Chapter 31 - Gyuri's Secret Revelation

"Is It Love?"

 

Seungyeon was dumbfounded. One moment someone pulled her from the wall where she was pinned before by Kyujong. At first she didn’t know who it was, but that person’s hand which held her hand and patted he back felt familiar.

“It’s okay, you’re safe.”

It was later that she found the identity of her savior when that person started to talk again, or rather yelling to whoever it was, most likely to Kyujong.

“What the heck do you think you’re going to do to my sister?!”

She was already feeling a little bit calmer rather than before, her brain had started working again when she heard that yell, that voice. Gyuri. Her sister, Gyuri, was there. So it was true that the woman she saw earlier was Gyuri. But what was she doing there? And the man she found with her earlier, did it mean he was really…

The sound of a punch on something, on whatever part of someone’s body just came out filling her ear out of sudden. Who punched who? Everything was still not clear for her, too blur and confusing to begin thinking one by one about everything that happened that night.

Then she found herself had turned around out of Gyuri’s embrace and looked into a figure, no, two figure of men on the floor. One was lying while laughing scornfully while the other one was on top beating him.

Heo Youngsaeng. Otter-nim!

She saw Youngsaeng’s lips moved saying something while his both hands pulled Kyujong’s collar roughly, but she couldn’t catch what he was saying. She was too frantic. She had to stop them before they started to hurt each other, before Kyujong punched Youngsaeng back.

She was confused. She couldn’t bear to see Kyujong being treated like that even though that guys just probably trying to kiss her. But she also felt it wasn’t right if he had to beg Youngsaeng to stop punching Kyujong. That was just the same as she was defending Kyujong and maybe she had gone crazy, but she felt that it would make Youngsaeng felt hurt if she did it.

In her perplexity her own self moved, somehow influenced by her subconscious or whatever it was, toward Youngsaeng and pulled that guy away from Kyujong, holding both his arms with her hands.

Everything became more confusing when she looked up and found pale and angry expression on Youngsaeng’s face. It was for the first time she saw such expression on his face, and it was a little bit scary. But what she thought was what made that guy became that angry?

“Are you okay?” Youngsaeng asked her who was unknowingly still looking up at that guy. He knew that her mind was wandering about a lot of things.

“Seungyeon-ah.”

She came to her sense and her eyes met the beads of Youngsaeng’s brown eyes were staring in the dimness. Those eyes were still emitting the little emotion that left from the previous anger, but rather dominated by the emanation of anxiety and worry.

“Heung.” Seungyeon nodded, still unable to find her voice that lost, swallowed by the confusion and fear. Her both hands were still attached onto Youngsaeng’s arms while that guy ate the big desire to hug the girl in front of him.

Earlier, Seungyeon told him that she needed to go to the toilet but the girl had gone for too long that he decided to go after her. He roamed in front of the toilet entrance, calling out her name but getting no answer. After making sure that there was no one around, he went in and found all the cubicles were empty.

He tried to think about some possibilities, things that happened and where the girl was possibility going. When he came out of the toilet he concluded to just go to the end of the alley just incase if she was there, and he found her there, pinned to the wall with Kyujong in standing really close in front of her. He was shocked somehow hurt and he knew he was jealous, moreover he felt his anger rose up.

He quickened his pace and at the same time he saw Gyuri coming from the opposite direction, looking all angry just like him. He wondered why Gyuri was there, but it didn’t matter much for him because the only thing that he had on his mind at that time was that girl, Seungyeon.

“He’s drunk.” She said, interrupting Youngsaeng’s reverie.

“Yeah.” Youngsaeng grunted, becoming annoyed again. Considering what he had seen, the thing that almost happened between Seungyeon and Kyujong it made his head bubbling with all the emotions. If just Gyuri didn’t pull the girl right in time, maybe…her first kiss had gone flying away, taken by Kyujong.

“Did you cry?” he asked after he saw there was a clear line that disguised the powder around her cheek bone and eye.

“It seems so, just a single tear, dropped without me knowing.” Seungyeon explained, not wanting to make him becoming more worried.

Abruptly she remembered about Kyujong and Gyuri, hastily she turned around. Kyujong was still lying on the floor, there was blood at one corner of his lips but he didn’t appear to be faint or getting any serious injuries. She fought the urge to help that guy.

While Gyuri was standing three feet away with her cell phone on her hand, apparently was in the middle of trying to call someone. Her face expression appeared to be really tense. She mumbled to her own self, “Why he isn’t answering?”

Being curious, Seungyeon asked her. “Unnie, who are you calling?”

Gyuri jolted, startled.

“O-oh Seungyeon-ah. No. Just nobody.” She answered while at speed putting her cell phone into her clutch. There was surely something strange, Seungyeon thought. Gyuri constantly kept looking behind her back with a nervous expression as if there would be a monster appearing there.

“Ah, right, unnie, how could you be here? What did you do here? And earlier, I thought I saw you with someone. Who is he?”

Gyuri’s face turned pale when she heard the question that Seungyeon asked her. It was obvious that there was something that she hid from the younger girl regarding the reason of how she could come to the party and most likely also about that guy that Seungyeon spotted with her earlier.

“L-later, I’ll tell you later. Now let’s just go back home. And it seems like we need to ask someone to take that guy from here.”

She glared toward Kyujong a moment before she walked forward and ready to drag Seungyeon go from that place. But it was just too late, before they could go a figure emerged from the opposite direction. He walked closer, seemed to be not recognizing Seungyeon from afar but that girl knew who he was, just obviously. What she saw earlier came out to be true. Gyuri was with that guy, for real!

