given up on me but you didn't... please stop blaming yourself.. what matters most is that I'm alive.. thank you so much.. for saving me.. and again for tonight. Then I smiled thinking about how stupid I was just to get her attention.

 

Arrghhhh.. She just slapped my forehead. Stupid Ssantoki.. don't do that to me again. She was rubbing my forehead to ease the pain. We were silent for awhile but I can see that she's smiling now. Then, it got me thinking, I held her hand then pulled her into the water.

 

​​​​​Teach me how to swim.. baby rin. 

 

Baby rin? She asked.

 

Yes.. "crybaby" rin.. I said while making fun of her.

 

Day 6 Early morning

Ooohhhh.. who is it?  I yawned. Someone is knocking at my door. I looked at the clock its still 4:30 AM. It's too early. No, way too early. Who could it be? There's no schedule in the list this early. Wanna go running with me Darong? Chaerin asked. 

 

Darong?

 

I just made that up since you're calling me Pudong. I have to agree though, Darong sounds cute. Ahhh.. but it's still too early Chaerinna. She's now showing me her aegyo face that no one could resist. Okay.. give me 10 minutes.. I repliedWe were about to exit the villa when I caught her staring at the bicycles parked just outside.

 

Do you want to ride? I asked.

 

I don't know how?

 

​​​​​​But why? You'd just missed half the fun in your childhood. I said. I was thinking that it would be romantic if my boyfriend would teach me how to ride one. She replied coyly. Hahaha, That's funny but I immediately held it in when I noticed she was dead serious about it. But, you're on a dating ban, how long will you have to wait? How about this, I'll act as your boyfriend for today then.. I added. I saw her blushing, smiling but more excited as she approached the bike. 

 

She's a fast learner and was able to ride a bike in just two attempts. Lets go to a grocery store Dara unnie.. I wanna cook breakfast today. She said. So we passed by at the nearby store and bought what we needed then headed straight back to the villa.

 

​​​​​​In her room

After I took a shower,  I went straight to her room and saw her already being busy in the kitchen. I rested my elbow on the counter just watching her. I want to help Pudong. I said with my very own aegyo.. No.. you can't.. 

 

Hmmm.. this aint fun all.  I pouted my lips and motioned to leave the kitchen. Wait.. come over here.. At last, she finally agreed. She gave me the knife and moved away from the counter where the chopping board was. I reached for the onion and waited for her instructions. But then, I felt her warm body behind me as she slid both of her hands passing through my waist and held mine then guides me through while slicing the onion with a knife.

 

She's so close to me that I could smell her familiar sweet scent. Ugh, this is crazy, why am I even feeling something weird like this.  She moved her head closer to my side and I could even feel and hear her breath on my neck. Suddenly, my chest tightens like I'm out of breathe. I don't know what got into me but as I turned myself around, our face was so close and I could hear her breathing unevenly.

 

We were staring at each other for I don't know how long.. 

 

Then, suddenly.. Lee Chaerin leaned forward and kissed me.