Chapter 39: It All Came Down To this

My Name is Sandara Park

In L.A. house

How can I ever live with this? It's a double celebration, her birthday and our wedding day, and she wants me to do nothing? Its not just her wedding for goodness sake. I only got a week left to prepare and I couldn't even think of anything to give to her.  

 

Flashback the night before

Chaerin caught me by surprise. I was dumbstruck for a while but I was not the only one, both Harin and Jeremy were dumbfounded as well. What!? Is this for real? I mean, I can be your planner Dara unnie. Harin was still in the verge of controlling her excitement while Jeremy was just as thrilled as she is. This is shocker CL. We should get busy right away.

 

No!!.. All eyes were on Chae. There's no need for that. It will be just us, a simple wedding.. Chaerin looked at me in the eye, seeking for me to say something but I was totally mummed. Darong, are you okay? She grabbed me by the hand and pulled me into the open space at the back.  Dara, please say something, I'm sorry.. If I'm not good at this. Chaerin was quite apologetic as if she'd done something wrong. No, its okay Chae. I'm fine. Its just that we didn't talk about this.  And uhh, I mean, what's the delay if we are headed that way, right? Chaerin cupped my face and was about to kiss me when..

 

Hello there!!! Chaerin released me suddenly as a certain slim figure woman broke in our what seem to be a private conversation.  Oh hi! I would like you to meet my ff.. friend, Sandara Park. What?.. what's with that intro? I creased my forehead but still I extended my hand in courtesy despite the fact I was quite dissappointed on how Chae introduced me.  And you are? I asked gently.

 

It's Ayanna. So, this is the girl who kissed Chae in the lips huh. I'm sorry but we need to go. Chae excused us both and pulled me inside the living room again. Geeez.. that was awkward. What's with her? Why is she acting like this all of  a sudden? Are they even friends?  CL!! Jesse was just looking for her. Baby, can you wait for me? I just need to.. I cut her off and simply nodded. You can go, I said. I know what's she's going to say anyway then Chae left me alone in the crowd.  

 

My eyes went looking around for familiar faces but then.. I didn't expect to meet you here Dara. I turned my head from the direction of that voice and it's her again. I was quite curious why CL is so crazy about you and from the looks of it, you're just an ordinary girl. The fxxk is this girl talking about.  You don't even have the curves. Literally, there's nothing special about you but just your pretty face.  From the outside, she looked like a soft and sweet girl but she's no angel at all. Look, I don't know you and I don't give a fxxk of what you're saying but if  I see you kissing my girl again, expect your face to get black and bluish. The nerve of this girl to talk to me like that.  I can't believe she's CL's friend.  I walked away as far as I can and accidentally bumped into a guy and spilled his drink.  Oh geeez, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to.. you're?

 

Did I surprise you?  Oh, com'on. How small the world has become for me? What? This is Chrome Hearts party, one of my affiliates. He uttered. So, Ji was one of the invited guest. Dara, what are you doing here? Oh wait, don't tell me you are living in the US with her? Jiyong never gave me the opportunity to speak as he was heavily bombarding me with his self righteous fit. So, what are you her slave now? I know you, living abroad is not your thing. He's never changed, still nosy as ever. Stop this Ji.  Before I could even excuse myself,  Hey, don't go, Jiyong just grabbed my arm and pulled me closed to him. Is there a problem here ma'am? Oh thank God. Please Hwang, call me Dara and no, I think this guy is about to let go off my hand. I locked my stare to Ji for a moment. Take me home Hwang. I had enough for tonight. 

 

I am dedicating this song to the person I am going to marry. I turned my head to the owner of that voice, and its her on  the man-made mini stage just a couple of meters away. Everyone in the room reacted in awe. I love you so much. Chaerin was looking at me with her beautiful eye smile then she started humming while Jesse Jo Stark sang the first line of Painted of My Heart

 

I'm getting mix signals from her tonight and there is this girl Ayanna.  Who could even imagine Ji is here as well. After their performance, Harin dragged me to the dance floor and she was giving her all while dancing to the beat of Major Lazer's Light it up. Chaerin joined us thereafter and we had the rest of the night to ourselves.   

End of Flashback

 

Chaerin was still sleeping in my bed. Yeah, we slept together thanks to Harin, if she hadn't have a place to crash then I would still be sleeping alone in my room. I couldn't resist but giggle watching Chae  as she sprinted her way to the bathroom after waking up so late. Dara, why didn't you wake me up? I feel sorry for her but its just that, I tend to forget about time when I'm with her. Meanwhile, her studio door was left open and I was inclined to check it out. As I walked in, I found an old notebook with a black leather cover with about a hundred pages and inside was her hand written notes, it must be her diary. No, more like her songs.

 

Be careful with that baby, my life's work is in it. Chaerin appeared from behind and gently took the notebook away from my hand. Oh, really? Can I read it? She paused for a while and looked at me intently. She seem hesitant but, she took a deep breath then nodded while handing the notebook over to me.  I felt giddy with her response and hugged her then took the notebook away with me in my room. 

 

Chaerin has to go to work and I'm left home alone again as Harin had an appointment of her own when suddenly, the doorbell rang. CL is not here. I'm sorry. Ugh, its her again. But, I'm not here for her. I think we started off at the wrong foot Dara. I'm not really that bad, you know. She let herself in and sat in the couch. What the? She's just as rude as well. CL wouldn't befriend me for no reason. Well, she has a point though. CL doesn't talk much about her friends, I kinda meet them eventually in parties.  Hey, Dara, I know you're bored that's why I asked CL that we'll head out and go shopping together.  She asked CL? I still don't trust this girl, she seem rather odd.

 

I know I have more than enough with what Chaerin had given me but I went with her anyway. Ayanna is a mystery to me.  I wanted to know her and why off all places she had to kiss Chae on the lips? So, we spend like an hour or two in the mall exchanging small talks along the way. How long have you've been friends with CL? She took a long pause then fetch the vibrating handphone in her bag. I'm sorry Dara, I have to take this. I simply gestured with okay and punched a quick SMS to Chae just to tell her where I was. 

 

Then my phone just vibrated:

Incoming Call

My Baby Rin

 

Hello? Dara, are you okay? Did she do anything to you? Where's Ssabu? Come to think of it, where the hell is he anyway? Where are you? I'm coming to get you. Chaerin was speaking so fast that I almost couldn't catch a thing she just said. I'm fine Chae, why, what's wrong? She sounded so alarming. I'm in the parking lot at the mall. What's with the overwhelming concern about this, we were just shopping. No baby, you dont understand.. she's ughh.. what the?

 

You're fast. Ayanna just took away my phone.  I'm sorry Dara, you shouldn't have called her. I am not as sweet as you may think. Take her away. Suddenly, everything came down on me. She's actually not a friend at all. Two men, wearing a mask, just came out of the van and covered my head with a sac cloth. Where are you taking me? Everything went dim and for a second, I regretted everything.
 

I am supposed to be panicking and edgy but why were they so gentle on me? For the time being, they haven't hurt me or even asked for anything. The van stopped and I heard Ayanna talking on the phone again.  Why are you doing this to me? To my dismay no one answered.  I was instructed to walk out of the van, there's this guy by my side supporting my head while making my way out and while I was walking aimlessly. My sight were quite limited with what little light I can see from the small holes of the sac covering my face.  Then, I was forced to sit down to a chair. Can someone at least remove this thing off of my head? I can't breath.  They tied both of my hands at the back of the chair. 

 

Take it off.   

 

What the hell is going on?