“Ya! Gyuri-ah.”

“You! Kim Hyunjoong!”

Their voices echoed at the same time, resonating in the deserted corridor that was connected to the back entrance of the café. Seungyeon looked at Gyuri with an unreadable expression, demanding for an explanation.

*****

 

 

“What do you mean by it? What do you mean with you guys are in a relationship?”

They were in the parking lot, in an abandon corner of it where nobody could see them. They stood in front of each other, face to face, Gyuri and Seungyeon while both the guys stood beside them respectively.

“Why are you not saying anything?” Seungyeon shrieked again, staring at Gyuri with anger and mostly disappointment while the later one was only able to turn her gaze down, wasn’t brave enough to meet Seungyeon’s eyes.

“I’m sorry.” She finally said faintly. “I really didn’t mean to lie to you, but-”

“But you did! You lied to me, unnie.” Seungyeon cut her off, giving pressure at the last word she uttered. “It’s not just for one-two days or one-two weeks, it’s been months. How can you do this to me? And you said that you always think of me as your own sister. But what kind of sister lies about her own relationship for months?”

“I’m sorry, really.” Again, uttering an apology was the only thing that she could do at the moment. Gyuri knew she was at fault, she shouldn’t have lie to Seungyeon about her relationship with Hyunjoong, but she had her own reason, for the good.

“Omma and Appa know about this?” She asked. Her tone was as hard and cold as her facial expression, but inside she was fighting the urge to cry for the painful reality that her own sister lied to her, for months, about something that was really important. She saw Gyuri nodded weakly.

“Hah!” Seungyeon let out a sarcastic sigh, her eyes emitted a huge disappointment and hurt, the tears that she held inside were hanging around the corner of her eyes. Just one more painful revelation, she sure it would just happily went rolling down her cheeks. And thanks to Hyunjoong, just in seconds in successfully did.

“Actually we’re getting engage by the end of the next month.”

“Ya!” Gyuri yelled to Hyunjoong as Seungyeon’s eyes went bigger by the words she heard, the tears flew down her cheeks. Her world turned upside down, she felt a great headache and dizzy. If Youngsaeng didn’t catch her right on the time she must had fallen to the ground. Gyuri gave a why-did-you-say-that-you-fool stare to Hyunjoong. As much as she loved that guy she sometimes just didn’t understand whether he was just really 4D, insensitive or he really didn’t care about other’s feeling.

“Seungyeon-ah, I’m really sor-”

“Enough. I don’t want to hear it anymore. I’ve never expected you to do this to me. I don’t even want to believe what I’ve heard just now. You’re going to be engaged to him by the end of the next month but you didn’t mention a word about it to me.” Seungyeon squeezed the clutch on her hand to control her anger and all the feelings that she felt the moment. The tears were still running down her face, even more.

“If this guy so called your boyfriend here didn’t say it, when will you have the intention to tell me? One week before the engagement? Or at the morning of the day? Why are you doing this to me?” She asked even though she thought she knew the answer already.

“Seungyeon-ah, it’s because…because- you are-”

“Because I don’t like him? Because my relationship with him has never been good since the first time? Because I told you that I hate him for making fun of me whenever I wear something with pink on it?” She stared at Gyuri with disbelief. She realized that everything that she said just now were true, those were the silly reasons for Gyuri’s lie.

“Unnie, do you think I’m that childish? Am I that narrow minded in your eyes? Is that kind of sister I am in your mind? The one that would stand in between her sister and the one that her sister loves just because of her own personal reasons, is that so? I know that I’ve been really egoist and stubborn for all this time, that I’ve hurt you a lot, and I’m really sorry for that. But just like you, I always think of you as my own sister, not my step sister but a real one, like we came to this world from the same parents. But is this how the real sisters treat each other? This is just too much unnie, too much.”

They fell into a heavy silence by the end of Seungyeon’s speech. No one dare to say something, no one dare to move even just an inch, even Hyunjoong. Seungyeon’s tears were still running down, out of her control. Youngsaeng still held her with his both arms, afraid that the girl would fall or collapse just anytime because he could feel how weak she was at that moment, how her body was shaking from the emotions she felt.

Gyuri was silence, feeling guilty. She felt like crying too but too ashamed to cry because she was the one who caused these chaos and hurt. She used to think that maybe it was the best choice she should take, to hide the relationship of her and Hyunjoong and tell Seungyeon later after she found the right time. But now she had proven to be wrong, she should’ve told that girl since the first time.

“Otter-nim, please take me away from this place. I need to get a hold of myself.”

Gyuri found Youngsaeng staring with confusion at her after Seungyeon asked him so, a what-should-I-do look on his face. She nodded, sending him a silent permission. She realized that Seungyeon needed time alone, and forcing her to go home with her was just useless and would make everything went worst.

Youngsaeng nodded slightly to Hyunjoong as the substitute of a bow, awkwardly, before he brought Seungyeon walked away to his car. He now remembered why he felt like he had seen Hyunjoong or that alien- as how Seungyeon called him- somewhere before. Youngsaeng saw him that day after they went to Lotte World, the guy that rode Gyuri back home with motorcycle.

**********************************************************************************

 

 

 

Author's note:

a short update. I'm sorry for the long time it took to update. I hope you guys will enjoy this angst :P

MORE KYUJONG WILL COME ON THE NEXT CHAPTER! 

and anyway thank you for my subscribers and readers. love ya <33333