Chapter 17: I'm Failing

My Name is Sandara Park

In my Apartment

 

I went straight to the bathroom and open the shower allowing the water to flow freely in my body.. I totally lost it as my tears were in sync with the water dripping down on me. I didn't notice that I was already shivering until..

 

Sandara Park.. 

 

Mom saw how devastated I was and just hugged me tight and assisted me out of the bathroom.. 

 

It's not the end Dara.. 

 

Flashback in the hospital

The waiting room was so stressful and taxing. I could see Jiyong's mom relentless tears flowing in her cheeks. I wanted to comfort her but I can't. Not with the state I'm in. The guilt is still eating me inside. We were all anxious until the ICU door swang open. Doctors wearing scrubs and masks came out and it seemed like the time was frozen when one of them opened his mouth..

 

He's alive..

 

Right there and then, I released a breath of relief.. 

 

Jiyong is alive..

 

The next day..

YG gave me a week break to recuperate. I could barely walk without a walker.. nevertheless I am still completely able to do some simple task. It was over a day since Jiyong got a chance on his second life.. and I was in my apartment resting..

 

1 Message Received:

From: My Baby Rin

Dara.. I heard you've been discharge. I'm so sorry. I've been busy lately.

I want to see you tonight. I have something to tell you.

I hope you are doing fine. I miss you. 

 

Hhmmm.. The text got me curious. What could it be? I bet she knew about Jiyong.. but didn't tell me otherwise. No, she wouldn't do that to me. But what about that night I heard her arguing outside my room in the hospital? Don't doubt her Dara.. One thing is for sure. I'm thankful that Jiyong is alive and I still have time to make amend.

 

To: My Baby Rin

Chaerinna. I'm fine.

What time will you be available tonight? I'm here in my apartment with my mom. YG gave me a week to rest.

I miss you too so much <3

Message sent

 

Dara.. mom just peeked her head in my room. What is it? I stood up from my bed slowly. Someone is here to see you. Ow really?.. she's here? she's fast. I grabbed my walker and tried to step on with my injured foot. I can still feel the sting but not as much as yesterday. When I got outside and went to the living room. Oh..

 

Good morning Mrs. Kwon..  I paid respect and gave her a 90° bow despite of my injury. Come sit beside me Dara. How are you dear?  She looks better now than yesterday. I'm fine.. How's Jiyong?

 

He's stable as of the moment. I'm so sorry to barge in like this. But as a mother.. I would do everything for my son.

 

Yes, how can I help you.. I said out casually.

 

..I was thinking that.. uhmm. What could it be? Why is she hesitating? I'm hoping that you would agree with my request. I believe that your presence would positively affect my son's recovery.. Oh no.. Dont tell me she's going to ask me to. Is it okay for you to visit my son everyday until he gets off the hook from the machines? 

 

Y..Yes of course. Wait. What? Did I just agree? Oh damn this mouth. Thank you so much Dara.. I know that your relationship with him has been rough lately.. But I really do appreciate your effort. Do I really need to think it over? It's Jiyong.. and besides  I almost couldn't even forgive myself if he had died yesterday. Oh please.. it's the least that I can do.. I replied politely. Jiyong's mom left afterwards.. 

 

Should I let Chaerin know about this? But.. she probably won't agree. Urgh. What should I do?

 

1 Message Received:

From: My Baby Rin

Darong.. meet me in the park near your apartment at 9PM.. 

Is that okay with you? Or would you like me to fetch you instead? 

 

Oh Chaerinna.. how am I going to tell you about Ji.

 

To: My Baby Rin

It's okay.. we'll meet at the park at 9PM.. 

I needed the exercise anyway.

See you later..

Message sent

 

In the park

It's a minute before nine.. I was sitting in the bench when someone approached me from behind. Are you Ms. Sandara Park? A man in corporate uniform asked. Yes.

