Chapter 38: So Bossy

My Name is Sandara Park

House in L.A.

This is pretty unusual for me, waking up alone in a new bed.. new room. She didn't even bother to say goodnight. Ugh, that girl. Now, where will I start? I pulled myself up in bed and looked around. Is this even permanent? She'd better be ready to answer everything. This is way out of plan.

 

Then, my eyes begun to spread all over the place. So, is this supposed to be my new home now. It is quite huge for my size. So, everything comes in large sizes. There's a queen bed in the middle.. one large bathroom.. and I love the huge glass windows with the view. The house is a minimalistic modern in design and is painted in black and white. There are limited paintings hanged on the wall and oh, I can view the swimming pool from up here as well.

 

Could she be awake by now? Should I wake her up? Nah, she'll definitely throw a tantrum on me. What do I do now?  Where's my stuff by the way?  This must be the closet. I saw a double door near the bathroom. Oh.. Holy crap!! Is this all hers? My eyes went wide as my jaw dropped.. It feels like a puzzle maze in here. There are different sections for every occasion. This is unbelievable, most items still have tags on them. So this is what she does with her money.

 

But, I wonder where she'd put all my stuff.  And if this is my room, why would her ward robe be in here anyway? 

 

I went outside and scoured the entire area in the second floor, there are at least 4 bedrooms I've seen so far, two of which were locked from the inside. There are several collection of  paintings displayed in the hallway but I only recognized one from Salvador Dali. As I came in front of her door, I stopped and hesitated then tapped both of my index fingers together.. should I disturb her from slumber.  Whatever.. I twist the door knob to open. Oh my God, this is so creepy. I crept into her room and to my surprise she's not on bed. But it's only 9 o'clock in the morning. Did she leave for work already? So, am I home alone? Nah, she might just be in the kitchen. 

 

What are you doing?

 

Oh ! Her voice scared the hell out of me as she approached from behind. Ugh, Chaerinna. Then, I heard her chuckle a little.

 

How's your first night? She didn't wait for my response and grabbed my arm. Come here. We were back in my room again and walked towards that humongous double-door closet. It's all yours, she mumbled. I'm speechless.. Wait, what? Is she for real? Do you like it? Chaerin asked with so much anticipation from her eyes. Oh, dear, how will I say it? Y..Yeah? But it's just so extravagant. Then, both of us walked inside and towards the center as the sensor picked up our signal and the rest of the corners were lit up. Wow, this is so amazing. The jewelry section were glimmering with delight and elegance. I hope this is not too much. She added. Ugh, actually it is Chae. Thanks Baby, but where's my stuff? 

 

Oh, you won't be needing them in a while.  It's locked up in the storage room.  Huh? Why would.. why would you do that? I mean, I need my personal stuff back. The list is long and I can go on for days of how important they were. Oh, this is  so frustrating. No, you won't be needing them anymore and I'm won't be repeating myself to you, Dara. Waahh.. Is this for real? I didn’t sign up for this. I swallowed a huge lump in my throat.. what on earth have I got myself into? She walked and talked like she completely owns me.

 

Com'n, get yourself ready and have breakfast with me. 

 

I took my time in shower, changed into a more comfortable clothes then went downstairs as I found her waiting impatiently while tapping her fingers on top of the dining table. What took you so long? I don't have the whole day to wait for you Dara. Wow, what an , I mean attitude. I got lost inside your magical ward robe, you should've just given me my stuff back, I wouldn't be this late. 

 

I took the seat next to her and grabbed the chopstick on the side. Did you make all these? My mouth was drooling as my eyes were feasting over the food in the table. There were at least three main course and around eight side dishes. Yeah, I did.  Look Dara, we don't have a help in the house, so I expect that you'll do your part with the housekeeping.  What? I almost choked with her statement. What? She looked at me adamantly. What do you expect? You're not a princess here. She added. I thought she's filthy rich and all. I puffed air into my cheeks trying to push away the anxiety building up within me. Is she doing this on purpose? I'm not.. ugh.. My mom wouldn't even let me do the laundry. What am I going to do?

 

What about work? I tried changing the topic and besides I need to go to work as well. What about it? Chaerin replied sternly. No, you don't need to work. She added. Am I hearing it right? Does she have any other words to say other than that? No, Chae.. Well, it tried mimicking her negativity but.. What do you want me to do? I can't just sit around and wait for you all day and besides.. my family still depends on.. 

 

They are all taken care off. I took a deep breath in and tried to calm myself down as she cuts me out my line. I didn't ask for this Chae. Oh God, where are we heading with this? What is she trying to achieve hereStop talking gibberish and finish your breakfast Dara. Oh, how she loves to play this kind of role. Chae baby, we are two consenting adults. Since I'm here to stay, why won't we try to live like a normal couple? I stood my ground and commended myself for such a brilliant idea. No.. maybe? What? Chaerin stood up from the table and left with a smirk on her face. She's really testing my patience. Ugh, there's no point of fighting back. Now, what to do? 

