Chapter 20: A Piece of My Heart

My Name is Sandara Park

At YGE Building 

Hey Dara unnie!! Have you seen this? Minzy showed me Jiyongs instagram post.. with caption "my favorite nurse." Yeah, what about it.. I replied flatly. Nothing, It's viral on my newsfeed.. you're so lucky Dara unnie. What's so lucky about me Minzy'ah? You just don't know how crazy my life has been.

 

Dara'ssi.. Jjangmae called. YG..in his office now.. Not again.. must be Jiyong's post.. but its not even a scandal. I went to the office and YG was smiling while talking to someone on the phone. He's in a good mood.. probably not a scandal issue..

 

Oh Dara.. come sit. I paid respect and took a bow before taking the seat. Have you heard from G-Dragon already? Oh yeah, I forgot to mention..It's Ji's screen name.. or GD for short.. he only use his real name to close friends and family. 

 

About what sir? I responded. Oh, he didn't tell you? Well, he just invited the whole YG family for a party tonight. Why so sudden? Maybe that's what he meant what he said earlier.

 

Flashback earlier

Jagiya, I miss you..

 

Jiyong walked towards me and gestured to hug but I held out my hand and motioned him to stop. Ji? How did you know.. I asked. CL'ssi did.. remember? Then, I just asked around and.. Oh, hello there CL'ssi.. Jiyong greeted Chaerin cheerfully.You and my girlfriend are getting so close lately.. I'm beginning to get jealous of you, CL. Chaerin clenched her fist upon hearing his words  and was about to respond but.. Can you excuse us for a minute Ji? I tried to distract her. Before she could even do anything stupid, I grabbed her hand and we went straight in my studio then lock the door behind us.

 

Dara.. aren't you going to tell him? Chaerin was clearly ranting after what just happened. Chae, baby.. we shouldn't be too impulsive over this. We have to think things through. I know Ji, he's way too attached to the idea that we are still together.. that's why, I don't trust him. He might use this against you. I held her hand and squeezed it tight to let her know how sincere I am and will stand firm for her.

​​​​​​

Hmmmp.. she frowned. To be honest, I don't like this.. I already told you I don't like to share. Oh right, I heard her said that before. But, If you will agree with me.. I'd like to talk to him alone today and I will do my best to end this amicably without you getting involve. I still think its the best option we'll have.  Why does it feels like we're both criminals being in this relationship?

 

What if it won't work? She squeezed my hand tight and looked into my eyes with her gently bend brows. I have to do something to make things work. I have to. I won't stop till it's over.. Is that okay with you? There so much concern and hesitations painted all over her face. I just got you back Dara.. I can't lose you again.. Chaerin pulled me in and hugged me tight. No, you won't.. I'm not the type of person to say the "L" word for no reason. I guess I'll be going now.. I'll see you later.. tonight? Chaerin pulled off a soft kiss on my lips and in my eyes. Yeah. ​​​​I led Chaerin outside as she bade goodbye to everyone in the house.

 

Now, how to deal with you, Kwon Jiyong? I took one deep breath before I entered the living room. Jiyong was standing by the glass window staring blankly at the view outside.​​​​You have quite a place here Dara.. I am a bit sad though you never told me about this but I respect you if you didn't.. I'm not depriving you of your privacy.. he turned towards me with a sad disposition. That just hit me straight in my chest. Jiyong never did anything wrong to me.. but its just sad that I had to end things with him this way.. I'm sorry Ji but I want to get this over with.

 

Let's not start this again Dara.. He cuts me out  then, he grabbed my arm.. pulled me towards him, wrapped up his arms around me and turned our bodies around facing the glass window. He nestled his head over my shoulder.. I could feel him taking a deep sigh. Let's not fight today.. it hurts, he whispered softly to my ear. I tried to struggle in his embrace but he squeezed his arms even tighter  and my effort was deemed useless.. he's just so strong.

 

You know how much I love you.. please hold on to it. Why is he doing this? Ji, stop this. Why are you making things hard for us? Remember the day when I carried your sled while we were out in the snow skiing.. it was the happiest day for me. I saw something in your eyes that demands my existence in your life. He spoke out softly with a hint of sadness in his voice but he ended up smiling anyway. I need you Dara. Then he loosen his grip but not releasing me in his arm. I can't deny the fact that we have shared deep memories together and it pains me to even recall about 'em. I let Jiyong hugged me for a brief moment and let the silence took over between us.

 

But then, I heared Chaerin's voice calling my name in my head.  Ji.. I'm serious with this.. I want you to stop doing this to me.. why don't you believe me?.. I don't know why but my tears started to flow on its own. Trust me Dara, I tried.. I even asked around but, theres nobody.. you're not dating anyone.. its really hard for me too.. to understand why you are doing this to me. I sighed in defeat.. no, I can't expose her. 

 

Wear something nice tonight okay.. I'll be expecting you. He planted a kiss on the side of my forehead. I'll be going now.. there's so much things to be done.. 

 

No, Ji.. We're not done talking yet ..

 

Later.. then he left anyway..

