Chapter 14 - Still

"Is It Love?"

Seungyeon was woken up from her sleep by the sudden ringing from her cellphone. Gyuri’s baby voice; that she purposely recorded for Seungyeon’s 18th birthday gift; barely heard filling the pinkish bedroom, broke the quite peaceful winter-morning of its owner deep sleep. She silently swore under her breath, cursing whoever it was the person who sent her a text message in the morning, causing her phone to ringing and barged into her beautiful sleep.

Still with her soul trapped in between dream and reality, she rolled to the other side of the bed. Her hand moved around on the bed, groping, trying to find the cellphone that was still ringing. When she finally found it on the end edge of her bed, the small thing stopped ringing just like it had sense that its task to wake the owner up was already accomplished.

Half awaken; she sat upright in her bed and stayed still for a few moments, trying to get rid of her sleepiness. She peeked at the clock that was sitting on the table beside her bed, 6am. Her mind started to scream, who the hell was the person that sent her a text message at 6 on Saturday morning? Annoyed, she inched away lazily toward the edge of the bed and sat there leaning on. She grabbed the pink phone and typed the security code to unlock it. Yeah, she was really concern about her privacy. After pressed another ‘this and that’ button on her cellphone, she opened the message and read it.


From: 지영이(010-xxxx-xxxx)

Seungyeon unnieeeee….

Good morning  :D ㅋㅋㅋ

I’m sorry if I disturb you,

But, do you have any plan for tomorrow???

Jiyoungie heart

 

Why did this girl have to send me a text message at this time, so early in the morning? And what did she have to do with my plan for tomorrow?

 

Even though she was confused with the sudden message, but still in the end she replied to it, saying that she had nothing to do and would just stay at home for the whole day. After sending the message, she placed the phone at the table beside her bed. Seungyeon leaned her back to the bed; her mind winded back the things that happened on the dinner.

Despite all the noise that her mom and Youngsaeng’s mom made, everything went as normal as business dinner could be. The both fathers were busy talking about investing on this and that but in the end they ended up; after finished their business conversation of course; joining the mothers’ spazzing about their little-new-couple. They kept asking Seungyeon a lot of questions, such as how did they meet and etc and etc, while the latter just could keep silent with the red blush all over her face. She really didn’t know what to say. She wished she could just go and disappear from the earth at that time or maybe just suicide using the fork and the knife in front of her. But fortunately, thank you to Jiyoung, she spoke out just right in time before their parents gone too far. She innocently, yes, INNOCENTLY and FAITHFULLY said that maybe Seungyeon was just too shy to talk about it. She thought that Seungyeon really did, still not knowing that she had been fooled.

After the dinner, when they were just about going back home, Jiyoung went approach her and asking for her phone number. She said that she had been asking Youngsaeng for this past three days, but he just wouldn’t give the number.

Oh well, how he could give it to you while he himself didn’t know my phone number.

They bid their goodbye after exchanging their cellphone number. Strangely, Jiyoung hugged her before she left, said she was happy that Youngsaeng finally met a good girl like her.

Oh~ I feel guilty for lying toward that innocent girl. She’ll probably hate me if she found out the truth.

She snapped back to reality when her phone rang again, another message. She opened it and found that it was Jiyoung again saying ‘okay’ and ‘have a nice day’.

Weird.

Seungyeon immediately deleted the message since she didn’t like to see her inbox to be full. It would just give her another trouble to delete it later because she had to choose it manually since there were some messages that she wanted to remain on her phone. That was when she saw it again, that message, the last message that she got from Kyujong.

I wonder how he is doing now. I miss him, still…

She was still sleepy actually, but since she woke up already she couldn’t go back to sleep or she would end up waking up on the afternoon. She went out from her blanket and walked toward the bathroom, starting her day normally, not knowing what would come up later.

*****************************************************