Chapter 13 - Missunderstanding

"Is It Love?"

Normal POV

 

“She is…Youngsaeng oppa’s girlfriend!”

“Youngsaeng’s girlfriend??!”

“Who is Youngsaeng?”

“I didn’t know that our daughter is dating someone.”

“How long have it been?”

“How did you two meet?”

All those questions was thrown one by one to Seungyeon face with all 5 pairs of eyes were staring intensely waiting for her answer. But all that she could do was keeping quiet as she sank in her deep thought.

Oh God~ please save me…

 

FLASHBACK

3 days ago

“Wait!! Hey you there, mister wait!!” Seungyeon shout every word out of her lungs, calling for the guy who walked further on her. But no matter how hard she tried, that guy kept walking away. He wouldn’t stop, not even bother; just for the sake of; to turn his head a little.

“Ya! Wait! Please stop, just for a while! Please!” Seungyeon yelled again. She started to feel exhausted and out of breath, sweat could be looked barely in every corner of her face. She wasn’t the type of girl who loved to exercise, no, she didn’t exercise at all. It was not that she was a lazy girl, but with that reckless self who would fall anytime even without her doing any move, who was the crazy person that would let her doing exercise? The answer was no one! The last time she exercised; run like that crazy; was on her last grade of high school on the final exam, where her teacher ended up feeling sorry and regret for making her injured.

Running around the big mall from the second floor to the first floor was like was like a deep, really deep torture for her. But on the other side, she felt amuse at how her self restrained. She could stand still and hadn’t fallen yet after running for about 10minutes.

“YAAAAAAA!!!!”

After one and another shout, the guy stopped and turned around just to find the breathless Seungyeon still running behind him. He looked at the petite figure who was now panting at her place, she stopped running already after seeing that guy break his pace off.

She seemed so familiar,his mind told him.

‘Who is she? Where did I see her?’

The guy, after taking another some time trying to figure the question out; but failed; started to move away again. Assuming that she was just another one from many annoying girls trying to get his attention that he met on the college, he fastened his pace.

“Chih! What’s wrong with the girls nowadays? They are all so aggressive!” He mumbled sarcastically to himself as he walked out of the mall.

“Ya! Where are you going?!!” The serenity that Seungyeon felt at the thought of that guy finally stopped for her just last for seconds. It was frustrating when she saw the sight of his back walking further away. She started to feel panic.

“YA!!!! I have to talk to with you!!!” She screamed in panic while grabbing her hair, not even care about the people who started to look at her weirdly just like she was a crazy girl that just run away from a mental hospital. She was still panting out of breath, her ponytail hair turned into a mess already, but she didn’t care at all, she started running again, chasing the guy.

Oh God, I really have to talk to him but he won’t ever stop. What should I do?

She just reached the parking area; where she found that guy walking quietly; when an idea came to her mind. She shook her head hardly first, saying to herself that she couldn’t do that kind of thing but after looking at the person who was walking in front of her, she thought that she had no choice other than that. She tightened her fist, silently saying fighting to herself.

“Oppa!” she fastened her pace then when she was right behind Youngsaeng, she tucked her hands in between his, grabbing his waist and hugged him from behind.

“Oppa, please don’t leave me. Please please please don’t leave me.” Seungyeon made her voice sounded as sad as it could be just like a girlfriend who just got hurt deep. Tears started rolling down on her small face, thanks to her melancholic and sensitive self that she could cry easily just by remembering a sad scene from a movie. On the other side, Youngsaeng; that guy’s name; got really shock from everything. The sudden hug that made his heart almost jumped out of its place and the words that he heard.

What the heck with this girl,he thought.

“Oppa, please don’t leave me. I don’t know how to live my life without you on it. I don’t care even if you hurt me again, I don’t care at all. As long as you stay with me, I already and will always forgive you. I don’t care even if my heart is bleeding.” Seungyeon tightened her grip on Youngsaeng’s waist while the latter was trying hard to remove it. People there stopped by at their place, looking at them and the one who has together with their friends started whispering to each other. Some of them started to give Youngsaeng cynical stare and some of them were staring at Seungyeon pitifully, feeling bad for her for having such a jerk boyfriend and for being too stupid and blinded in love.

“Ya, what the heck are you doing now?!” Youngsaeng finally spoke up after being quiet for some time, while still trying to take Seungyeon’s hands off him.