 

Housekeeping  

First thing off was the dishes and it was a piece of cake but when I got into the laundry.  Ahhhh!!!! Chaerin ran towards me in a flash. Dara!!! What happened? Oh, what am I doing wrong? Oh God, this is insane. Why won't it end?  It’s the laundry Chae. A lot of bubbles  are coming out from the washing machine and it feels like it’s the end of the world for me. What did you do?  I can see she’s really pissed off right now. I just pour all the soap in.  Why is she reacting like this? All of it? Ugh, I admit its my fault. Yeah, all of it. Are you mad? I should’ve just asked her in the first place. Have you done this before? Her eyes were locked intently to mine. I redirected my sight on the floor in severe embarrassment. I'm sorry Chae, honestly, I don't do laundry but you see, I tried but I guess I failed?  I might get kicked out of this house at this rate. It just made me realize that I still lack in some ways. 

 

Come here, you should’ve told me baby. Chaerin lifted my head and dropped a peck on my lips. Did she just call me "baby"? I love it when she does that.  Eventually, she taught me the basic of how to operate the washing machine and it was  pretty darn easy.  But still, I don’t get the point though, why won't she hire an extra hand to do all these stuff? 

 

After a Week

Chaerin provided me with almost everything:  car, card, clothes, house, food almost everything except for my freedom to roam around without Mr. Hwangssabu and not to mention a job? Ahh, I need to get back to work. My dream of succeeding in  fashion design is still up for the grab. One way or the other, I will be able to circumvent things and I'm going to win both in the end, her heart and my dream. I wonder what's the rest of the world has been doing while I'm lying here doing nothing.

 

It's been only after a week when I have managed to take peek of what's inside the first locked door on the second floor and it's her home studio where she writes songs and create music I supposed with all the monitors and sound equipment inside. Its just the second one that bothers me a little. Chaerin won't tell me what's in it either. 

 

Anyway, I'm glad she got her creative juice back to work again. She was able to write about four songs already in a week. She let me listen to them and was open for my criticism.. I guess my presence really helped her but on the contrary, my ual juice were pretty much dry, we are still sleeping in separate room and she hadn't even touch me since then. The struggle is real though.  Come to think of it, it was only a kiss that led me to this situation. But, the topic never came up again.

 

I applauded myself for doing pretty well with the household chores especially with the laundry. It feels great to have this accomplishment in my life. Its just recently, that I find my life in routines I'm getting bored. But,  I'm glad Chae allowed me to do some sketches and patterns.  I miss my old life, being busy backstage, having no sleep preparing for the fashion week.  Ugh, how long will I stay like this?

 

Darong, get dress, we'll go out tonight.  Ugh, finally, Chaerin just popped out into my room after being away all day. Are we going out for a date? Why am I even excited to go out? No, its a house party. I hope Jeremy will be there too. This will be our first night out in L.A. and since the city itself support same marriage, my gut is telling me that most probably, she'll introduced me as her fiancèe. Hul, why am I having butterfly in my stomach? Chaerin chose everything from my dress down to my shoes and even the accessories and make up.  Surprisingly, I love her taste, it suits me quite well. It was a toned down Givenchy's white ruffled blouse and a black mini skirt.  I looked so innocent and demure.

 

At the party

We arrived at the event just in time, and we were greeted with the host, Jesse Jo Stark herself, the owner of Chrome Heart, the  popular fashion brand in L.A. Sandara Park!! I could hear Jeremy's voice from a far calling me out as if we were the only two people in the room.  How are you dear? Are you still locked up in the dungeon? Jeremy really knows how to put the my real situation into words. I'm fine Jer, actually I've learned  so much in a span of seven days. Imagine that.  Both of us giggled as Chaerin excused herself when Jesse called for her attention in the crowd.  When are you going to be mine again Dara? If only she'd let me.  But before I could come up with an answer, a certain girl from the crowd just approach Chaerin and kissed her on the lips.  What the? Is this how they greet here in L.A.? My blood begun to boil as I saw Chaerin smiling back at her and even hugged her in return.  

 

Dara unnie!!!  Oh my God, is it really you? OMG this girl, she gave me tight hugged and a fair kiss on the cheek. What a surprise?  I just got back from Hong Kong. How are you? I haven't heard much from my sister lately. Where is she anyway?  Harin was asking a ton of questions all at once that I wasn't able to catch up which one to answer first.  Ah.. ah.. what's your question again? Harin broke down into laughter not minding what other people would say even Chaerin turned her head towards our direction.  You haven't changed Dara unnie. You are still funny as ever. and I wasn't even trying. Jeremy Scott was so sweet as he handed me a cocktail drink he got from the bar.  

 

So, when is the wedding? I was taken aback as Harin popped the question out of no where.  Uhm.. this is awkward. How am I supposed to answer this? What the? A familiar hand just slithered its way on my waist and pulled me in towards her. 

 

 

That would be next week.. on my birthday. And just like that, she had set the date on her own.