End of flashback

 

I love your PR with GD, Dara. The hospital and the nurse thing was quite a catch in the media.. YG uttered with a big smile on his face. ​​​​​​It wasn't even intentional... Hul.. what mess did I get into? The ratings of the show are performing really well. I would like to commend you Dara for your effort.. And here, the package just arrived.. its addressed to you. I guess, I will be seeing you tonight.. YG explained. A note  was attached outside the box and its definitely Jiyongs penmanship saying.. "see you tonight Dara". 

 

Oh, but, do I really need to attend sir? Its probably just a thanksgiving party. What's inside the box? It got me curious abit since Jiyong doesn't do something like this not unless there's something special or huge to happen late. It's red flared dress, a Dolce Gabana collection of 2014. My eyes widened when I saw the Givenchy Urania feathered black stamped leather design of 2015 sandals. There are accessories inside too, a rose gold bracelet and earings. Ugh..  this is too much. Remember our agreement Dara. YG responded. Yeah Sajangnim. I sighed. That would be all.. then I left his office.

 

As I went down and reached the 3rd floor, I passed by the rehearsal studio and saw Lee Chaerin practicing her dance moves alone infront of the mirror. I peeked in silently watching her from behind but then my phone rang. Chaerin turned her head towards me. I simply wave my hand back. Dara unnie.. she called me out with her aegyo..and now shes walking towards me. Hello?.. I answered the call. Yeah.. Okay see you tonight. Then, suddenly, she grabbed the phone in my hand. 

 

Hello who's this? 

Oh, hi Bom.. 

Yeah, I heard about it.. I guess so.. 

Okay.. bye. Chaerin ended the call and returned my phone.

 

Chae baby, you don't have to do that you know? It took me by surprise that she'd do something like this.  It feels like she doesn't trust me. I pouted with the thought. I'm sorry Darong.. it's just that.. I've heard a lot of guys wanted to get your number and ask you for a date lately.  Is she jealous? You fool Chaerinnie. The TV show interviews and Knetz comments must've gotten into her.  Despite the fact, that its known to the public that I'm dating Jiyong, I'm still famous with boys on TV.

  

So, what happened?  She asked and I took a deep sigh.  He didn't believe me.. but I'll think of something else. We both sat down on the floor with our back behind the mirror. Like what. I don't want to dissappoint her. I don't really know yet, but I can use my career as an excuse.

 

 

Darong, are you free tomorrow night? She took my hand and slipped her fingers between mine. I felt goosebumps with her simple and sweet gesture.  It's a good thing that both of us are girls, people might not see this in a wrong way. No, I have a date. I snickered quickly with my response. She was struck silence and choked with my reply. Yes, I will go with you stupid, where to? I added. Well, my family will be having dinner and I.. She's inviting me for a family dinner? Oh, she's fast. Are you going to introduced me to your family already? She choked in her response and we both laugh. 

 

How about tonight? What a naughty kid, why would she be asking me that? We just spend the night together. No, I'm back at the dorm with Minzy but I can sneak out.. I giggled. So this will be our life now huh.. I held her hand tight. I guess so.. 

 

I love you Chae, I spoke in silence.  I wont let go of you no matter what. It doesn't matter if we live like this so long as we're together.. I'm fine with it.

 

At the party

​​​​​​It came to us by surprise but the four of us decided to go together riding in a limo. When I got to the YG dorm, Bom was already there so excited to attend the party. Minzy asked if she can go with us.. But as we stepped outside.. the limo was already waiting for us. Great timing Chaerinna, I said. She was gorgeous as usual. She's rocking a Balmain leather down jacket with Moschino microfiber black strapless bra inside exposing her toned abs. On her bottom, she wore a leather skinny pants kept tighten with an Alexander Mcqueen double buckle western belt with a spikey heels from Christian Louboutin Isolde sandals.

 

When we arrived at the venue.. it was like a red carpet event.. since Jiyong invited some of his celebrity friends and colleagues. I was surprised when Chaerin grabbed my hand.. interlaced her fingers on mine but then she held Bom's hand too. Oh my she's so smart. I grabbed Minzy's hand too and we walked in the carpet together flashing out our smiles to the cameras. The party was lit.. there are so many guest.. 

 

Hey baby? I whispered to Chaerin's ear. Are you going to perform tonight? She looked  so puzzled to my question. No? She turned her head towards me and gazed straight to my eyes then to my lips. Oh, thats a shame.. I was expecting you would.. I guess I will be sleeping alone tonight. I couldn't help it but blush and couldn't hold back my guilty smile. Then she smiled.. you're naughty Ssantokki.. tsk tsk.

 

Everybody applauded in the background. What's going on? Jiyong was on stage together with the MC.. I didn't get the content of their conversation but.. I have my very own.. my one and only beautiful nurse.. so she'll take care of me. Jiyong said. then, everyone responded.. Awwwww.. then the crowd burst clapping. Then, the spotlight was directed at me..  

 

What is this? What's going on? Minzy pushed me forward towards the stage. GD is talking about you Dara unnie.. you should get up there..  Jiyong walked towards me and he was so nervous. I've never seen him like this before. As he was about 10 inches away from me, he stepped back a little. What's going oh..

 

What the heck?!?

 

Jiyong bended his left knee infront of me.. taking out a small box in his coat secret pocket.. then he popped it open and I saw a shining shimmering.. 

 

 

Jagiya, will you marry me?

 

 

 

 

​​​​​​