“Oppa, I don’t care even if you cheat on me. You can go out with those girls, as long as you’re back to me again. Please Oppa, don’t leave me. I don’t know how to carry on with my life if you leave me.” Seungyeon kept going on with her little own drama, making use of the situation around her. She didn’t care with Youngsaeng who his face was red of embarrassment already. She didn’t care with the reaction that she would get from Youngsaeng later. And actually, she didn’t even remember his name, the guy in her embrace. All that she thought was about Kyujong, she had to find out about Kyujong from this guy that she was holding onto.

They stand still like that for about 5 more minutes with Seungyeon was trying hard to keep crying and adding a little sobbing while Youngsaeng; after trying for several times to escape from Seungyeon’s arm but failed; was keeping quiet to himself. Sank in deep in his own thought, he recalled the small memory about her. He really felt that he had met that girl before, but where? The thing that he was sure about was that they didn’t meet somewhere on his college. He strangely had the feelings that the girl; who was crying and sobbing in his back; wasn’t one of those mad girls who kept asking for his attention, in a short way, this girl has no feelings for him at all. But then why did she act that way? Without him knowing, he squeezed Seungyeon’s hand.

People that stopped to watch them start to leave one by one went back to their own activities after they saw the ‘couple’ standing still quietly. Seungyeon reduced her crying and sobbing after saw the people left, felt that it was no use to keep faking the tears and it might be the right time for her to explain everything to the I-did-not-remember-his-name guy in her arms. She loosened her grip on him.

“Youngsaeng Oppa!” a cute voice floated in the air.

So his name is Youngsaeng, but how could I know?Seungyeon thought to herself.

No, that wasn’t me. That wasn’t my voice and I didn’t say anything at all.

She looked around and found a girl went approaching them. Immediately, Seungyeon moved away from Youngsaeng. Now that she was standing all alone by herself, not running or hugging Youngsaeng, she felt the cold weather spread over surrounding her self. Was it Youngsaeng that was too warm or was it her who was busy acting by herself that she didn’t feel chilly at first? She wasn’t sure either, and she didn’t want to think that it was Youngsaeng that was too warm. Silly, she thought.

“Oppa, I saw everything.” Those words snapped Seungyeon back to reality. She lifted her head up and looked at the just-coming-girl. Her voice sounded really full of disappointment, so did her eyes showed the same sign. Seungyeon analyzed the girl from head to toe. She had a pretty yet cute face. Her skin was fair white just like the color of a rice cake. Even though she was taller, but she seemed to be younger than Seungyeon, around eighteen or nineteen years old. Seungyeon looked up at Youngsaeng who was still at the same position, he looked all fine and his face showed a plain facial expression just like nothing had happened. Youngsaeng looked back at her, gave out a ‘what?’ look on his face. Seungyeon’s thought started wandering around, assuming this and that out all of the possibility about the younger girl. Was she Youngsaeng’s real girlfriend? Could it be? O o~ Han Seungyeon you’re so dead!

Suddenly someone’s arms came around her and Seungyeon was pulled into someone’s embrace, that girl’s.

“Unnie, are you okay? Omona~ how could Youngsaeng oppa did it? Oppa, how could you be so mean to your girlfriend?!”

“What? What did I do wrong?” Youngsaeng asked her back with sarcastic tone. The girl released Seungyeon off; her eyes went bigger as she looked at Youngsaeng with a disbelieving stare.

“Oppa, I heard everything and you still trying to escape? I’ll tell Imo* then!”

“Jiyoung ah, where did you learn it? How could you come and stand against me?”

“Whatever oppa. You should be good to….?” The girl so called Jiyoung turned her head toward Seungyeon who was just staring back at her blankly then after a few seconds she realized that girl was asking for her name.

“Seungyeon. Han Seungyeon.” She said with a shaky voice. That gave a little light to Youngsaeng while Jiyoung’s voice sank in, no where to be found on Youngsaeng’s mind.  He remembered it already; she was the girl that he met with Kyujong last month and the reason for Kyujong’s worries all this time. He gave the girl a last look to make sure that she was really ‘that’ girl before he spoke out.

“Okay then Jiyoung ah, Oppa did wrong. Now let’s take your unnie back to her home.” He gave the right amount of pressure in his every word. Then grabbing Seungyeon’s hand, he dragged her to his car with Jiyoung followed them behind looked all happy for her own thought about the ‘couple’, not knowing that she was just get fooled by.

****************************************************************

 

 

Author's note: I'm sorry for the late update...