 

Please follow me ma'am.. shes waiting inside the car. Oh.. nice move Chaerinna.. seeing her in public places is always risky. As I open the door in the car. She looks gorgeous wearing a black bra top under an unbottoned pant suit showing her y bust with Christian Louboutin pumps. Hi y.. were the only words I could mutter. Please get us to Han river.. Chaerin instructed the driver as I hop in and sat beside her. What's with the atmosphere?.. why suddenly I felt so cold inside the car. She was looking outside the window the whole time until we arrived in our destination. It was  a secluded area.. no one was around but us and the quiet tranquil body of water infront of us. 

 

Dara.. Lee Chaerin hugged me from behind.. What is it Baby? I'm getting used to calling her like this. I don't want to leave.. Chaerin murmured. Where are you going? She took a deep sigh then kissed my nape and inhaled my scent profoundly. I'll be leaving for US tomorrow. Well, I've already expected this to happen since its all part of the package..It's okay Chae. I said while patting my hands lightly on her head resting on my shoulder. No, it's not, I can't.. I don't want to be away from you that longI want you to go with me. She tightened her hug on my waist. Oh, for how long? I asked. 

 

A month.

 

But you know, I can't Chae..

 

I know.. that's why I'm sad. I could even sense the melancholy in her voice. You know what.. one month isn't that long.. when both of us are too busy doing something. I blurted out my thoughts hoping somehow it will lift her up. She was a bit relief after our intimate talk. I've decided to spend the night with her. I phoned my mom telling I will be staying in the dorm for the night.Then, the next day Chaerin flew to America. 

 

After 2 weeks

As what I have committed, I am visiting Jiyong after work.. Its been weeks and the chest tube was already removed and he was recovering pretty fast. He hasn't opened his eyes yet but his fingers are responding to touch. Jiyong's mom was so happy with the improvement. Then, one day while ​​​​​​I was taking my lunch at the YG cafeteria when I received a text from Jiyong's mom.

 

1 Message Received:

From: Jiyong's mom

Dara.. where are you? Come here quick.

Jiyong is looking for you.

 

I almost dropped my phone after reading the message.  I got anxious and nervous. I don't know what to do.. should I show myself to him? what if he'll take this the wrong way.. Oh Chaerinna.. I sighed.

 

In the Hospital

Yes, I showed up.. urghh. I'm having a bad feeling about this. I opened the door of the cubicle in the ICU and I saw him so surprised and was mouthing my name since there is still tube in his mouth connected to machine. He was beckoning me towards him.. His eyes were moist and then tears started running down his cheeks. I couldn't help it but it broke my heart to pieces. I ran into him then hugged him gently avoiding the tubes and cables connected to his body. 

 

I'm so sorry Ji.. thank you for coming back alive. Jiyong touched my arm pressing his fingers as if he wanted to say something. ​​​​​​The nurse handed him a small white board and a marker. Jiyong tried his best to scribble the words he wanted to say..

 

"PLEASE DONT LEAVE ME." I can't.. What am I going to do? Looks like I'm trap with my own doing. Will I lie? He's still in a delicate condition. N.. no, I wont Ji.. I said the words softly.. then I cried.. not because of him. ​​​​But deep inside.. I felt like my guts had been twisted.. my heart had been stabbed as I was like cheating on Chaerin. She would never understand this by a million times. I hate this, I think I'm failing her in every way.

 

Another 2 weeks

Jiyong has fully recovered but he's still confined in the hospital.. He was able to walk around the vicinity. On the other hand.. I'm too excited seeing my Baby Rin coming home. I drove to the airport to pick her up. I wanted to surprise her but I couldn't contain my excitement.. I still texted her I'm picking her up. Her plane just landed..  My car was parked just infront of the exit as I saw her figure coming out. 

 

God.. I miss her so much. I pressed to blow the car horn and opened my window waving my hands towards her hoping she'd notice me but she's still wearing her CL cold persona. Hul.. she's too serious with her image to paparazzi taking her airport fashion. She opened the door and jumped in.... 

 

Chaerinna.. I opened my arms waiting for her to throw her body to me. But then.. she took something out from her jacket pocket.

 

She threw the pictures in front of me. I was shocked.. She didn't say anything.

 

And without a word, Chae left me and walked away.