Chapter 42: Cleaning Up My Closet

My Name is Sandara Park

"So we got married, now what?"

    

At the house in L.A.

Chaerin was so busy packing for our bags and I'm quite entertained watching how organize she does it. Geez, am I really married? So, what do I get to call her? It didn't sink in to me yet while I was staring at my wedding ring. Ugh whatever.. all I know is I love her. I puffed air into my cheeks as I looked into her smiling eyes and it's quite reassuring that the feeling is extraordinarily mutual. Hey baby, are you okay? I felt her hand caressing gently on the side of my face then pinched a flesh of my cheeks. I simply nodded and she gave me a quick peck on the lips. Now, move over, I need to get these things done. We still have an early flight to catch tomorrow.

 

Moments later, I got pretty distracted with the camcorder. I was scanning through the old files and chuckled on Chaerin's epic first love confession. What gave you away? I carelessly asked. What do you mean? I immediately pointed to the monitor screen. This.. and showed her the preview. Hahaha.. oh you mean that.. uhm.. I was just drunk talking.. didn't expect you'll take it seriously.  She grabbed my hand then giggled. UghSeriously? I asked puckering my forehead.

 

Am I that gullible? From the looks of it, I'm kinda pretty weak and crazy when it comes to her. I guess I am. No baby, you're not.. come here. And she pulled me to her lapI really don't know.. I guess it was the first time I saw you in the cafè. Really? But I was grumpy and rude to you, I mumbled. I simply can't believe the taste of this woman. Like I told you, I don't know. Maybe, being a celebrity limits me to get that kind of real and straightforward interaction. Mostly, people treat me like I'm royal or something. But, tell me honestly, did you really not recognize me back then? Oh, is this some kind of test? No.. Chae nudged her head over my shoulder while locking her gaze on me. Look, if I've known you, I would've called Park Bom right away. 

 

DARAYAA!!! Speak of the devil, what does she wants now? I'm sorry to interrupt but uhm.. Bom seemed to be  hesitating to finish her statement after knocking loudly at the door. What is it? I asked then opened the door. What the? My eyes went wide with who I just saw right behind her. No.. this is not happening right now. I' really don't know what to feel.. I can't even look straigth at him in the eye. Then, I cringed at the thought that CL could be.. No.. she couldn't.. 

 

Flashback earlier 

Dara wait.. Am I too late? I was stunned looking at the familiar hand grabbing my arm. Gaettong-ah.. it's my baby brother.  How did you? I was stunned and speechless as he hugged me so tight. I missed you so much unnie. When are you coming back to Korea? I was sadden with the thought of his last question.. if only Chaerin would let me. Hey, let's not talk about that.. does mom know you're here? My baby brother has really outgrown me physically. I mean he's gone really tall and it made me look like midget standing beside him. Yeah, I texted her. I just want to surprise you, that's all. 

 

Dara.. 

 

What now? And that voice though.. I frowned at the reaction of Cheondung as he looked towards the direction of the owner of that familiar voice behind me. I turned my head around to see for myself and my suspicion was right. What are you doing here? It seemed like he came here in a rush. He was not dress for the occasion. Ugh, when will he ever give up? Stand back Hyung, don't come near her. My brother was quite protective of me, my life's story is no secret to my family. 

 

I mean no harm Cheondung-ah.  Jiyong raised both his arm in the air. I just want to talk to her before she's officially out in the market. Jiyong smirked in defeat. What is there to talk about? Cheondung turned towards me and just whispered stealthily, Do you want me to call CL unnie? 

 

No, Dara wait.. I just knew it this morning and.. I came here as fast as I could. He slightly pressed the side of his temple between his thumb and index finger.. is it wrong for me to see my best friend on her wedding day? Jiyong clearly isn't in his usual self. He seemed desperate. It's just a talk Dung-ah, it'll be over soon. He added. I rubbed my forehead with my hand trying to focus on what's in front of me. This is not a good time Dara unnie.. you can both talk after the wedding. People are waiting.. 

 

Gaettong-ah.. I looked intently into his concerned glaring eyes hoping to see that somehow he'll understand me. Are you sure about this unnie? I simply nodded but the thing is, I'm quite unsure about this. It's just that,  I want to get this over with and besides he's once a friend after all. Okay.. I'll be waiting for you unnie in the kitchen. Cheondung walked away and left us alone in the foyer. What is it that you want Ji? I felt his hand over my head. I'm sorry that I have to do this. Just like that, I have lost consciousness as I found myself breathing into a toxic fumes from the piece of cloth Ji just placed over my mouth.

 

Moments later

Aghh, I can't feel my legs.. my head..ugh..What have you done to me? Where am I? No.. the wedding, Chaerinna. I tried to struggle but I'm too weak. I know you won't be talking to me after this but what the hell.. I'm going to lose you anyway. Ji murmured in thin air. He fasten the seat belt so tight up across my chest. , I'm in his car? It's only a mild sedatives. It will wear off in a little while. He added.

 

We drove off for a awhile and parked into a vacant lot just in front of the bay walk area but in some occassion, I kinda fainted on the way. I looked around and sadly, I haven't seen a single soul walking nearby. Nevertheless, I have managed to release the seat belt and I was able to breathe comfortably. Why'd you have to do this? I felt a little a tug in my gut knowing completely well that somehow I have led him to be like this. We've been friends for so long and I just didn't do well enough to reconcile. I just needed some time to talk to you, he mumbled. I should've done more to make ends meet. I'm sorry Ji for doing this to you but I was just hoping that you'll get to accept us. I'm sorry for everything I've done to you. But, things won't get back to the way they used to be. You just have to move on, because life is too precious to be spent on the idea that you cannot have.

 

I know.. Jiyong just grabbed my arm and held it in and kissed it softly then placed it above his chest. I’m sorry too Dara. I know I have been such a to you lately but I've got no one to turn to.. You have been my person for the longest of time and I can't even get to talk to you or hang out with you..

 

I love you Dara. I'm always been in love with you. Ji picked up his phone and dialed someone in the contact. Yeoboseo CL'ssi. I heard chattering sound from the other end. Come pick her up and I'm sorry for ruining your day. Then, he dropped the call. I've sent her the address, she'll be here any minute from now.  

 

Jiyong flashed his flower boy smile like the one that we first met then he cupped my face and locked his gazed intently in my eyes and my lips. Can I do this for the last time? Wait, what? He didn't wait for my response..  Ummpp.. He slammed his lips to mine as I felt warm fluids running down my cheeks and I know, it wasn't mine..  I will miss you Sandara Park and thank you for everything. Jiyong his back and left me inside the car. I couldn't totally blame him for his action though. I can't deny the fact that I've ruined his life as well and for whatever consolation there is for him, ruining our wedding day would've suffice. Nevertheless, I'm glad, that for once, he'd finally let me go. 

 

Dara..

 

Dara..

 

Oh that voice though, I will never get tired of listening to her calling my name. Baby are you okay? Even though my body was still weak but deep inside it's like I've been liberated of a burden that's been holding me back for quite a while now. I simply nodded and murmured, Take me home Chae. Needless to ask some questions when the answers were pretty much evident on Chaerin's dismayed aura. Ji definitely ruined our wedding day.

 

While inside the car

Marry me today Chae.. I guess it's my turn now to be this random. What? B.. but the guest.. I cut her off. No, let it be just us, family, in the house just call for the officiant and.. Lastly, don't let go of my hand until I say "I do." Chaerin was definitely caught by surprise but still released a snicker. Okay, you're the boss..  She fetched her phone in her bag and started calling some people. What now? I asked. I don't know, I've called the doctor and he'll be there when we get home. Wait, what? My forehead furrowed with her response. Nah, just kidding. Everything is set. Wait till we get home baby. She tightened her embrace over my shoulder and left a soft and gentle kiss on my forehead. Are you sure about this? I am never been this sure in my entire moment of existence.

End of flashback

 

Dara  what’s going on? Chaerin responded with a concerned look upon her face. Did you have anything to do with this? I asked her gently. I have not seen him in a long time and it's like opening those closed up painful wounds back again. Uhm, I thought he wouldn't make it. But I.. No, she couldn't. She's the least person I'd expect to do something like this to me. Chae, you should've talked to me first. I'm so disappointed right now, I just want to get away from here. It's just too much for me standing and breathing in one room. Baby, it's just that. I.. I.. Chaerin stuttered in her reply.

 

No, Chae.. You don't know how this guy treated us back then? He abandoned us for Christ sake? I didn't notice but my voice was way over the top. Then, I grabbed my car keys then walked out as fast as I can.. Dara, baby please don't go, let's talk about this. Chaerin grabbed my arm but I  snapped back from her grasp and looked in her eyes. No, you just crossed the line. I walked out and slammed the door behind completely ignoring the man standing in the hallway. I hopped in my car and drove my way out. I was choking with my emotions, suffocating with my shallow breathing as I couldn't see clearly with tears flooding in my eyes. I stopped the car when I reached the Bay. The place was silent and dark as I walked passed through and stopped while looking at the pile of rocks rumbled with the breaking water in the bay. It's not up for her to decide. Ugh. Isn't this what marriage is all about? 

 

Chaerinna!!!

 

Darayaaa!!!

 

What the? She followed me? Mrs. Sanadara Park - Lee.. She's giving more emphasis on the "Missis." I'm sorry. She walked towards me slowly and stood by my side without making any physical contact knowing the fact how I reacted earlier. Go on, talk to me. I know what I did was purely inappropriate. I shouldn't have kept it from you and I'm sorry. You deserve to know everything. But all I thought that.. in order for us to move forward.. we need to have a fresh start especially from the plans that I have in mind.  Chaerin explained.

 

But, what that man did to us was so despicable.  I took all the responsibilities he left behind because I'm the eldest. It wasn't easy. I was never prepared for it. Chae, I don't know if I can talk to him. On a major scale, she's right, but I think I'm not ready yet. When will I be ready for this? I exhaled loudly to show my growing frustration. Remind me again why I married you, Sandara Park.  You can do this. I am with you now. You won't be alone anymore. Chaerin slid her arm around my waist and pulled me in closer to her then rested her forehead to mine.She's a smooth talker, I supposed. I don't really know what happened but im more calmer with her embrace. Let's go home. I will not push this today but eventually.. I cut her off. Yeah right, I know I will.

 

When we got home, Bom and Harin were in the living room and my father was no where in the scene anymore. Are you okay Daraya? So many things had happened for just a day. I want to nod and just hide everything up my sleeve but.. She will be fine Bom unnie. Chaerin replied.  We walked up to the second floor and straight to my room when I noticed that one mysterious locked room on the side. Chae, I intentionally stopped at the door step.  What's in that room? I asked curiously.

 

Oh.. How about this.. If you'll settle things out with your dad, then I will let you see what's inside that room. Deal? 

 

Damn, she's clever. You're so unfair Chaerinnie.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Sorry guys if it's taking me so long to update. I was running out of juice on what to write.  But thanks for those who waited.  The next update would probably be the last and the end of this fan fic.